Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Back in the day when I joined, the All Your Base meme was still a big thing and we actually argued that it originated in SA against the Tribal War forum or whatever it was called where their one claim to fame was "We created AYB"

I mean we were right because a goon literally created the video / song based on a thread, but what a crazy time where we actually cared about that poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

It's funny how this forum created memes, all your base, let's plays, weird Twitter, 4chan, slenderman, etc and is still dying a slow painful death

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

DUNK A DILL PICKLE REALDO
fear not an internet archaeologist will one day excavate the provenance of all those proud early internet myths and trace them back to one stupid source

gay for gacha
Dec 22, 2006

Unban Keep it real.

Dr. Quarex
Apr 18, 2003

I'M A BIG DORK WHO POSTS TOO MUCH ABOUT CONVENTIONS LOOK AT THIS

TOVA TOVA TOVA

Puppy Galaxy posted:

It's funny how this forum created memes, all your base, let's plays, weird Twitter, 4chan, slenderman, etc and is still dying a slow painful death
History is full of examples of innovators being ignored to death. At least the Forums actually get credit for most of the stuff that originated here; that is more than Thomas Edison allowed the brilliant minds he bulldozed.

Though I doubt we will ever get credit for first writing in Impact font on pictures.

concerned mom
Apr 22, 2003

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer
a kid in my year in school made it on to the cliff yablonski website. he found out and had a fight with the kid who put him on there in school

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

Puppy Galaxy posted:

that's just because we aren't actually dying this is just our next wave were making 'Internet cooldad'

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

DUNK A DILL PICKLE REALDO
what is the internet meme equivalent of dadrock?

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
paul christoforo

jenny jones fan
Dec 24, 2007

crispix posted:

paul christoforo

son Im 38 I wwebsite as on the internet when you were a sperm in your daddys balls and before it was the internet

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

In 2004, some fat kid had a gf who was way out of his league. I forget the details but he did something goony as hell resulting in most of GBS piling on and calling him a fat gently caress who's gf should break up with him. I got a good burn in on him and felt real cool since I was like 18 :c00l:

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
the iBeeble

drink_bleach
Dec 13, 2004

Praise the Sun!
The silly baby threads by Atomo, I will never laugh so hard as something so stupid ever again.

Bacontotem
May 27, 2010

Someone sending some horrible video of "goons" killing a thing called a "titan" in a game called "eve". It was all downhill from there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rasta_Al
Jul 14, 2001

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.
Fun Shoe
The days with the old ban hammer logo is the earliest thing I remember. People would get banned for the stupidest/funniest poo poo; it was like the Wild West.

• Locked thread