Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
cram me sideways
Apr 26, 2015
i liked m83 when i discovered them about 12 years ago or so but no more

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the great deceiver
Sep 23, 2003

why the feds worried bout me clockin on this corner/
when there's politicians out here gettin popped in arizona
M83 is good and all but Oblivion sucked dick even if they did do the soundtrack

bennyfactor
Nov 21, 2008
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=433-nmcWw8E

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

cram me sideways posted:

that's sad because they are still really good

Ormi
Feb 7, 2005

B-E-H-A-V-E
Arrest us!
they're alright, op.

ANIME IS BLOOD posted:

that said you forgot something very important:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eC1J-HNXh3E

thank you night watch trailer

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

cram me sideways posted:

Pretty much same here. I did go to a gig when he released Hurry Up and it was fantastic though...

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
lame hipster millennial band #3428

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

Ormi posted:

thank you night watch trailer

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

a bone to pick posted:

how convenient because now I've got a bone to pick with you

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

You're quite good at turning me on.

Hurry up we're dreaming is the album M83 sold out on, hth op

tetsuo
May 12, 2001

I am a shaman, magician
they're okay i don't know about best best music ever

ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006

EvilJoven posted:

Agreed M83 owns I have a poo poo ton of it on my phone.

Only thing is a few songs contain the adenine prattling of your typical 'profound' 17 year old girl and for the life of me I can't tell if they put that in to pander to that audience or if they're trying to induce some sort of embarrassing nostalgia by reminding people how dumb their 'profound thoughts' were when they were younger.

I remember reading that be said he wanted a lot of his music to evoke an adolescent nostalgia type of feel. Graveyard Girl for instance is a song about some chick he went to high school with who was all gothy.

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot
also roflburger what is goin on with your av

it was a portrait of a goofy lookin white guy for a while, then it changed to a gif alternating that with the portrait of the black guy, then it was just the black guy, and now it's the black guy with a subliminal flash of goatse

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

a bone to pick posted:

cram me sideways
Apr 26, 2015
i remember putting Sitting on my oldass Creative MP3 player and blowing my young cousin's mind he was all OH MY GOD IT SOUNDS LIKE THE BEST VIDEOGAME EVER and i was ha ha, yep; i'm your cool older cousin and i'm showing you awesome poo poo you'd never think to look for yourself

then the internet went mega bigtime and now even the most obscure poo poo is a google search and a bittorrent away

scarcity has been obliterated and with it a lot of the fun of collecting poo poo

i have several bulging dvd folders full of burned foreign movies and weird anime and now it's all on youtube. you can just youtube this poo poo. why do i keep any of this around.

i guess i'm hoping for the full and utter collapse of infrastructure so i can be like a post apocalyptic bookmobile but with gay anime and frenchy beep boop music instead

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

cram me sideways posted:

i remember putting Sitting on my oldass Creative MP3 player and blowing my young cousin's mind he was all OH MY GOD IT SOUNDS LIKE THE BEST VIDEOGAME EVER and i was ha ha, yep; i'm your cool older cousin and i'm showing you awesome poo poo you'd never think to look for yourself

then the internet went mega bigtime and now even the most obscure poo poo is a google search and a bittorrent away

scarcity has been obliterated and with it a lot of the fun of collecting poo poo

i have several bulging dvd folders full of burned foreign movies and weird anime and now it's all on youtube. you can just youtube this poo poo. why do i keep any of this around.

i guess i'm hoping for the full and utter collapse of infrastructure so i can be like a post apocalyptic bookmobile but with gay anime and frenchy beep boop music instead

Did he jerk you off?

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring

Sheep-Goats posted:

Did he jerk you off?

I thought that was implied

rocket_man38
Jan 23, 2006

My life is a barrel o' fun!!
Oblivion.. just listen to the soundtrack and make up your own story. M83 tried to save that turd though.

ghlbtsk
Apr 19, 2005

these bath mats
are
GORGEOUS

Cacator posted:

Hurry up we're dreaming is the album M83 sold out on, hth op

It all started when he decided to put his secret weapon (the American chick singer) on the back burner and sing whine everything himself.
Music's still great, although the one about the children planning the World Frog Invasion gets a little annoying.

china bot
Sep 7, 2014

you listen HERE pal
SAY GOODBYE TO TELEPHONE SEX
Plaster Town Cop
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jL1p3KmWUIY

FuriousGeorge
Jan 23, 2006

Ah, the simple joys of a monkey knife-fight.
Grimey Drawer
They make good running/driving at night music.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=azNlYul2IoY

ghlbtsk
Apr 19, 2005

these bath mats
are
GORGEOUS

FuriousGeorge posted:

They make good running/driving at night music.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=azNlYul2IoY

This right here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006

ghlbtsk posted:

It all started when he decided to put his secret weapon (the American chick singer) on the back burner and sing whine everything himself.
Music's still great, although the one about the children planning the World Frog Invasion gets a little annoying.

That chick is in Intro on the Hurry Up album and she does a really good job

• Locked thread