Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mikemil828
May 15, 2008

A man who has said too much

BeefThief posted:

real talk I got my brother a soda stream for Christmas one year and everything he made except the rebull tasted like diet pop plus hfcs so I think he threw it out which is fine with me

Just to FYI that you can buy what is called bag in boxes of most of the major soda brands, Coke, Pepsi, Dr. Pepper, etc., and use that with the sodasteam, just carbonate a bottle as usual, pour in 5 oz of syrup and combine and you literally have the exact same thing you get from a soda fountain.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

He was warrior and mystic, ogre and saint, the fox and the innocent, chivalrous, ruthless, less than a god, more than a man.
i drank a good soda today, its called mountain dew code red, it tasted pretty good i think and was a satisfying way to wash down my lamb over rice with tzatziki sauce. a good lunch, with a good beverage :) can keurig make mountain dew code red?

Bleusilences
Jun 23, 2004

Be careful for what you wish for.

People are loving tool; except if you a bored millionaire, you could do worst then spending 370 on a stupid machine.

edit: gently caress if you a millionaire why not buy an actual soda pop machine with the C02 and the syrup and all that jazz.

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

He was warrior and mystic, ogre and saint, the fox and the innocent, chivalrous, ruthless, less than a god, more than a man.

Bleusilences posted:

People are loving tool; except if you a bored millionaire, you could do worst then spending 370 on a stupid machine.

edit: gently caress if you a millionaire why not buy an actual soda pop machine with the C02 and the syrup and all that jazz.

id buy one of those cool freestyle machines with the touchscreen and all the options to make any flavor combination soda monstrosity ever, and i'd pay the siri lady's creators to make it voice activated and then i'd have a star trekking replicator basically where i'd go "computer - coke, cherry vanilla, 1/3 ice" and it'd make it for me like technomagick.

and anyone who wouldn't do this if they were a richie rich is either dumb or a liar

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

"computer - create a soda capable of defeating diabetes"

ChairmanMeow
Mar 1, 2008

Fire up the grill everyone eats tonight!
Lipstick Apathy
Guys I think this product is more for people who DO NOT drink a lot of soda. I think it will be purchased by like a fancy plastic surgeons office so they can offer an assortment of cold sodas in the waiting room without having like 12 packs and a mini fridge. Or an upper scale lady who wants to be able to offer guests a variety of beverages without having to keep them all on hand, when they might also go bad from dissuse. Most places one waits have kurigs now so you can have any coffee you want, this is just an extension of that.
*maybe

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

symbolic posted:

get a sodastream for $50 and have weeks worth of knockoff coke and red bull

Sodastream is expensive and not good and the company is really awful, also their commercials suck

just get a carbonator instead of plastic yuppie magnets

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

Can keurig make a soda so xxxtreme even Shaun white could not endorse it

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

Neurolimal posted:

Sodastream is expensive and not good and the company is really awful, also their commercials suck

just get a carbonator instead of plastic yuppie magnets

plus i heard they kill children :smith:

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

ChairmanMeow posted:

Guys I think this product is more for people who DO NOT drink a lot of soda. I think it will be purchased by like a fancy plastic surgeons office so they can offer an assortment of cold sodas in the waiting room without having like 12 packs and a mini fridge. Or an upper scale lady who wants to be able to offer guests a variety of beverages without having to keep them all on hand, when they might also go bad from dissuse. Most places one waits have kurigs now so you can have any coffee you want, this is just an extension of that.
*maybe

which is a nice thought except for the fact that lazy loving assholes also buy them for their home

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Gatekeeper posted:

i drank a good soda today, its called mountain dew code red, it tasted pretty good i think and was a satisfying way to wash down my lamb over rice with tzatziki sauce. a good lunch, with a good beverage :) can keurig make mountain dew code red?
code red and white-out are alpha mountain dews

• Locked thread