Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
I am Reverend
Sep 21, 2008

Pheromosa's Special Attack rose!
I don't really like the idea of major balance changes when the game has barely been out to the public for a week. Kragg camping below the stage was really lame, though, and kinda needed to get taken out. The Zetterburn damage nerfs seem just a little excessive and I'd rather they had just nerfed the fireball but it's not like damage matters too much in this game. Being able to break Kragg's pillar as it's coming up sounds like it just destroyed the wrastor kragg matchup lmao.

I am Reverend fucked around with this message at 20:14 on Oct 1, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
I agree, but the game has been privately tested for a while now, it's entirely possible they had suspicions from those tests and the data compiled from online matches confirmed them. I did notice that I was regularly at a higher percentage than my opponents despite landing roughly as many combos and stray hits despite ostensibly being the slow bruiser character, and some of those tweaks imply they noticed the same. Still, I'm interested to see what happens with the new mechanic changes.

The_North
May 13, 2009

All of Them Witches
I basically only play Kragg, and he doesn't feel that gimped, although not too many people are taking advantage of the fact that you can hit the pillar while it's coming up.

In the games they do, I actually have to airdodge and mix up my recovery. It's like I'm playing any other character!

I still feel like Kragg's in a good place, but the dust will have to settle a bit before we know for sure.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Crosspost from reddit, I made some music packs if anyone wants to spice up their life

https://www.reddit.com/r/RivalsOfAether/comments/3n6npx/i_made_a_few_music_packs_sf2mvc_sonic_12_megaman/

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.
This game is pretty good

Gaffle
Aug 23, 2013

sWAg

New patch notes, if you want to play with these changes you opt into the beta build on steam

lol they keep buffing maypul

and i thought there was something up with her parry, it used to be 2 frames shorter than the other characters'. Now all the characters have the same parry except forsburn, who has an easier one.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Patch 0.0.8 out today, likely with nerfs to your favorite character. Also, it added the NessZelda Goat. Her hitboxes are insane and her ftilt goes the length of the stage. I'm not kidding.

Also my sparring partner took first place at Youmacon apparently, so good poo poo to him and his busted rear end character

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bT9ZcowA2AI

it is
Aug 19, 2011

by Smythe
LucasZelda
I tried her out; she seems to have great attacks but I need to play with her more.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

She's cool. Some original bits, and the ness/pikachu bits are the funnest parts of the respective characters. I like zapping her little cloud

Bodyholes
Jun 30, 2005

Every character is fun so far. I mained Falco/Falcon in Smash, and Wrastor's my wingman currently (heh) but I'm enjoying all of them. Each of them has a few things from a couple smash characters, and then a few new things. So they're close enough for me to pick them up and feel fairly comfortable, but different enough to make it interesting. The combos are very brutal. More like 64 than Melee. Your best defense is usually to attack. I consider this a good thing. The elements they've taken from Smash characters tend to be aggressive ones, not campy ones. Wrastor has many of Falco's and Metaknight's best offensive tools basically, and lacks Falco's campy laser and Metaknight's cape--the things about the characters that slowed down the game and forced opponents to play more defensively as well. Maypul similarly reminds me a lot of Shiek and Zero Suit Samus, but lacks the needles, chainthrows, stupid range. She is basically forced to approach and use her speed to inflict combos rather than to bait mistakes and camp. It's much more fun.

Supposedly the 8th will be ice-based. And I have heard rumors they want to have 4 more characters in the long term after release. So that's good.

I can't say enough good things about this game though. It's like someone read my mind about what I wished Smash were more like and then made that exact game.

Bodyholes fucked around with this message at 00:13 on Dec 9, 2015

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

8th dude is an ice polar bear + another heavy

Sales were also good enough that they'll make another set of elements for the 9-12th characters. (probably)

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

https://www.reddit.com/r/RivalsOfAether/comments/4aboq1/update_0130_cant_bear_the_wait_is_now_live/

ice bear owns. crazy fun air kit, bowser's down b and ganondorf warlock punch with some insane zoning side b special

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DMxNrkzPat0

lots of balance changes, cool motif for two new maps including a warioware stage with special laws(!)

Minera fucked around with this message at 08:49 on Mar 14, 2016

Pyswagoras
Oct 4, 2013

Minrad posted:

https://www.reddit.com/r/RivalsOfAether/comments/4aboq1/update_0130_cant_bear_the_wait_is_now_live/

ice bear owns. crazy fun air kit, bowser's down b and ganondorf warlock punch with some insane zoning side b special

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DMxNrkzPat0

lots of balance changes, cool motif for two new maps including a warioware stage with special laws(!)

His fair is also a bit like DK's giant punch.

it is
Aug 19, 2011

by Smythe
Ice bear looks fun, kinda hard to find unadulterated Etalus matches though.

I need to start playing this again. Someone add me, my ID is either VioletBroregarde or HaosimanMaxiu (and there may be spaces before the capital letters but I think it's just VIoletBroregarde)

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Are you in the states,and if so, east or west

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Does the bear have armor on his warlock punch? I tried to test it last night but the cpu just rolled any time I used the move

it is
Aug 19, 2011

by Smythe

Countblanc posted:

Are you in the states,and if so, east or west

I'm in Austin, is that east or west?

Also I should probably have waited until I got back home since I just got to work like 2 hours ago.

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

I want to play this tonight.

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

I played it. The bear is good.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
I'll play later once I'm home from work

Pyswagoras
Oct 4, 2013

Countblanc posted:

Does the bear have armor on his warlock punch? I tried to test it last night but the cpu just rolled any time I used the move

I've read that it does have armor, but haven't observed it myself.

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

It looks like if you do the warlock punch while standing on ice, you break the ice and get ice armour which protects you from the next hit and explodes when you next do a smash attack.

TGG
Aug 8, 2003

"I Dare."
Yeah the almost on demand super armor is loving insane. I'm a crappy kragg player and the damned polar bear is one hell of a difficult fight. Tons of fun to play though!

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
ok I want to play now, add me on steam

http://steamcommunity.com/id/countblanc/

The Whole Internet
May 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
the music on tower of heaven owns

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
I updated the OP with Etalus and the most recent patch notes. If I missed anything that looks out of date please tell me.

Game is also on sale this week to celebrate the launch of 0.14, which has ranked matchmaking and a lot of online play improvements. Also a really good tutorial.

Countblanc fucked around with this message at 20:13 on May 25, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Game is now out on Xbox Live

Patch .15 preview is up (out on PC tomorrow)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ncVhtgLvg0

e: lots of balance changes, also changes to make the game feel faster and bring back some old jank (in a good way). you can also make your own color palates now!

Countblanc fucked around with this message at 23:05 on Aug 4, 2016

• Locked thread