Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum

these are dumb

it's cool you can have good views I guess but every level u go up shrinks a lot

p goddamn bad imo why you buy one of these?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth
:agreed:

Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

HTTP 400: Bad post
:page3:

lDDQD
Apr 16, 2006
If you live in an area with heavy snowfalls, you need a really sharply-angled roof so you will never have to clean the snow off the roof, and the roof still won't collapse. It's a good feature if you own a cottage in the countryside so you can't actually be bothered to drive up there in the winter just to throw the snow off the roof after every storm.

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum

lDDQD posted:

If you live in an area with heavy snowfalls, you need a really sharply-angled roof so you will never have to clean the snow off the roof, and the roof still won't collapse. It's a good feature if you own a cottage in the countryside so you can't actually be bothered to drive up there in the winter just to throw the snow off the roof after every storm.

sharply angled roof is one thing

dumb rear end a frame house is another thing

coldplay chiptunes
Sep 17, 2010

by Lowtax

jackyl posted:

sharply angled roof is one thing

dumb rear end a frame house is another thing
ok.....

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
maybe if it was a real big a frame house it'd be ok? :shrug:

Im talking like football stadium big. someone should hire an architect and have a football sized a frame house to test this idea out.

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum

dude there are a shitload of houses in high snow areas that aren't dumbass a frames

a frames are dumb, just accept it

coldplay chiptunes
Sep 17, 2010

by Lowtax

jackyl posted:

dude there are a shitload of houses in high snow areas that aren't dumbass a frames

a frames are dumb, just accept it
ok.....

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum
"Oh no my weed eater just hit my dumb rear end a frame house shingles"

- an a frame owner

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum

sorry about your dumb house but maybe you shouldn't have bought a a frame

Harald
Jul 10, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
just lol if your dumb enough to buy a house...lol

Affe mk2
Mar 9, 2004

Chicks dig giant robots
there's an a-frame on my parents' street. it has no central ac in south florida. couple of gay dudes live there. they seem nice.

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum

Affe mk2 posted:

there's an a-frame on my parents' street. it has no central ac in south florida. couple of gay dudes live there. they seem nice.

maybe they nice but they house is dumb

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
there was an A-Frame locally, it was abandoned at some point and then a bunch of winos hung around it, probably squatted in there and had lots of gross hobo sex in it. thankfully they finally demolished it, now the winos just hang around its ruins and just get freaky out in the open.

naem
May 29, 2011

The downstairs is all kitchen/living room, the upstairs is all bedroom, the backyard is a beautiful freshwater lake also the stars are metal spiral things and there's a fireman pole what's not to like?

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum

naem posted:

The downstairs is all kitchen/living room, the upstairs is all bedroom, the backyard is a beautiful freshwater lake also the stars are metal spiral things and there's a fireman pole what's not to like?

you could have all of this without making the upstairs artificially limited because of a dumbass house design?

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum
also your upstairs deck is artificially limited because of a dumbass who thought the entire framing should be roof

for some goddamn dumb reason

geekybones
Apr 30, 2009
There's an a frame house up the street from my parent's house. It used to be a meth lab.

penus penus penus
Nov 9, 2014

by piss__donald
its probably super cheap i guess

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

He was warrior and mystic, ogre and saint, the fox and the innocent, chivalrous, ruthless, less than a god, more than a man.
geodesic dome is really the only good house, you're pretty retarded if you live in anything else

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
They still making these? I thought everyone had moved onto B-Frame houses?

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
Ok..........

Smelly Bohemian
Aug 20, 2015

by Lowtax
It's about time GBS took on A-frame houses.

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler
A-Frames are great if you want to live in a house where 75% of your wall space is absolutely useless.

Skeleton Ape
Dec 21, 2008

truly the fedora of houses :mad:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider

Kuato posted:

there was an A-Frame locally, it was abandoned at some point and then a bunch of winos hung around it, probably squatted in there and had lots of gross hobo sex in it. thankfully they finally demolished it, now the winos just hang around its ruins and just get freaky out in the open.

You know how any food tastes better when you're hungry?

I bet filthy gross hobo sex is as good as it gets.

• Locked thread