Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Phobic Nest
Oct 2, 2013

You Are My Sunshine

plain blue jacket posted:

Actually he's bipolar

More like schizo.

I've known way too many people who believed God talked to them and somehow each's version of God sounded a lot like themselves.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tezzor
Jul 29, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!
"he got fired and therefore he and his family are without an income. what an injustice. also, we're conservatives"

Shadow
Jun 25, 2002

Phobic Nest posted:

More like schizo.

I've known way too many people who believed God talked to them and somehow each's version of God sounded a lot like themselves.

God sure seems to agree that I'm always right! :iiam:

TacticalUrbanHomo
Aug 17, 2011

by Lowtax

Tezzor posted:

"he got fired and therefore he and his family are without an income. what an injustice. also, we're conservatives"

"good thing we made sure his family doesn't get any return on all the taxes they've paid over the years by collecting benefits from a social safety net"

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Commie NedFlanders posted:

Ummm the sovereign creator of all things should be subject to the stupid movements in the brains of monkeys?

this explanation used to make sense to me and then one day the thought crossed my mind, "maybe we just came up with all of these ways to explain away god's horrible behavior, but the best and easiest explanation for all of the problems with the character of god is just that the existence of the Christian god doesn't make any sense."

red19fire
May 26, 2010

TacticalUrbanHomo posted:

"good thing we made sure his family doesn't get any return on all the taxes they've paid over the years by collecting benefits from a social safety net"

He was fired with cause, I don't think he can collect unemployment.

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"
I'm gay

TacticalUrbanHomo
Aug 17, 2011

by Lowtax

red19fire posted:

He was fired with cause, I don't think he can collect unemployment.

which is the only thing available to a family with no income, thanks to people like him

plain blue jacket
Jan 13, 2014

IT DOESN'T STOP
IT NEVER STOPS
Has the Ned Flanders guy abandoned this thread now that we know this guy was warned many times before being fired?

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug
Pretty much all of human history? There's a bunch of famous lines out there on this subject I'm sure you've heard a few.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

here u go, friend

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tbPu2rtmDbY

TacticalUrbanHomo
Aug 17, 2011

by Lowtax

plain blue jacket posted:

Has the Ned Flanders guy abandoned this thread now that we know this guy was warned many times before being fired?

he never cared. you got hi-didley-owned, comrade.

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
Am I the first in the thread to say "Fire all Christians"?

a bay
Oct 14, 2014

by Lowtax
Am I the first in the thread to say this guys kids shouldnt have to eat government cheese just because their dad said Jesus to a lesbian

Shadow
Jun 25, 2002

a bay posted:

Am I the first in the thread to say this guys kids shouldnt have to eat government cheese just because their dad said Jesus to a lesbian

I agree with this, but people of his ilk don't. So I'm not too bothered by it.

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013
Good-hearted Christian Man: "I love you and I want you to live forever in heaven under God's grace."

Hateful homo-fascist: "UUUUUUGH!! This is harassment! Police!"

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

a bay posted:

You're right, they should be eating the invisible cock of the FREE MARKET

Maybe if their dad used rational self-interest as his god instead of Jesus, he'd still have a job

TacticalUrbanHomo
Aug 17, 2011

by Lowtax
or maybe he could be as religious as he wants to be, but choose to ascribe to a projection of god that doesn't reaffirm his deep-seated hatred for homosexuals

or, he can be as bigoted as he wants to be, and not say poo poo to his coworkers about it

a real rude dude
Jan 23, 2005

that guy mercrom on the last page lol what a dumbass

Junkfist
Oct 7, 2004

FRIEND?
Thought we got rid of Don't Ask Don't Tell BUT NO we just put it on the Christians WAKE UP AMERICA.

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender

a bay posted:

The free market has spoken and employers should be able to fire Christians at any time and for any reason

red19fire
May 26, 2010

Shadow posted:

I agree with this, but people of his ilk don't. So I'm not too bothered by it.

Yes, Dickensian poverty is *only* for Poors (aka coloreds)

Shadow
Jun 25, 2002

red19fire posted:

Yes, Dickensian poverty is *only* for Poors (aka coloreds)

that comment aimed at me, friend?

Commie NedFlanders
Mar 8, 2014

Phobic Nest posted:

More like schizo.

I believe the The Holy Spirit has guided me considerably and its led to sharp radical changes in my views, personality, and behaviors

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot

rotinaj posted:

You're right, they should be eating the invisible cock of the FREE MARKET

Maybe if their dad used rational self-interest as his god instead of Jesus, he'd still have a job

I"d rather hear someone blab on about how gays are icky and Jesus saves than some freak going on about ayn rand lol

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"

Lol now that this is in my history, I'm obligated to watch it

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
I just find it loving hilarious that he did it twice. I'm picturing him just walking up to every gay person that gets hired and giving them pamphlets or links to that video.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

a bay posted:

I support social safety nets even for people who are fired because they can't function as an adult in the work environment, ironically this guy probably doesn't support such things and is now in a situation where he has little access to aid because people like him think poors deserve to suffer and never anticipate being poor themselves.

red19fire
May 26, 2010

Shadow posted:

that comment aimed at me, friend?

No, I agree with you, the guy made his bed and now has to sleep in it, but this story will be dead in a week. It's like Steinbeck's 'temporarily embarassed millionaires' quote. People like the Ohioian want to destroy social safety nets but now he's hat in hand on gofundme or kickstarter to get the Christian Persecution Free Money Machine running.

Stinky_Pete
Aug 16, 2015

Stinkier than your average bear
Lipstick Apathy
"Her lawn seemed so dimly lit, and I wanted to brighten it up for her with some free lighting. I started with a single straight line to share my love of straightness, but then decided that wasn't enough light. So I added a smaller perpendicular line just over halfway up to really spread it out, and plus it looks like the Jesus cross, which I also love sharing with people! Is it my fault fire is a really convenient way to produce light?"

Stinky_Pete fucked around with this message at 04:08 on Sep 26, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fluo
May 25, 2007

Ehud posted:

this explanation used to make sense to me and then one day the thought crossed my mind, "maybe we just came up with all of these ways to explain away god's horrible behavior, but the best and easiest explanation for all of the problems with the character of god is just that the existence of the Christian god doesn't make any sense."

There is no devil it's just God when he's drunk

• Locked thread