Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Seamonster
Apr 30, 2007

IMMER SIEGREICH
should finally put out all the fires general sherman started

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FlimFlam Imam
Mar 1, 2007

Standing on a hill in my mountain of dreams
Sorry but I'm gonna have to ask dad gay.so what to go ahead and ask you to leave.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

willy sherman was a cool guy and i hope to be like him some day

Crash_N_Burn
Apr 19, 2014

It'll probably take a cleft and hit Florida instead

Tuxedo Gin
May 21, 2003

Classy.

sherman did nothing wrong, and, in fact, we could all learn a thing or two from him re: burning the south to the ground.

Enfield
May 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
yeah im battering down the hatches for the storm 8f the century that will certainly knock over a few lawn chairs

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

governor of virginia declared a state of emergency. i look forward to richmond learning yet again that our fancy floodwalls aren't good enough when shockoe bottom floods and all the crack heads, prostitutes, and drunken fratboys are driven to higher ground

Seamonster
Apr 30, 2007

IMMER SIEGREICH
i'm in VA too. you guys make p good beer btw.

Enfield
May 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Seamonster posted:

legend bbrewrey is the bees knees

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

i dont like beer so its hard for me to appreciate all these human being hipster filled breweries around here

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Seamonster posted:

well PA has Yuengling so there :colbert:

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

As hurricane Joaquin gets close to the shore, it will grow a beard and drop off the radar. Hth, op.

Enfield
May 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

symbolic posted:

well PA has Yuengling so there :colbert:

so does va, and i hate yuengling

I.C.
Jun 10, 2008

Someone please refresh our collective memories with the naming conventions of hurricanes.
I'm asking for myself.

Seamonster
Apr 30, 2007

IMMER SIEGREICH

Enfield posted:

legend bbrewrey is the bees knees

actually I was thinking more along the lines of Hardywood and Strageways but ok

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

I.C. posted:

Someone please refresh our collective memories with the naming conventions of hurricanes.
I'm asking for myself.
each season they cycle through one of 8 different lists of names, each beginning with a different letter. once they get past the 26th named storm they move on to greek letters

source: i watch way too much of the weather channel

I.C.
Jun 10, 2008

symbolic posted:

each season they cycle through one of 8 different lists of names, each beginning with a different letter. once they get past the 26th named storm they move on to greek letters

source: i watch way too much of the weather channel

Thank you. I have a follow-up question. Why are some names boys' and some are girls'?
I'll take my answer off the air.

Enfield
May 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

I.C. posted:

Thank you. I have a follow-up question. Why are some names boys' and some are girls'?

im pretty sure they just alternate as boy/girl/boy/girl

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

I.C. posted:

gender equality i guess

Tuxedo Gin
May 21, 2003

Classy.

symbolic posted:

gender equality i guess

why no gender fluid names?

loving transphobics and ablists

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

Enfield posted:

im pretty sure they just alternate as boy/girl/boy/girl

This is true. Also, I believe a computer picks out the names at random. If a hurricane hits land when it's a category 5, the name is retired.

STABASS
Apr 18, 2009

Fun Shoe
I liked River better

Halah
Sep 1, 2003

Maybe just another light that shines

Hector Beerlioz posted:

This is true. Also, I believe a computer picks out the names at random. If a hurricane hits land when it's a category 5, the name is retired.

They also retire particularly bad ones even if it's not a category 5, like Katrina.

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it
Probably rolled off his weird cleft palate scar.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Please disregard my advice w/r/t history.

criscodisco posted:

Probably rolled off his weird cleft palate scar.

I think its cute :3:

• Locked thread