Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ghosTTy
Sep 22, 2008

I've been watching chessbrah's stream on twitch (https://www.twitch.tv/chessbrah)

he's a pretty chill guy and I play counter-strike with him sometimes. It's clear he is :spergin: but he goes on dates and has a nice body, plus he's the highest rated player in Canada.

I haven't been getting enough respect for being pro level at computer games so I started playing chess and apparently you have to memorize thousands of scenarios and counter-plays to compete on the pro level.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cTeDkyQUbyY

Is it even worth trying if you have a normal mundane brain ?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tetsuo
May 12, 2001

I am a shaman, magician
to really go pro at chess these days you need to start super young and have a natrual gift for it. there are 10 year olds who are better now than you'll ever be if you're over 21 and just thinking of starting to pick it up

just play because you enjoy it.

also magnus isn't spectrum he's just Norwegian.

WILDTURKEY101
Mar 7, 2005

Look to your left. Look to your right. Only one of you is going to pass this course.
i've been playing regularly for about 4 or 5 years and I'm still absolutely terrible but who cares, it's fun and it feels good to win. you'll never be pro unless you have been playing since you were a toddler. you may as well pick up baseball and try to become pro.

Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

HTTP 400: Bad post
Don't try and go pro just play chess because it's a fun game

• Locked thread