Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ProperCauldron
Oct 11, 2004

nah chill
Yeah what yhat said. Westchester is hell on earth. Personally I'm so sick of nyc, it's so expensive it's insulting. I might move to Albany, where I can rent a 3 bedroom for less than an nyc studio. I've never felt suicidal there

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

i once went to buffalo ny and i felt so sad. i felt so so sad. it was a city that made me feel sad

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

Charlottesville in Virginia is very nice.

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

Kiryen posted:

Texas. No income tax, fantastic food, a wide variety of places to live, things to do and high job opportunities. You also get to listen to shitlords reassure themselves about what a hellhole it supposedly is while enjoying all the aforementioned.

Yes I would like to have the fried steak, or maybe fried chicken, or maybe fried butter with a side of fries and fried tater tots.

*slurps down bucket of sugar water flavored with tea*

Ahh, that was a good snack now I'll have the biscuits with 'gravy', a side of grits, a fried snickers bar, a big ol plate of lovely Mexican inspired food, a Whataburger triple with jalapeņos and some Mr. Jims pizza. Don't forget the ranch dressing!

*loves feeling 102F temps at 6am in the morning*

*constantly admires the flat brown treeless grasslands that compose 90% of the 'arable' land 3/4 of the year*

*gets a huge truck to "sit up higher than everyone else" and never notices that everyone else has done the same*

*loves the gently caress outta Jesus and football but can't understand basic science*

goatse.cx haver
Oct 17, 2010

precious metals
is Oregon bad? I have the chance to move to Eugene for a thing. Should i go?

edit: i've got nothing tying me down or much going on where im at now anyway

goatse.cx haver fucked around with this message at 13:03 on Oct 6, 2015

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

you should seek to follow your heart in all things

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
Unironically Texas.

Phlairdon
Apr 15, 2003

If you can't stand up you can't do war!

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

mmmmm yeah i definitely want to move to a state whose government is neck-and-neck with Arizona's for the title of "most supremely loving stupid group of elected assholes in America"

don't mess with Texas, napalm it. it'll probably burn well too because it's over 100 degrees there. same with Arizona

edit: Oklahoma too. you know what, just quarantine the entire Southwest and burn it all to hell (sorry New Mexico)

get that OUT of my face fucked around with this message at 13:31 on Oct 6, 2015

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

While Calvin's numerous personality quirks form the basis for the strip, I'm not sure "living in denial" is an accurate description of his character, and certainly not to the point where that is how his teacher would describe him. This joke doesn't hold water.

Phlairdon
Apr 15, 2003

If you can't stand up you can't do war!

Applewhite posted:

While Calvin's numerous personality quirks form the basis for the strip, I'm not sure "living in denial" is an accurate description of his character, and certainly not to the point where that is how his teacher would describe him. This joke doesn't hold water.

Sure it does. He's a child in denial of the reality around him and refusing to accept any responsibilities that he might have no matter how minimal they might be. Plus, good luck trying to convince him that Hobbes is nothing more than a stuffed animal. Your opinion is gay.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Phlairdon posted:

Sure it does. He's a child in denial of the reality around him and refusing to accept any responsibilities that he might have no matter how minimal they might be. Plus, good luck trying to convince him that Hobbes is nothing more than a stuffed animal. Your opinion is gay.

It's obvious Calvin leads a rich fantasy life, but I think that's playing fast and loose with the definition of "in denial."

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

catatonic

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

"When the eagles are silent, the parrots begin to jabber."

Grimey Drawer
I'm just saying, northern New Mexico is like cheaper Colorado but with, uh, easier access to heroin and more meth lab explosions? So, you know. Still better than Texas :smuggo:

celeron 300a posted:

We have tacos and burritos and opinions regarding tacos and burritos.
I'm pretty sure I've seen people almost get into fistfights in regard to the red vs. green chile debate here in NM. Granted, they were piss drunk. But still.

El Ste
Aug 22, 2010

ProperCoochie posted:

Yeah what yhat said. Westchester is hell on earth. Personally I'm so sick of nyc, it's so expensive it's insulting. I might move to Albany, where I can rent a 3 bedroom for less than an nyc studio. I've never felt suicidal there

Westchester ain't so bad. Just kinda 'spensive and boring.

totes over NYC though

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

despair

Hydrocodone
Sep 26, 2007

Maine's really great around Portland, but pretty expensive. But then most everywhere nice has that problem right now, so :(

The Cubelodyte
Sep 1, 2006

Practicing Hypnolaw since 1990
Grimey Drawer

ANIME IS BLOOD posted:

I too take pride in living in a state whose government and infrastructure are shambling towards implosion as a point of pride :rolleyes:

I'll gladly take shambling towards ruin over running headlong into it in shitholes like Kansas.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
Like what part of California are people talking about when they say it's cool

LA?
SF?
Valley?

I think LA sucks rear end but the rest of the state is cool

I've been around Chicago for a while and I dunno it's A City I guess

The real problem I think is that it is surrounded by boring(Midwest states)/awful (Gary, IN) poo poo

Wisconsin is pretty if you're into nature stuff but the people man

oh geez

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

The Cubelodyte posted:

I'll gladly take shambling towards ruin over running headlong into it in shitholes like Kansas.
Gotta take pride in what you can. Like how a New Mexico town had, and I think still has, the highest per capita death rate due to heroin in the US. I don't know what to use for New Mexico so let's say :911: + :mexico:

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
Move to Washington D.C.

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

Hydrocodone posted:

Maine's really great around Portland, but pretty expensive. But then most everywhere nice has that problem right now, so :(

compared to pretty much everywhere else in the northeast portland's fairly cheap

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Monkey Fracas posted:

LA?
SF?
Valley?

The real problem I think is that it is surrounded by boring(Midwest states)/awful (Gary, IN) poo poo

oh geez

nowhere it's all gay and poo poo please get out

celeron 300a
Jan 23, 2005

by exmarx
Yam Slacker

Monkey Fracas posted:

LA?
SF?
Valley?

oh geez

You can stay out of california and get your in-n-out elsewhere.

Oh, and take california pizza kitchen with you, we don't want it.

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014
Vermont is clearly the best. Let the rest Bern.

celeron 300a
Jan 23, 2005

by exmarx
Yam Slacker

Tendai posted:

I'm pretty sure I've seen people almost get into fistfights in regard to the red vs. green chile debate here in NM. Granted, they were piss drunk. But still.

southwest pride

:hfive:

Edgar
Sep 9, 2005

Oh my heck!
Oh heavens!
Oh my lord!
OH Sweet meats!
Wedge Regret
Again saying Utah, become a mormon and you'll have a VERY VERY high chance of getting a very attractive wife. Some of the gooniest neckbeard weirdos in my classes here have a wife that is a 7-8 out of 10. The only downside they will be crazy religious and would want to have many many babies.

star trek
Apr 7, 2009
Texas loving sucks rear end don't go there. I just left Fort Worth and it feels so good to be out of that poo poo state

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014

Edgar posted:

Again saying Utah, become a mormon and you'll have a VERY VERY high chance of getting a very attractive wife. Some of the gooniest neckbeard weirdos in my classes here have a wife that is a 7-8 out of 10. The only downside they will be crazy religious and would want to have many many babies.

Probably better to nail a 4-5 who just wants a cat.

TheCIASentMe
Jul 11, 2003

I'll get you! Just you wait and see!

Nill posted:

I don't know about states per say, but The Great Republic of Texas welcomes chill, freedom loving folks who don't bring no bullshit along with them. :clint:

At first I thought this was a list that started with chili. And I was going to say yeah, chili is pretty good but you can get that without having to live in such a lovely state. Then I noticed you didn't say that...

But really, you can boil down the states to move to by one thing:

:420:

Dark green = best and going lighter from there starts to get debatable.

Anything grey = nope. Don't even bother trying to defend it. Your state sucks.

TheCIASentMe fucked around with this message at 03:55 on Oct 7, 2015

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Iowa

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

The real answer is Hawaii.

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

SeaTard posted:

The real answer is Hawaii.
If you want to move to a place where you have to pay huge amounts of money to go anywhere that isn't in that state, do Alaska, at least it doesn't have giant insects.

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
I want to live in Hawaii and experience this 'ice' dog the bounty hunter always talks about. Sounds fun

Freestyle
Sep 2, 2014

by R. Guyovich
As a Californian, I can only recommend moving to our state if you are a multi-millionaire. And speak spanish. Basically, if you are a cartel warlord, you will love it here.

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

Why would you wanna move to Texas, it loving sucks down here.

There's exactly one liberal city (Austin) and everyone wants to move there so good luck cause the list is already packed. The only places with high job opportunities is basically Houston or towns nobody knows about.

Also! It's always been the last horse across the finish line when it comes to any sort of social progress and reform. It was dragged into recognizing gay rights with the Supreme Court ruling and is still pretty butt hurt about that. I'd imagine it's gonna be the same with Mary J, so I hope you like getting busted by the neighborhood Rent-A-Cop for $10 worth of weed, courtesy of the harshest penalties that they can throw the book at you with.

White Light fucked around with this message at 04:46 on Oct 7, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Maine is cool, depending on which part you live in. Southern Maine is the common version everybody thinks of. North of Bangor might as well be Canada.

Oregon is where I hang my hat now. Like Maine, but substitute snow for rain. Salem is not as pretentious or as expensive as Portland too.

• Locked thread