Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
tetsuo
May 12, 2001

I am a shaman, magician
You can build your own little death simulator at home:

1. Put a pillow and maybe some blankets or towels on the bathroom floor to cushion your fall later.

2. Draw a very hot bath.

3. Relax and soak for a very long time. 20 minutes minimum. Raise the 'ol body temperature.

4. Hop out quickly and remain standing. With any luck the prolonged heat will have caused a vagal episode and the change in body position will cause orthostatic hypotension. This should be enough to trigger fainting.

5. As your vision starts to grey, crumple to the floor, and try and aim for the pillow in step 1.

6. Lose consciousness/ Black out

7. Wake up naked after your body 'resets' with that weird buzzing/ringing in your ears and feeling of nausea.

Congrats! That's what dying is like except leave out part 7. Didn't feel like anything did it? Didn't hurt or anything. Nothing to be afraid of. What you can't experience can't hurt you.

I do this quite often; i imagine the circulatory and/or cns damage at this point has taken a decade or two off the old lifespan.

Falling asleep is similar but without the mortal panic and terror of steps 4 and 5. The first few times it was absolutely terrifying.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

Drink Cheerwine posted:

we are one of the last mortal generations

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
years feel like weeks but days feel like months

GastonEatTheEggs
Nov 7, 2012

later generations: "thank god millennials died off and we get to live forever"

other person in later generation: "god isn't real"

LargeHadron
May 19, 2009

They say, "you mean it's just sounds?" thinking that for something to just be a sound is to be useless, whereas I love sounds just as they are, and I have no need for them to be anything more than what they are.

Planarch posted:

later generations: "thank god millennials died off and we get to live forever"

other person in later generation: "kion vi diris?"

FTFY

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum
I don't last very long banging microwaves mom but I will now blame that on her getting older ty op

• Locked thread