Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
2hwat your favoiurite conan
first one
second one
remake
second remake
View Results

• Locked thread
lonesomedwarf
Mar 22, 2010

I just ate three blocks of chocolate and drank four big cans of V energy drink with guarana nd im buzzing out of my head. seriously i dont know what the gently caress is going on. lets read the treasure of tranico

this one is with the illustrations by esteban maroto who sounds like some spanis hdude. i dont think ive ever met aomesone called esteban before. have you/ well lets read

okay just read the firest page. werent the picts described as a "white" race in another story? thjese pictures show some tribal looking african dudes. well its still prett. cool conans running with an axre. and lol gay hued birds, talk about oxyomorn

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

no goku, rated 2

Lolly Poopdeck
Oct 21, 2010

by zen death robot

lonesomedwarf posted:

I just ate three blocks of chocolate and drank four big cans of V energy drink with guarana nd im buzzing out of my head. seriously i dont know what the gently caress is going on. lets read the treasure of tranico

this one is with the illustrations by esteban maroto who sounds like some spanis hdude. i dont think ive ever met aomesone called esteban before. have you/ well lets read

okay just read the firest page. werent the picts described as a "white" race in another story? thjese pictures show some tribal looking african dudes. well its still prett. cool conans running with an axre. and lol gay hued birds, talk about oxyomorn

I hope you get AIDS

lonesomedwarf
Mar 22, 2010

whoa that guy is all painted and poo poo with a bone through him nose, or atre tehy tattoos? he has ashild too, prett, cool ifyam, imho, conan is running through the forest dodging squillers. this is a great story

lonesomedwarf
Mar 22, 2010

cona is fighting the pict chief, i wonter if hes going to win

lonesomedwarf
Mar 22, 2010

conan founf a cave with some dudes in it, he talks to them a. theres a picture of a devil or demon from some smoke choking conan but i dont think its related tothe story but its prett. swqeeet

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring
drinking guano also, eagerly awaiting conan updates

lonesomedwarf
Mar 22, 2010

now theres a zingsaran princess or somethign and some naked girl who is her slave? this is going ina direction i didnt expect...

lonesomedwarf
Mar 22, 2010

there in an outpost or something. a ship arrives and it has some guys on the ship. theyll probably get off and talk to ssome people and maybe look at hte princess

lonesomedwarf
Mar 22, 2010

some swarthy pirates demand entry to the port and i think conan comes from the forest and they know conan. i think theyre in the fort now. im not entirely sure whats happening the words are blurring together a bit

lonesomedwarf
Mar 22, 2010

conan kicks a demon with a snake tail in the neck. im just lloking at the pictures at this point

lonesomedwarf
Mar 22, 2010

a pirate dude stands on the beach and hes got horns on his helmet

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
Im drinking whiskey outta a mason jar shaped glass like an idiot hipster cause I won them both in a raffle and didn't feel like cleaning a new glass

lonesomedwarf
Mar 22, 2010

conan stands in front aof a giant circle holding his axe in the air. i guess he killed the demon and is celebrating i dont know

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

lonesomedwarf posted:

now theres a zingsaran princess or somethign and some naked girl who is her slave? this is going ina direction i didnt expect...

She's a nobleman's niece, but close enough. The little girl is like her adoptive daughter, the Zingaran lady is the only one who cares about her.

Also Picts are p. much Hollywood Native Americans.

lonesomedwarf
Mar 22, 2010

a guy with a bloody face is talking to the princes from before and they are at a table. the table has candles on it. theres another guy there too

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring

fan art

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020
Anyway there's no option for "Original Robert E. Howard stories"

Or "Goku"

Shame on you, OP

lonesomedwarf
Mar 22, 2010

some guy is whipping a prett. lady with a whip while another guy holds gher hands and makes so she doesnt escape i guess. it looks like theyre enjoying it too much. the woman is naked she has a nice butt but i dont really like the situation shes in but i cant help but notice she has one though. also theres some side boob. im a little conflicted as this is a problematic image but she doesnt look like she has a nice body

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020
Uuugh, I just looked up "Treasure of Tranicos" and it's a revision of "The Black Stranger" by L. Sprague de Camp

gently caress de Camp, read the original story

Masturbasturd
Sep 1, 2014

lonesomedwarf
Mar 22, 2010

Pththya-lyi posted:

She's a nobleman's niece, but close enough. The little girl is like her adoptive daughter, the Zingaran lady is the only one who cares about her.

Also Picts are p. much Hollywood Native Americans.

okay thanks man

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

lonesomedwarf posted:

some guy is whipping a prett. lady with a whip while another guy holds gher hands and makes so she doesnt escape i guess. it looks like theyre enjoying it too much. the woman is naked she has a nice butt but i dont really like the situation shes in but i cant help but notice she has one though. also theres some side boob. im a little conflicted as this is a problematic image but she doesnt look like she has a nice body

Ew, she's supposed to be a little girl, gross

lonesomedwarf
Mar 22, 2010

Pththya-lyi posted:

Ew, she's supposed to be a little girl, gross

oh nevermind what i said before

lonesomedwarf
Mar 22, 2010

im not going to comment on this next picture either after reading what i just did but after that theres a picture of conan holding an aweseom sword and loking totally cool

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring

more fan art

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020
Anyway the whipping scene is supposed to represent the cruelty of so-called "civilized" men. Conan is a scary dude, he'll gently caress you up if you're a grown-rear end man, but he would never beat up a little girl because he is a noble savage

lonesomedwarf
Mar 22, 2010

wow the next picture is of that princess and her little girl slave and theyre both naked a gain. im not going to read this anymore this is insanely problematic and not appropriate

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

lonesomedwarf posted:

wow the next picture is of that princess and her little girl slave and theyre both naked a gain. im not going to read this anymore this is insanely problematic and not appropriate

If you want your books to be unproblematic then you have no business reading 1930s pulp stories

Besides that little girl isn't supposed to be sexualized, she isn't described sexually in the original story.

lonesomedwarf
Mar 22, 2010

dude youre harshing my buzz

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020
My favorite Conan story is Red Nails, which is where Conan and the warrior woman Valeria get trapped in a city-sized building where two factions are in the final stages of a generations-long blood feud. It's p. metal

What's your favorite, OP?

lonesomedwarf
Mar 22, 2010

this is just as brutal as i imagined conan, a great job, im crashing hard so im gonna sleep

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Pththya-lyi posted:

My favorite Conan story is Red Nails, which is where Conan and the warrior woman Valeria get trapped in a city-sized building where two factions are in the final stages of a generations-long blood feud. It's p. metal

Yeah that story owns since the whole conflict doesn't have a good side and the whole bloodbath gets ended by a cranky ghost.

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020
Lots of people like "Beyond the Black River," where Conan helps the people of an Aquilonian outpost flee a Pictish incursion. It's based on the conflicts between Indians and settlers in the pioneer days of America, so it's basically a Western in a sword-and-sorcery universe.

lonesomedwarf
Mar 22, 2010

Pththya-lyi posted:

actually red nails is probably also my favourite for the exact reasons you said. but i guess uh if i had to choose another one it would be the god in the bowl or the tower of the elephant. i dont think they were rewritten by that de camp dude but i didnt know the treasures of tranicos was either.

lonesomedwarf
Mar 22, 2010

i like the ones where he comes across some kind of eldritch horror and its clear that the author is trying to channel lovecraft a bit. they were in correspondence for a while right, i guess they influenced each other a bit, or maybe it just went one way. either way its cool imo, imho

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Pththya-lyi posted:

Lots of people like "Beyond the Black River," where Conan helps the people of an Aquilonian outpost flee a Pictish incursion. It's based on the conflicts between Indians and settlers in the pioneer days of America, so it's basically a Western in a sword-and-sorcery universe.

It's also has the twist in which the Aquilonians get owned and basically have to give up colonizing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jukeboxblues
Jul 29, 2015

Grimey Drawer

Luvcow posted:

more fan art

This is great. :allears:

• Locked thread