Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

Last season's megahit returns.

- Lucious is in jail for killing Bunkie
- Jamal is out, proud, and in charge of Empire
- Andre and Rhonda killed Vernon
- Hakeem is potentially together with Anika/Boo Boo Kitty
- Cookie is teaming up with Andre, Hakeem, and Anika to get Empire back
- Portia and Becky have been upgraded to regulars

Why should you watch it? It's a pure primetime soap opera that knows exactly what it wants to be. Even if that's not your thing, attention must be paid to the performance of Taraji P. Henson as Cookie Lyon.

She's the second coming of Alexis Carrington and I'm going to love every second of it. Bring it, show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

"Game over bitches" :swoon:

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

They just had to name the investor lady Whiteman lmao

Katana Gomai fucked around with this message at 18:04 on Sep 25, 2015

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

I was more enthralled with Anika's dancing. That just slayed me.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
They are scraping the bottom of the barrel of soap opera cliches.

I give it till episode 6-7 when people start writing articles about how Empire lost its charm is now a crazy hot mess in a bad way.

double negative
Jul 7, 2003

This show is about as entertaining as ever, imo. Bubbles the lawyer is the greatest, especially in that courtroom scene. They need to chill on the cameos, though. Every single famous black American is trying to get on the screen, and they aren't really executing that poo poo well.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

pentyne posted:

They are scraping the bottom of the barrel of soap opera cliches.

I give it till episode 6-7 when people start writing articles about how Empire lost its charm is now a crazy hot mess in a bad way.

This was definitely an episode that moved the chess pieces around. Not great, but I'm still all in.

double negative
Jul 7, 2003

As long as they continue to have cool scenes of musicmaking and other characters in other scenes briefly listening to said music, nodding their heads, and going "that's dope," I'll be tuned in

double negative
Jul 7, 2003

Good:
Hakeem's song when they crashed Lucious' party
Whatever the gently caress Cookie was wearing when they crashed Lucious' party
Cookie's boot camp
Freda is good

Bad:
Pitbull on my TV
Andre bout to blow his brains out
They let Pitbull try to act
We sure Becky G is 18?
It's time for us to band together to stop Pitbull

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Haha holy poo poo, Lucius going full alpha male on the mic was so great and completely out of nowhere.

Mecca-Benghazi
Mar 31, 2012

I just binged through the first season. It's a soap for sure, but it's a good soap. Cookie is the best. :allears:

So if I have it right, the first half of season 2 has already aired and the second half starts up again in March?

Mecca-Benghazi
Mar 31, 2012

Well I finished what's out of season 2. I'm ashamed to admit I didn't see what would happen to Rhonda until it did. And I never did like Hakeem's character.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mecca-Benghazi
Mar 31, 2012

reviving this because finale tonight in an hour :peanut:

• Locked thread