Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Hindustan Electronics Employee of the Month, July 2008
Grimey Drawer

Regy Rusty posted:

I thought that was a good ending. If anything earned a weird, unsettling, inconclusive ending it's this show.

She couldn't make up her mind, and in the end turned people against her.

Exactly. I dug it quite a bit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ither
Jan 30, 2010
I get that they wanted to come full circle with the slap. But why Diane? It's not like she's the pinnacle of morality.

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Ither posted:

I get that they wanted to come full circle with the slap. But why Diane? It's not like she's the pinnacle of morality.

Alicia throwing Diane's husband under the bus to try to save her own after it was specifically shut down as an option is pretty cold, especially after Diane stuck her neck out on offering Alicia partnership in the firm again.

Like the creators alluded to, Alicia has become either blind or callous to the collateral damage she is willing to cause at this point.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Alicia is a straight-up bitch at the end of the series. The prosecutor lawyer is actually a good guy and really does nothing wrong. In most shows he would be the protagonist and Alicia would be a villain.

FetusSlapper
Jan 6, 2005

by exmarx
I kept waiting for the other shoe to drop with Jeffrey Dean Morgan's character this season, but it never did. Seems like they were heavily implying that he was supposed to be some kind of sociopath but they never followed up on any of that stuff.

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
This...kinda seems like a bad idea.
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/cbs-all-access-nearing-deal-892280?utm_source=twitter

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

only if they don't bring back Taye Diggs and Robin

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Holy poo poo!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9vEIv1VwSjY

Her voice!

Geno
Apr 26, 2004
STUPID
DICK

yea i had the same reaction when i saw this last night

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

It just reinforces how bad Kalinda's American accent was.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

That owns that she was a fan of the show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe

I'd rather see a SVOD series based on Baranski's character from The Big Bang Theory. :)

I guess the story is wide open. Florrick Lee Quinn Associates might be interesting. (Although, Diane slapped Alicia, but it was Luca who did the cross-examination of Diane's husband.)
Show picks up a little after the events in The Good Wife - Alicia is gone, Diane is divorced and focused on the firm, and competing with Canning+Agos in court and over clients.

FetusSlapper posted:

I kept waiting for the other shoe to drop with Jeffrey Dean Morgan's character this season, but it never did. Seems like they were heavily implying that he was supposed to be some kind of sociopath but they never followed up on any of that stuff.
Thank you! I was often astounded reading episode reviews gushing over Jason because I often found him to be creepy in his casual non-commitment, like he was hiding some big secret and didn't want her to get close enough to find out.

Binary Logic fucked around with this message at 14:34 on May 14, 2016

• Locked thread