Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
Problem description: I have a CyberPowerPC laptop with an integrated camera. The webcam worked about ~3 weeks ago. Haven't used it since. I have a skype meeting on the 1st, I installed skype and then when trying to set up the webcam, noticed it wasn't working. In the device manager, the former "imaging device" section is straight up missing. Trying to start the camera app displays the following error:

"Something went wrong

Make sure your camera is connected and not being used by another app"

Attempted fixes: Support forums, youtube, and google recommend going through the device manager USB category and seeing if any of the components have a yellow caution/yield sign. I do not have any entries with yellow caution/yield signs. I went through the devices in that section and checked to see if any of them need new drivers, but they were all up to date.

Recent changes: Installed skype. Also, under webcam privacy settings I had turned off "allow apps to use" after I played with the camera ~3 weeks ago.

--

Operating system: Windows 10 Home, 64

System specs:
Model #: Fangbook HX6-146
CyberPowerPC FANG Pro
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4710MQ CPU @ 2.50GHz, 2501 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s)
BIOS Version/Date American Megatrends Inc. 1.04, 11/6/2014
SMBIOS Version 2.8
Embedded Controller Version 1.07
BIOS Mode UEFI
BaseBoard Manufacturer CyberpowerPC
Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 16.0 GB
Total Physical Memory 15.9 GB
Available Physical Memory 13.9 GB
Total Virtual Memory 18.3 GB
Available Virtual Memory 16.3 GB
Page File Space 2.38 GB
Name NVIDIA GeForce GTX 860M

I have Googled and read the FAQ: Yes, solutions involving going into device manager to find the missing component in the USB section failed.

Edit: Trying a bios reset...
Edit 2: Nope BIOS didn't work...
Edit 3: Resolved.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT fucked around with this message at 02:26 on Sep 30, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread