Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Lord_Hambrose posted:

I liked it over all, but sometimes I feel like Keith is just railing against following a cool narrative that has set up to just do some random thing that just disrupts or deflates other stuff people are trying to do.

I'm biased because he's probably my favorite player, but I thought he really toned Fero's disruptiveness down a lot in spring compared to winter at least. Like yeah he had a fit early on when they were deciding who lives and who dies, but he didn't stop participating, he just moved away from the community a bit. The only time I feel like he really turned the group around was when he went to the archives to get the bird, but given that the rest of the trip was just them going to watch stuff happen without changing anything (really looking forward to the post mortem to see if they address that/if Austin had stuff planned that they didn't engage with, or if that was just a GMing misfire), I don't feel like it really disrupted anything. I think my biggest note for him for the season would be that he seemed overly blase about it when Samol showed up to say he was dying, but if emotionlessly plodding through major plot points was a crime, a big chunk of the cast would be in jail.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Lord_Hambrose posted:

I liked it over all, but sometimes I feel like Keith is just railing against following a cool narrative that has set up to just do some random thing that just disrupts or deflates other stuff people are trying to do.

Same, I liked it overall but it was very long and slow and I did not love every piece of it. At some point when it was new the Road to Partizan had started and I just started listening to that instead and didn't end up finishing the second spring until almost Christmas. But I do think about the closing monologue a lot, among my favorite things Austin has done.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
I enjoyed the Counterweight Prequel interlude a lot. It's very silly but there were a lot of parts of CW that were silly too. There's several good NPCs. Plus, if you like the character Aria Joy this is a must listen, and I thought her stuff at the end was sweet.

I'll put some other talk about the end in spoils although I'm being vague: Something Austin said in the first episode tipped me off to it being a certain character's origin story, then he says in one of the middle episodes "it's not this origin story" but in the end it was loving that character's origin story. I don't usually catch things like that on a live listen/watch so I'm proud of myself.

Inkspot posted:

Finally finished the game and post-game conversation the other day and it is maybe the most fun I've had watching and/or listening to someone else play a TTRPG. It has a ton of goofs and a ton of pathos and the whole thing is wrapped up in ~15 hours. Absolute must listen.

All right I've added the first episode to a playlist that I will hopefully listen to within the next six months. I loved Die, the comic.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Well I finished Second Spring and I do feel like the back half in general was a lot better than the front half. It's so funny to me that they turned a good card that let them finish a project early into a false flag operation that ultimately tore the community apart. It wasn't the ending I expected, or necessarily the one I wanted Benjamin arguably being the pivotal character in both the main finale and this one was probably a bit much for 19-ish year old NPC, right?, but it was so ridiculous that I couldn't help being entertained. I guess I'll jump into the Counterweight prequels next, and then go back to being indecisive about listening to Twilight Mirage.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

I listened to the Counterweight prequels, and it was fun to hear the original cast (minus Nick) back together again. I think they're my favorite group overall, which made listening to these episodes fun, even if it felt a bit tacked on and self indulgent, with the big climactic reveal and epilogue being something that I guess will be relevant if I ever make it to Palisade? On the plus side, I think they probably really were better at playing Technoir than they were the first time, but I still don't think I care much for the system itself. Still, overall a fun listen.

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine
:smug:

It's probably a bit too niche but whatever, the movie is earning buckets of money and pretty much the entire game line is up on Humble Bundle this week: anyone know of any decent Dune: Adventures in the Imperium AP's?

I randomly searched Youtube for one and turned it off after the first player mentioned that they had never heard of Dune before the day they filmed their session, so... yeah. That might be on me though.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Drone posted:

It's probably a bit too niche but whatever, the movie is earning buckets of money and pretty much the entire game line is up on Humble Bundle this week: anyone know of any decent Dune: Adventures in the Imperium AP's?

I randomly searched Youtube for one and turned it off after the first player mentioned that they had never heard of Dune before the day they filmed their session, so... yeah. That might be on me though.

This is the only one that pops off after a search: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ptOQ8MoRVJI I don't know if it's any good but you know, check it out.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

Dawgstar posted:

This is the only one that pops off after a search: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ptOQ8MoRVJI I don't know if it's any good but you know, check it out.

I really enjoyed it

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine
:smug:

Neato, I'm watching it now and it seems pretty much what I was looking for!

Cithen
Mar 6, 2002

Pillbug

Dawgstar posted:

Wow, Robin Williams came back from the dead to do a 'Dune' actual play podcast, wild.

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006
Someone has taken the time to compile a list of 100+ Actual Plays with descriptions:

https://www.reddit.com/r/rpg/comments/1bk86xh/i_curated_a_list_of_100_actual_play_rpg_podcasts/

Should last the truckers among us at least a week or two.

Ominous Jazz
Jun 15, 2011

Big D is chillin' over here
Wasteland style
list doesn't have neo-scum, bad list :colbert:

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Solving all of life's problems through enhanced casting of Occam's Razor. Reward yourself with an imaginary chalice.

Honestly it doesn't even have RPPR which feels weird. Are my biases showing? Yes. But they've been running since the late 2000s and that feels like an oversight.

also there are a depressing amount of people playing PF1e for podcast purposes.

SithDrummer
Jun 8, 2005
Hi Rocky!
I imagine most of those were already deep into a campaign and didn't want to change systems midstream.

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006

Ominous Jazz posted:

list doesn't have neo-scum, bad list :colbert:

You can message them with more podcasts to add to to their database on Twitter:

https://twitter.com/goosidore/status/1770901593380000078

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug
Brain automatically filling in "I'm Austin Walker" after the FaaT one.

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Solving all of life's problems through enhanced casting of Occam's Razor. Reward yourself with an imaginary chalice.

SithDrummer posted:

I imagine most of those were already deep into a campaign and didn't want to change systems midstream.
:colbert: No excuses. If it dies it dies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.

Hostile V posted:

Honestly it doesn't even have RPPR which feels weird. Are my biases showing? Yes. But they've been running since the late 2000s and that feels like an oversight.

also there are a depressing amount of people playing PF1e for podcast purposes.

It’s wild to think that those are just active ones. I know I had an online series that ended because of editing taking too long.