Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
soy
Jul 7, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
what kinda codpiece are you going to wear in post apocalypse? I am not sure if I want to wear anything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

we need details, op

lorn Wayne
Jan 7, 2006

:staredog::meowth::pipe:
im the comet, sup

soy
Jul 7, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I hope they release star wars early because it would suck to miss that.

Tenacious J
Nov 20, 2002

ffffffuck I'm worried

Macasaurus
Oct 12, 2012

im gonna wear a 7/11 big gulp codpiece thanks for asking

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?

lorn Wayne posted:

im the comet, sup

nah you're just the son of the comet

insulated staircase
Aug 21, 2014

shemitah

Segata Sanshiro
Sep 10, 2011

we can live for nothing
baby i don't care

lose me like the ocean
feel the motion

:coolfish:

what stupid dumb thing is supposed to happen this time

insulated staircase
Aug 21, 2014

Feranon posted:

what stupid dumb thing is supposed to happen this time

jews

Demora
Aug 13, 2004

It wouldn't be the Enterprise without a Sulu at the helm

THANKS OBAMA

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

i'm going to gently caress a dead pig head i can't do it now because it's frowned upon by society and probably illeagle

Demora
Aug 13, 2004

It wouldn't be the Enterprise without a Sulu at the helm

social vegan posted:

i'm going to gently caress a dead pig head i can't do it now because it's frowned upon by society and probably illeagle

God's wrath will cleanse us all.

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49
if I don't get my new iphone before this poo poo happens i will not be happy.

unless a giant iphone is what crashes into the earth. dat haptic feedback

Throwdini
Aug 2, 2006
Madonna's New Tour Depicts the COMING NEPHILlM HORDES (September 23, 2015 FINAL WARNINGS)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5iUsjWveN2U

Spandex Bonerlord
Sep 30, 2014

TEAYCHES posted:

from the anonymous goon confessions thread:

"Hey - Comet Goon Confession from a while back wasn't wrong. I don't know exactly who he is, but I'm also one of those "700" (actually probably closer to 3000) people that know the deal. I can also share a few more facts that he either didn't know or didn't share.

The comet was discovered by Solar Warden several months ago. If you aren't already aware, Solar Warden is a United Nations backed space program that's been in operation since the early 1980s. You can google "Solar Warden" if you don't know all the details - but it's basically public knowledge at this point.

Solar Warden attempted to destroy the comet or to knock it off course. However, the comet (which is called Wyrmwood in most official documents, gotta love biblical references) was too big to be destroyed or knocked off course enough to miss Earth.

After it was determined that there was no way to prevent the collision, the option was weighed of evacuating Earth via Solar Warden and whatever other world space programs are available. However, the only available living space for people would be ISS, Solar Warden's Omni-Directional Space Platform, and the UN Fallout Satellite. These 3 locations would allow maybe 200 people max to survive, and would only guarantee a few months of survival at best. Any evac plans were then considered infeasible and abandoned.

The final option was an (as of yet) unsuccessful SOS sent into deep space. To my knowledge there is no extraterrestrial life, so we are gambling on discovering life in space, having it be intelligent enough to decode our SOS and have a way to make it to Earth and evacuate all human life, and have us be able to survive in whatever environment we end up on. It's a hail mary that's gonna fail, in this old dog's eyes.

The goon's right - the general public wasn't told this for fear of it causing mass chaos across the world. There's a thread in GBS about what you'd do if the world ended - that's what we fear. A lot of crime, a lot of destruction, and a lot of death. In the small event that we would somehow survive this comet, the whole world would be FUBAR anyway, probably beyond our capacity to reign it in again.

Now two things I wanna address. You probably wonder - why is this guy posting on SA? Well, quite frankly, I posted here since way back when, and it helped keep me sane on a lot of long boring nights. I was there when Smashmouth didn't eat the eggs, I was there when Telhix drew that crazy MSPaint drawing, I was there for 50 Ft Ant's bullshit stories. So I wanted to let my goon brethren in on this so maybe you all do at least one thing you wanted to do before you die.

Secondly -a lot of crazy confessions in here but no proof. Well, I've got a little bit. I attached some images here, I'm hoping HH can post em and that they made it through okay. You've got a photo of the comet taken about a week ago. Now that should give you some idea of the size, if it's that large to the human eye but still 3 weeks away.

Next photo is of one of Solar Warden's space planes, a photo I took myself back in 2010.

Hope this all helps shed a little light on what's coming. To be honest, when I read the confession I about poo poo my pants - didn't think any other goons would be aware of this."

:ohdear:

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?
:pray:

soy
Jul 7, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Throwdini posted:

Madonna's New Tour Depicts the COMING NEPHILlM HORDES (September 23, 2015 FINAL WARNINGS)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5iUsjWveN2U

Madonna is fuckin hot hail madonna hope i can join her demon army

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
I hope the world doesn't end cause my birthday is the 25th and I'd very much h like to get to stick to my plans of going to Lobsterfest and then the fair

soy
Jul 7, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Nooner posted:

I hope the world doesn't end cause my birthday is the 25th and I'd very much h like to get to stick to my plans of going to Lobsterfest and then the fair

Don't worry your universe will probably fork to one that doesn't do the apocalypse but probably anyone without plans to go to lobsterfest is doomed

Matey
Mar 28, 2008

eat food

#LetNoonerHaveHisBirthday

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

If our mystery "one of 700" goon is going to post secret pictures as proof of the coming Apocalypse, he/she could at least be bothered to alter them a little bit so they don't show up on tinyeye.

Commie NedFlanders
Mar 8, 2014

It's actually on the 28th

Pro tip

Invest in gold tomorrow in the first 10 minutes of the market opening

soy
Jul 7, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

oh no space-shuttle-chan so scarrry

the thing I find most ridiculous about that goons posts is the notion that a goon would ever be trusted with anything even remotely secret or important or promoted past computer janitor in any job

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

tl;dr bullshit

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
My only regret is I won't get to see Shane blacks predator sequel

Obligatory Handle
Feb 27, 2004

by Lowtax
I'll be in a flight across the ocean, so I'm going to be really, really dead.

Segata Sanshiro
Sep 10, 2011

we can live for nothing
baby i don't care

lose me like the ocean
feel the motion

:coolfish:

Obligatory Handle posted:

I'll be in a flight across the ocean, so I'm going to be really, really dead.

might as well upgrade to first class next to the window. sip cheap champagne while having a gr8 view of deathcomet 2k15

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Please disregard my advice w/r/t history.
No lie I find this kind of stuff (wyrmwood, CERN Shiva, Solar Warden) very interesting, just to consider the immediate impact on society's frail emotions.

But if the asteroid was as close as the anonymous goon implied you would have armchair astronomers the world over reporting on it.

Edgar
Sep 9, 2005

Oh my heck!
Oh heavens!
Oh my lord!
OH Sweet meats!
Wedge Regret
No wonder my neighbors are stocking up on water and food.

Applesnots
Oct 22, 2010

MERRY YOBMAS

I am actually hoping this happens. Life is boring and this is a better fate than any that I can think of. Not many times you get to participate in a mass extinction event.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dignity Van Houten
Jul 28, 2006

abcdefghijk
ELLAMENNO-P

I'm sure some top top secret military base just lets people walk around with a camera phone snapping pictures

• Locked thread