Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

City of Tampa posted:

i tried to play goldeneye a couple years ago and it was loving terrible

yeah. just remember how it felt when you were young and had no real worries and could spend afternoons playing golden gun with your friends.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost
the only good way to play Goldeneye was with golden gun.

naem
May 29, 2011

My dad is playing Diablo 2 in heaven

You can tell it's heaven because there are like infinite expansion packs and really great loot

Idiot Kicker
Jun 13, 2007
Back when the game was pretty new, we challenged our uncle to play and he loving destroyed all of us.
I can't play it well anymore because I keep reaching for the second control stick that doesn't exist

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it
From the time it came out until just before he died a few years ago, every time we had all the family at the house it ended with us in the basement because he had 2 tvs and 2 PS1s down there so we could hook the PS1s together and play multiplayer DOOM. Even when he had an Xbox 360 and a PS3, he still never stopped loving original PlayStation Doom.

We all had grown tired of it, but who says no to their dad?

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

gently caress da Mods posted:

i used to rock my dad all the time at 007Ge

Somehow I doubt that.

Idiot Kicker
Jun 13, 2007
Oh I remember also trying to teach my grandpa how to play Duck Hunt. He was... not good

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it

Idiot Kicker posted:

Oh I remember also trying to teach my grandpa how to play Duck Hunt. He was... not good

When we were young we would go to grandma's house and bring our Atari and later Nintendo to play there and she always got flustered because she couldn't understand why we needed to hook it to the TV. She thought we should be able to play with it on it's own.

TwoFire
Sep 11, 2001

by Ralp

Idiot Kicker posted:

if he was less senile he'd have learned that pointing it at white poo poo would have made it work better

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
my father is dead. i cant father children.

Idiot Kicker
Jun 13, 2007

criscodisco posted:

When we were young we would go to grandma's house and bring our Atari and later Nintendo to play there and she always got flustered because she couldn't understand why we needed to hook it to the TV. She thought we should be able to play with it on it's own.

Holy poo poo haha, okay, my grandpa at least got that concept

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

criscodisco posted:

your grandma was real loving stupid

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

Orkin Mang posted:

way to be a downer.

TwoFire
Sep 11, 2001

by Ralp

Orkin Mang posted:

its ok i'll still gently caress you from behind like he did

you dont need to give me children just scream like you did when he hurt you

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Al Borland posted:

way to be a downer.

seriously, ouch

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012

Polish posted:

I just realized my dad would always have me do any grinding in final fantasy or dragon warriors for him.. son of a bitch!

owned

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

Ok this thread is hitting a little to close to home

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE posted:

Ok this thread is hitting a little to close to home

is ur father dead? mine is. my balls run dry.

Jim Flatline
Sep 23, 2015

City of Tampa posted:

i tried to play goldeneye a couple years ago and it was loving terrible

Goldeneye Source m8. It's goldeneye, all the weapons, maps etc. Except its in the source engine so you can WASD+Mouse it. It's really good.

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

Jim Flatline posted:

Goldeneye Source m8. It's goldeneye, all the weapons, maps etc. Except its in the source engine so you can WASD+Mouse it. It's really good.
Is their a kneeling animation? because if there is i ain't interested

Nefarious
Sep 26, 2000

by XyloJW
how come after the snes nintendo decided every controller they made had to be unusable garbage

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Nefarious posted:

how come after the snes nintendo decided every controller they made had to be unusable garbage

the n64 controler was cool if u had 1 v. deep vagina and 2 shalow vaignas

TacticalUrbanHomo
Aug 17, 2011

by Lowtax

Nefarious posted:

wii u gamepad and controllers are good

gamecube controller was, imo, the best of its generation. more ergonomic than the ps2 controller unless you had really tiny hands or something. and lol the original xbox controller, just lol.

Nefarious
Sep 26, 2000

by XyloJW
lmao at the gamecube's sgiant "WIN GAME" button right in the middle of the controller

SOME PIG
Aug 12, 2004

Hittin' Switches,
Twistin' wigs with
Phat Radical Mathematical type Scriptures
My dad would yell at me to quit playing the computer or playstation so much. Then I moved out, but couldn't afford game consoles or gaming rigs anymore. Owned, is basically what I'm saying here.

Sharks Eat Bear
Dec 25, 2004

mom plays perfect dark

Howard Beale
Feb 22, 2001

It's like this, Peanut
THEY'RE NOT TAPES, DAD, THEY'RE CARTRIDGES
AND I'LL PICK EM UP WHEN I FEEL LIKE IT

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

still more lifelike than anything made by bethesda

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Nefarious posted:

lol, just loving lol if you don't like the gamecube controller. i'm sorry you have giant apeman hands.

Jim Flatline
Sep 23, 2015
Just resting your thumb on that nice big green A button is confortable as hell.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost
Golden gun option was the only way to play.

EngineerSean
Feb 9, 2004

by zen death robot

Nefarious posted:

agreed

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

so sad you guys didn't have three hands

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe
drat this op cuts me deep

no lie

ps gently caress you klobb