Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Constant Hamprince
Oct 24, 2010

by exmarx
College Slice
the only engineering calculator i can think of is matlab

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

I wish they'd, like, triple the pixel density/resolution of a TI calculator. gameboys looked better

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

WHAT A GOOD DOG posted:

I wish they'd, like, triple the pixel density/resolution of a TI calculator. gameboys looked better

new plan: hack a gameboy cart, put a ti-86 rom on it

Kind Friend
Sep 9, 2013

wikipedia posted:

As these were officially HP products rather than Apple products, Apple Store Genius Bars were not authorized to repair Apple iPod+HP iPods, and they had to be sent to an HP Authorized Service Center for repair, despite identical designs.[5]

ahahahahaha

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?

Smythe posted:

tactile button..................................................

are overrated for things where youre looking at the thing as you use it

videogame controllers need physical buttons. calculators dont

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

poty posted:

are overrated for things where youre looking at the thing as you use it

videogame controllers need physical buttons. calculators dont

cell phone calculators suxor. slow to input.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
u ever see a old bookkeeper or accountant blast out calculations? blam! blauw!! kablooey!!

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
*limp dick clueless millennial slowly tracks his gaze between his work, then the cell phone screen, then back. slowly and carefully inputting each digit on the flat glass rectangle*

*seasoned elderly bookeper, skin course and strong from a lifetime of shoveling coal and opening strong jars of winter preserve nimbly flys across a tactile calculator. his piercing green eyes glancing from the double-perf work for a fraction of a second to read the calculation from the whizzing ticker tape*

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
printing as they type cause no mistakes allowed

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
SLAM SLAM SLAM the room echoes with thunderous carriage returns

Doc Block
Apr 15, 2003
Fun Shoe

Origin posted:

i'm sure after the deal was inked stebe called woz and told him he just asparagus pissed all over the ghoul that claims it is hp.

lol without steve, woz would've kept on working at HP right up until he got shitcanned in one of carly fiorina's mass layoffs.

so LOL that woz gets more and more bitter about steve and apple as time goes on.

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

Smythe posted:

SLAM SLAM SLAM the room echoes with thunderous carriage returns

so, show me how long does it take to calculate the price of a hinge

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

poty posted:

its the best product hp has sold in the last 20 years
every hp laptop ive encountered irl has been a steaming pile of poo poo with a floppy lid hinge, creaking grimy plastic body and fans that run at full tilt 100% of the time

Tanith
Jul 17, 2005

Alpha, Beta, Gamma cores
Use them, lose them, salvage more
Kick off the next AI war
In the Persean Sector

THC posted:

every hp laptop ive encountered irl has been a steaming pile of poo poo with a floppy lid hinge, creaking grimy plastic body and fans that run at full tilt 100% of the time

Space-Pope
Aug 13, 2003

by zen death robot
you forgot the paint on the touchpad having long since rubbed off

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Doc Block posted:

lol without steve, woz would've kept on working at HP right up until he got shitcanned in one of carly fiorina's mass layoffs.

so LOL that woz gets more and more bitter about steve and apple as time goes on.

nah

he'd be at agilent keysight

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

Smythe posted:

SLAM SLAM SLAM the room echoes with thunderous carriage returns/line feeds

ftfy

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

Smythe posted:

*limp dick clueless millennial slowly tracks his gaze between his work, then the cell phone screen, then back. slowly and carefully inputting each digit on the flat glass rectangle*

*seasoned elderly bookeper, skin course and strong from a lifetime of shoveling coal and opening strong jars of winter preserve nimbly flys across a tactile calculator. his piercing green eyes glancing from the double-perf work for a fraction of a second to read the calculation from the whizzing ticker tape*

like a Kelly cartoon turned into a short story

Elder Postsman
Aug 30, 2000

i used hot bot to search for "teens"

poty posted:

they sold the hp48gx until 2003

Elder Postsman
Aug 30, 2000

i used hot bot to search for "teens"

poty posted:

i could probably say forever and be accurate but i dont want to argue with the mouthbreating morons who think hp makes better engineering calculators than texas instruments

lmao it's me

Space-Pope
Aug 13, 2003

by zen death robot
you can tell how much of a greybeard an engineer is by their preferred brand of calculator

also if they have opinions regarding motorola

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮

THC posted:

my Macbook is no better at this point

SYSV Fanfic
Sep 9, 2003

by Pragmatica
For TIs being engineering calculators they sure as gently caress didn't let me use them during a single engineering class.

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

SYSV Fanfic posted:

For TIs being engineering calculators they sure as gently caress didn't let me use them during a single engineering class.

I used one in every engineering class. maybe check the fine print on your diploma to make sure it isn't accredited by the united brotherhood of clowns

url
Apr 23, 2007

internet gnuru

poty posted:

Superdomes are pretty respectable tbh

v0v

Silly HP ad from ages ago (great disclaimer)

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Gnjb1WVkhmU

url fucked around with this message at 13:59 on Oct 4, 2015

KidVanguard
Jan 27, 2006

American Diaper
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DlU4HTefxmc

SYSV Fanfic
Sep 9, 2003

by Pragmatica

The Management posted:

I used one in every engineering class. maybe check the fine print on your diploma to make sure it isn't accredited by the united brotherhood of clowns

ABET BITHC

SYSV Fanfic
Sep 9, 2003

by Pragmatica

The Management posted:

But seriously, they didn't want poo poo posters like you to squeak through.

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

SYSV Fanfic posted:

But seriously, they didn't want poo poo posters like you to squeak through.

:negative:

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Smythe posted:

lol

when first discovering mechanical baords I tried to find a calculator with them but no avail

doesn't have to be fancy. just simple calc

only one Japanese one and it's fail apparently

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Silver Alicorn posted:

my Macbook is no better at this point

you macbook is like 7 years old fam

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

rip steve 4 yrs ago

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Clockwerk posted:

somehow the only dead person in this story still manages to get the last laugh

Her Professional Business and Political careers are dead though.

• Locked thread