Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

nomadologique posted:

just so you know, if they shut down usps they shut down amazon, amazon is piggybacking on usps and that's how they get you packages before you even finish submitting your order

also that

:synpa:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

I preferred it when Amazon was just using FedEx and UPS for 99% of the orders.

Why? Prime uses USPS and gets everything to me within two days

Bishop
Aug 15, 2000

Moridin920 posted:

You're not schooling me, that's exactly what I just told you; you're printing out a label and putting it on the wrong goddamn flat rate envelope. Sorry that you're so retarded you can't match up the label to the right (free) envelope.

Yeah different carriers do things differently, but so what how hard is it to just use the right envelope? USPS is cheaper than UPS a lot of the time.

Like I've never even heard of this being a problem until this thread because why would you even use the wrong envelope in the first place? They're free.
sigh. The envelopes are identical in every way except one has the word "express" on it. The label itself determines how the letter is sorted and delivered, the envelope is just marketing. The delivery people, the people at the sort facilities, etc only care about the label. People in your mail room can mistakenly grab the wrong envelope. The label has enough paid postage to get the thing delivered at the level of service. USPS just loves to be petty about that kind of thing, then whines when companies spend more money on their critical shipments with UPS/FedEx.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Bishop posted:

sigh. The envelopes are identical in every way except one has the word "express" on it. The label itself determines how the letter is sorted and delivered, the envelope is just marketing. The delivery people, the people at the sort facilities, etc only care about the label. People in your mail room can mistakenly grab the wrong envelope. The label has enough paid postage to get the thing delivered at the level of service. USPS just loves to be petty about that kind of thing, then whines when companies spend more money on their critical shipments with UPS/FedEx.

dude i don't give a poo poo; put the label on the right envelope. this is the dumbest thing to be butthurt about

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Bishop posted:

UPS and Fed-Ex always complain about how unfair USPS is.
Time works the same way

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

Why? Prime uses USPS and gets everything to me within two days

Because I used to get everything in two days with UPS and FedEx too, except they were much better about just leaving packages or actually letting me know where they were holding packages / when they would attempt to redeliver.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

Because I used to get everything in two days with UPS and FedEx too, except they were much better about just leaving packages or actually letting me know where they were holding packages / when they would attempt to redeliver.

I have literally gotten calls from USPS the last two time they delivered something to my apartment building

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bishop
Aug 15, 2000

Moridin920 posted:

dude i don't give a poo poo; put the label on the right envelope. this is the dumbest thing to be butthurt about
the envelope is just an envelope. The label is what matters. I don't know how many ways I can phrase that. USPS isn't accidentally delivering priority mail put in a priority mail express envelope any faster. One word on an otherwise nearly identical envelope does not make any difference. Don't know how else to put that.

This thread was well timed because some sperglord must have just been hired around here because we got like 6 things returned in the last two weeks, each of which caused its own little disaster because they were time sensitive documents. Our solution was to throw away all the express envelopes because here's a shocker: they still deliver priority express stuff on time in a regular priority envelope because it doesn't loving matter. That and anything needing a 4 or less business day window goes with one of the non retard companies.

• Locked thread