Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
What's that about?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

I mean sheesh, you bought it, so why not enjoy it?

hello internet
Sep 13, 2004

Autism and/or entitled brats

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
Because they have nothing else to do.

breadshaped
Apr 1, 2010

Soiled Meat
Sometimes I feel like I'm not getting my money's worth. Then I remember I'm worthless and I deserve everything negative in my life.

Terrorist Fistbump
Jan 29, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
All games are bad, even the good ones.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
I don't, games are good

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

gamers are poo poo

StoryTime
Feb 26, 2010

Now listen to me children and I'll tell you of the legend of the Ninja
I want games to be better.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

hello internet posted:

Autism and/or entitled brats

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

unemployment

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I don't know OP

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Terrorist Fistbump posted:

All games are bad, even the good ones.

No offense but I definitely dont envy your mindset. :P

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Games are really good, but sometimes they can be better, and they complain about that, I think. I do too. I want all games to be better, because games are good.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Bedshaped posted:

Sometimes I feel like I'm not getting my money's worth. Then I remember I'm worthless and I deserve everything negative in my life.

U tried prozac?

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Games complaining: its like two lovers arguing, before having angry sex

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

donald

trump

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Don't have sex with a video game, though

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

I.N.R.I posted:

U tried prozac?
prozac usually makes that worse

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Control Volume posted:

Don't have sex with a video game, though

You don't want to gently caress Quiet? not even Bayonetta ?

Lacedaemonius
Jan 18, 2015

Rub a dub dub
you lost me at "gamers"

A Nice Big Dinner
Feb 17, 2006

playing a game automatically makes you intellectually superior in a way that is equal to or greater than the developers that made the game, thus coming into a full and complete knowledge of all game developement practices and difficulties that accompanied the game you are playing

literally a fact

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

I only complain about the games others are playing because i'm a cool tastemaker and they should appreciate my well informed opinions.

Black Wombat
Nov 25, 2007

Every puzzle
has an answer.
I sometimes do it in hopes of helping others learn from my mistakes, the most common mistake being giving money to developers of bad games.

But once I have, the ol' sunk-cost fallacy sinks in and I gotta at least TRY to play it.

OMG JC a Bomb!
Jul 13, 2004

We are the Invisible Spatula. We are the Grilluminati. We eat before and after dinner. We eat forever. And eventually... eventually we will lead them into the dining room.
So people will donate to my Patreon account and universities will offer me speaking fees.

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010
it's because their entitled millenials, op

Terrorist Fistbump
Jan 29, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

I.N.R.I posted:

No offense but I definitely dont envy your mindset. :P

This isn't a mere "mindset". I have hundreds of terabytes of scientific data supporting this conclusion.

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
games are tools for educating a person on how to perform a specific type of task. if a person takes on a task they have no talent for, they are likely to be met with resistance, leading to unsatisfactory results and thus negative reinforcement

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Idk but maybe gamers, like people, can find things they dislike about the things they do like and discuss it with people that like the same thing as themselves.

Not certain though, as a robot i hate everything.

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
they're also unhealthy as poo poo and different types of negative reinforcement stack

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Salacious Spy
May 29, 2010

Well the word got around they said this kid is insane, man
Banged in the mouth and now he's got AIDS, man

Control Volume posted:

Games are really good, but sometimes they can be better, and they complain about that, I think. I do too. I want all games to be better, because games are good.

• Locked thread