Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

deep space nein posted:

All this insanity because Dixies dad loves her too much. Or not enough. If only Ted Turner had been allowed to keep his play thing by a kind hearted exec at Time Warner, oh what wonders would we have seen :allears:

Did you ever think it might be because he really hates her?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib

Gavok posted:

They show that old Andre vs. Stan Hansen match from Japan that ended in a double DQ, only with new TNA commentary where they treat it as a tournament match happening live. Afterwards, EC3 is shown laughing it up backstage because now he has a bye into the next round.

This is a joke right. I.... I can't tell anymore!

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

pathetic little tramp posted:

This is a joke right. I.... I can't tell anymore!

It is.

But for real, Godfrey Ho movies are amazing.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Gavok posted:

It is.

But for real, Godfrey Ho movies are amazing.

Thomas Tang and Joseph Lai are better.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/brydertna/status/660277067842347008

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

man I dont even

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

tremendous

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

https://twitter.com/brydertna/status/660280347741917184
wonder if dixie called him

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
Like, just sit down and think how absolutely loving dumb as a human being you have to be to tweet that

That is sub-Dixie levels of dumb

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
so...

TNA really wants to find a third network in less than a year calendarwise, huh?

21 Hoot Salute
Feb 8, 2005

Night-time, turn around
Lonely is the city tonight
Night-time, all around
Lonely in the city tonight

Bob Ryder is the gift that keeps on giving

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

rotinaj posted:

so...

TNA really wants to find a third network in less than a year calendarwise, huh?

I want to see them have to air stuff on Dailymotion or Yahoo Videos

And then be kicked off of that too in under a year

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Exorcism Live! has signed a multi-year deal with Impact Wrestling!

Sotar
Dec 1, 2009
TNA will land on Twitch, and not even crack the top 100 broadcasters.

Mister E
Oct 2, 2006

by exmarx

Sotar posted:

TNA will land on Twitch, and not even crack the top 100 broadcasters.

TNA wishes it could draw as well as The Joy of Painting. Sorry Ryder but Twitch already has the superior Bob.

Glamorama26
Sep 14, 2011

All it comes down to is this: I feel like shit, but look great.

To be fair, Ryder has no idea what network they're on anymore.

try the new taco place
Jan 4, 2004

hey mister... can u play drums while I sing and play plastic guitar???
I remember when Sabu took out that lady for no reason. I was in the front row and he came right at me and I just hit the loving floor and got out of the way, and he leapt over me and my dad and just crashed into that lady. He rolled off and pointed at the sky and then ran away. I don't think she was injured.

Also it was loving hilarious when the "Heel Section" a few seats to the side of me got pissed at Jarrett's win and threw newspapers in the air. I vaguely recall that TNA was handing them out or something to promote some press they got in the local newspaper? And I think earlier in the night they pretended to read them, bored during some Jarrett segment.

I was the biggest Raven mark and that was the most disappointing night in my wrestling history :( I had a sign with a countdown to the match that was like "X weeks until DESTINY, Quoth the Raven, Nevermore" and each week I put a different number over the X until it was zero. I think it was in the intro video for that week's PPV. And one of the nights I won "Fan of the night" and got to go backstage where I saw Jarrett's dick.

Burt Buckle
Sep 1, 2011

Pet Rock Band posted:

I saw Jarrett's dick.

Compare and contrast to Dave Batista's.

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007

Pet Rock Band posted:

I remember when Sabu took out that lady for no reason. I was in the front row and he came right at me and I just hit the loving floor and got out of the way, and he leapt over me and my dad and just crashed into that lady. He rolled off and pointed at the sky and then ran away. I don't think she was injured.

Also it was loving hilarious when the "Heel Section" a few seats to the side of me got pissed at Jarrett's win and threw newspapers in the air. I vaguely recall that TNA was handing them out or something to promote some press they got in the local newspaper? And I think earlier in the night they pretended to read them, bored during some Jarrett segment.

I was the biggest Raven mark and that was the most disappointing night in my wrestling history :( I had a sign with a countdown to the match that was like "X weeks until DESTINY, Quoth the Raven, Nevermore" and each week I put a different number over the X until it was zero. I think it was in the intro video for that week's PPV. And one of the nights I won "Fan of the night" and got to go backstage where I saw Jarrett's dick.

Is he cut or uncut?

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
From PWInsider

quote:

TNA's Director of Touring Leaves the Company Again

There was another TNA office departure this week as Director of Touring, Mike Krewson left the company. Mike had been with the company from 2008 until 2013 but left to work for the Lucha Libre USA promotion. He returned in February 2014 but left again this week.

One reason he's leaving is to take a job as the General Manager of Baylor University's new McLane Stadium but there's speculation that his departure could be a indication TNA has no plans to resume regular touring any time soon as we go into 2016.

Krewson was responsible for booking and managing TNA's live events, handling logistics and working with the arenas. Word is that he will be replaced by Bob Ryder, who currently works talent relations, when TNA does decide to run live events. This doesn't mean they won't tour any more but it will likely be more of a "pick and choose dates" situation with the events being handled in-house by Ryder.

Sotar
Dec 1, 2009
I wonder if, when he applied for the Baylor General Manager position, he just left TNA off his resume.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

TNA Touring Manager has to be the easiest job.

DynamiteKidd
Jun 11, 2015

by Shine

sportsgenius86 posted:

TNA ticket taker

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

sportsgenius86 posted:

I honestly thought that was the job Bob Ryder was already doing. That motherfucker is living the George Costanza life like no one else.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

So the Mumbai ONO airs live Dec 4, they're expected to tape episodes in India afterward, they're filming 6 episodes in the UK in January, and they're discussing talks to go back to the Manhattan Center at some point next year

So the question now is do they air this poo poo on Dailymotion or get the privilege of being on and then kicked off a third station in 3 years

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:

Chris James 2 posted:

talks to go back to the Manhattan Center at some point next year

this year I went to one of those tapings because I hadn't seen live wrestling before, it was $15 day-of for second-row seats, and I figured it'd be fun to see the death of a promotion

next year I might go back if it's still cheap. do they still have Rockstar Spud? He and Samoa Joe were the two guys I walked away from the taping really liking

I wonder if TNA can still afford the Manhattan Center. I imagine they taped there because it's one of the few mid-sized venues equipped for it? Terminal 5 can apparently do it, since that's where Ring of Honor has run a couple of PPVs...

abraham linksys fucked around with this message at 07:31 on Nov 2, 2015

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Chris James 2 posted:

they're expected to tape episodes in India afterward

Will these episodes be aired on TV in India, possibly re-arranging the show to be based entirely around Mahabali Shera :allears:

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

RZApublican posted:

Will these episodes be aired on TV in India, possibly re-arranging the show to be based entirely around Mahabali Shera :allears:

Yes but the ones broadcast everywhere else will be too, don't be shocked if they put the title on him despite being terrible and not over.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

abraham linksys posted:

this year I went to one of those tapings because I hadn't seen live wrestling before, it was $15 day-of for second-row seats, and I figured it'd be fun to see the death of a promotion

next year I might go back if it's still cheap. do they still have Rockstar Spud? He and Samoa Joe were the two guys I walked away from the taping really liking

I wonder if TNA can still afford the Manhattan Center. I imagine they taped there because it's one of the few mid-sized venues equipped for it? Terminal 5 can apparently do it, since that's where Ring of Honor has run a couple of PPVs...

They couldn't afford it last year.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I keep expecting to see wrestling fans plummet to their death at Terminal 5, so TNA should most definitely tape there.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

coconono posted:

I keep expecting to see wrestling fans plummet to their death at Terminal 5, so TNA should most definitely tape there.

That assumes they'd even have enough people for the balconies

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

ayn rand hand job posted:

maybe if they put up some flyers or something, I dunno.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

ayn rand hand job posted:

Never. You could have the roster use the floor as the locker room, set the ring out there, seat all the fans, and you'd have room still for a couple old Smackdown fists before sending people upstairs.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
uhh, Terminal 5 only seated like... maybe 100, 150 people tops at the RoH show

but you're probably still right

it's the single worst venue for wrestling imaginable but there aren't many other options if they really want an NYC taping for god-knows-what reason

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

abraham linksys posted:

it's the single worst venue for wrestling imaginable but there aren't many other options if they really want an NYC taping for god-knows-what reason

This past January they wanted it for the prestige of taping in NY after everybody thought they'd be dead as a triumphant welcome-back to TV.

This upcoming January they want it because live fan reaction and talent reaction was positive enough about working/being there last time, plus if they pull it off they've got more episodes in the can for wherever the gently caress they air, especially if they quickly end up in another situation where they're about to be kicked out again (which at this point can't be ruled out)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008

abraham linksys posted:

Can they even draw that many fans?

• Locked thread