Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gawrz
Aug 30, 2015
Atlantiss is a 4.3.4 Cataclysm patch private server that seems rather good, so I thought I would post so here.
It is 1x blizzlike rates with scripted raid instances up to Firelands (With firelands being released on the server in December of this year)
Compared to other private servers on Cataclysm content (lol molten) It is rather good. Recruit a Friend works so it will be very quick to get a capped toon in time for raiding, most of the dungeons in the leveling process are working with very few bugs. Obviously several small but workable bugs are existent but pretty much everything you can work around with some basic game knowledge.
So far I have yet to touch that much questing content, but from what I have done it is all working well, anything that does not work, it is specified as such in the quest journal.
Me and a couple of friends have the intention to start our own guild ready to raid firelands and I decided I'd open the doors to SA and see if we can recruit some other nerds to raid with. The three people setting up this guild come from hardcore raiding backgrounds, and as a result don't really want to nolife it, but want a fair degree of competency. That being said, we don't require you to have raided on the cutting edge at all in WoW, but it is useful to have some raiding experience may it be in WoW or other MMOs.
So far the details of the guild are pretty open but we know we want to set out and do things well when it comes to raiding.
So far we know:
We will not tolerate loot whoring, we do understand that personal progress is important to people, but we do not want to cause drama because somebody got loot over somebody else, clearing the content means more loot for everybody on a regular basis.
We all understand that people have lives, so as a result we are keeping this fairly low key, 2-3 raid nights a week 3 hours a night, no exceptions. People have jobs, people have lives. So do we, but we also want to have fun. Raiding content in Cataclysm was fun.
We will be running raids in a fairly constructive matter, loot will be run as Need before Greed. The system is fairly robust, and will cause the least drama, as long as people adhere to the previous rules of no loot whoring, plan and simply to not cause drama.
We will be alliance side.

As said we have come from a raiding background, and we also don't really care if you are sitting there with several world firsts under your belt. We want people to have fun, kill content in a timely manner we don't mind if you mess up with content, it happens. We know it happens.
We also want the raid content to be constructive, we want to have banter and it not being all serious all the time.

Ofecks posted:

A few things about the server to add to the OP:
- it's a Polish server. International players are welcome, but the server is hosted in Poland (I think) so west coast USers may have ping issues.
- While it's the best-scripted 4.x server out there, there is a ton of stuff that is broken. Entire zones like Vash'jir (boo! I love that zone) and Uldum are currently closed. There are lots of open issues on the bugtracker for every class, and a less than comfortable amount of quests do not work as intended. They've got a long way to go to get to Nostalrius quality.

I should mention that the guys behind the server are very good and have stated that they don't want it to be PayToWin with buyable raid gear, pretty much everything you can donate for is cosmetic or things like mounts. (Yes, spectral tiger).

Any guild name suggestions are welcome.
I would highly recommend abusing the RaF system, it really does help with the leveling process as it can be rather boring.

Server address: http://atlantiss.eu/
How to set up:
First and foremost, create an account on the front page.
Download the "mini client", this is basically a streaming client that downloads as you play.

Plain and simple guys.

Gawrz fucked around with this message at 07:35 on Oct 6, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Uziduke
Jul 2, 2015

A storm over Europe unleashed
Dawn of war a trail of destruction
The power of Rome won't prevail
See the Catholics shiver and shake
Gr Cata was the worst xpac ever. I want a good TBC server.

Gawrz
Aug 30, 2015

Uziduke posted:

Gr Cata was the worst xpac ever. I want a good TBC server.

Can agree, but sadly I have yet to find a GOOD TBC private server. (With scripted raids)

Ofecks
May 4, 2009

A portly feline wizard waddles forth, muttering something about conjured food.

I've got a Worgen Rogue on Atlantiss. I think he's lv 40-something? I'd be interested in raiding Firelands as it's the only tier aside from Sunwell and 5.4 that I haven't seen. Dunno if I a) have the skills required to meet your raiding expectations or b) am committed to scheduled raiding at all, but I'd like to join the guild at least. Who do I whisper?

- it's a Polish server. International players are welcome, but the server is hosted in Poland (I think) so west coast USers may have ping issues.
- While it's the best-scripted 4.x server out there, there is a ton of stuff that is broken. Entire zones like Vash'jir (boo! I love that zone) and Uldum are currently closed. There are lots of open issues on the bugtracker for every class, and a less than comfortable amount of quests do not work as intended. They've got a long way to go to get to Nostalrius quality.

Gawrz
Aug 30, 2015

Ofecks posted:

I've got a Worgen Rogue on Atlantiss. I think he's lv 40-something? I'd be interested in raiding Firelands as it's the only tier aside from Sunwell and 5.4 that I haven't seen. Dunno if I a) have the skills required to meet your raiding expectations or b) am committed to scheduled raiding at all, but I'd like to join the guild at least. Who do I whisper?

I should make it more clear in the OP we don't really care if you are the most skilled human being ever as long as you have the willingness to sit and learn to become better. When we say "scheduled" it's going to be super relaxed, like Thursday & Sunday for 3 hours a night, nothing super hardcore, of course social players are always welcome, as for who to whisper, the guild is currently unmade. I wanted to see roughly how much of a response I would get from SA.

Regarding the server I will add these to OP as these are very good points.

Gawrz
Aug 30, 2015
So, quick update. The guild is created, we are called Hypergenesis, the raid team is pretty stacked right now, could always use some extras though. Reply here if you are interested in joining.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Gawrz posted:

So, quick update. The guild is created, we are called Hypergenesis, the raid team is pretty stacked right now, could always use some extras though. Reply here if you are interested in joining.

Man sign me up to be an alt raider on a private server, that sure sounds amazing buddy.

• Locked thread