Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Alhazred posted:

Then again the original cut of Fellowship of the Ring is the perfect fantasy movie.

Conan the Barbarian.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Davros1 posted:

Conan the Barbarian.

*snorts derisively*

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Conan would have destroyed Sauron in under five minutes then spent the rest of the movie getting laid, unlike those lame rear end hobbits they got.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

*pushing up glasses* Ahem, I'll have you know that Sword and Sorcery and High Fantasy are separate genres. Furthermore, Conan's unwillingness to trust in magic of all sorts would leave him wholly unprepared to deal with enemies such as Saruman or Sauron.

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

Conan owns

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Lurdiak posted:

*pushing up glasses* Ahem, I'll have you know that Sword and Sorcery and High Fantasy are separate genres. Furthermore, Conan's unwillingness to trust in magic of all sorts would leave him wholly unprepared to deal with enemies such as Saruman or Sauron.

Thulsa Doom > Saruman

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Real Talk I'm a much bigger Conan nerd than I am a LOTR nerd, but I think the Conan movies are not on the LOTR movies' level, despite being great and timeless. They also make some weird changes to Conan himself (and I don't mean his hair color being wrong or w/e).

Grace Jones is amazing in Conan the Destroyer.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

Witchfinder General

Kind of wonder with the popularity of Fantasy movies and studios looking for a "trilogy" or whatever we haven't gotten a Fafhrd and the Gray Mouser movie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

e: wrong thread

• Locked thread