Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Is there any evidence of a cult besides Quidnose saying there is?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.
No

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

My PM says explicitly that if the scum ever gained majority while I could reincarnate, we would lose even if my ability would put the scum out of majority. Since the scum didn't win at 4 players alive, there's just 1 scum left. I would assume the same holds true if there were a third-party faction out there.

I'll also tell you guys that according to Sam I would have flipped ??? regardless of whether I was janitored or not so as to keep me from being confirmed town on my resurrection.

I think if there is a third-party around it's probably Quidnose himself, the whole thing about there being a cult that he identifies by recruiting on his own sounds like a made-up story, I'm betting he's 3p survivor or something.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

The Ninth Layer posted:

Is there any evidence of a cult besides Quidnose saying there is?

I have seen confirmation of a cult

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Feel free to be more specific.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Quid is town aligned; the flavor of his recruitment of me confirms

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

The Ninth Layer posted:

Feel free to be more specific.

Per a comment from mod in our masonry

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

He's an unconfirmed mason recruiter but he becomes confirmed town to the people he recruits?

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.

The Ninth Layer posted:

He's an unconfirmed mason recruiter but he becomes confirmed town to the people he recruits?

Is it this, or did Sam make a comment while chatting in your mason doc that you think gave away that confirms him?

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Kashuno posted:

Quid is town aligned; the flavor of his recruitment of me confirms

This does not at all match with Quid's claim that he recruits people into an unconfirmed masonry. I'm voting his way if this doesn't get clarified.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
The flavor for my recruitment states that Quid is a man claiming to be a priest of Light who is working to stop those who would threaten Azeroth.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

So he's not confirmed town.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Seems pretty confirmed to me. I suppose that yes, there is room for it to be interpreted otherwise, but I don't believe that's the case.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Kashuno posted:

Seems pretty confirmed to me. I suppose that yes, there is room for it to be interpreted otherwise, but I don't believe that's the case.

The flavor you got was "He is a man claiming to be a priest" in other words the flavor says he claims to be town. That's not confirmation.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I find it highly unlikely quid is not town

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Okay but don't call him confirmed town if he's not moderator-confirmed town. His claim was that he wouldn't be confirmed town with you.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
fair

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

If there's a cult in this game it would almost certainly have to be Quid and Kash, that's the only reason I haven't voted f_v yet.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I stick with my original statement magnus was the cult.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

##vote f_v :redhammer:

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

The people of Dalaran decide that the last source of their ills was fiery_valkyrie. Her only response is that of confused innocence as she is led into the town square, and as her body falls it was so convincing that her assailants would even be doubting themselves until they saw the illusion, to reveal horns, wings, and hooves. Without a doubt, her demonic origins were revealed.

fiery_valkyrie, the Succubus (Legion-aligned Roleblocker) was executed on Day 5.

With all of the Legion assailants defeated as well as another threat that they never even knew existed thanks to its eradication at the hands of the Legion, Dalaran - and the rest of Azeroth - was safe once more.

imgay, Troll Druid (Horde-aligned Doctor) was victorious!
Poison Mushroom, Draenei Paladin (Alliance-aligned Cop) was victorious!
Section31, Orc Death Knight (Horde-aligned Bleeder) was victorious!
The Ninth Layer, Orc Shaman (Horde-aligned Reincarnator) was victorious!
Quidnose, Human Priest (Alliance-aligned Mason Recruiter) was victorious!
100yrsofAttitude, Goblin Hero (Horde-aligned Vanilla) was victorious!
Kashuno, Human Hero (Alliance-aligned Vanilla) was victorious!
Bottleknight, Tauren Hero (Horde-aligned Vanilla) was victorious!
TMMadman, Dwarf Hero (Alliance-aligned Vanilla) was victorious!
Rarity, Blood Elf Hero (Horde-aligned Vanilla) was victorious!
uranus, Gnome Hero (Horde-aligned Vanilla was victorious!

Docs
Setup: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1S620qdTh-rryuI8OowxCksHIHrUFB1pGqRCNVc5xxjg/edit?usp=sharing
Scum: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1bViiskGTPPx_Y_-BEKcMZFR3v1u8_OIzTwXaMVqFK6c/edit?usp=sharing
Mason: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/13QPxqS6ckGPMOML1D3WWUWHDEE8VwU-KIDnofe5syxc/edit?usp=sharing
Cult (lol): https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1HJ6Z4KYRfyNk7KhDOx9yX0sx3Om3SgAtq5ykjc7AbGI/edit?usp=sharing

Notes:

I feel like I kinda hosed up the balance on this one. I counted on the fact that the town would be contending with both a cult AND a scum team as well as the confusion of the Horde vs Alliance alignments, and I didn't consider (as I should have) the likelihood of the cult leader being knocked out immediately. If I redid this, I would have given the recruiters an odd day recruitment, which would provide a contingency against losing the cult leader n1, but still enough for him to be severely punished if he's bad enough to get lynched immediately. I also probably would have added a fourth scum member, likely just a goon to make the balance work a bit better. The auto janitoring of the Shaman was something I came up with a couple of days into the game, when I realised that making the reincarnate come with a 100% confirmation as town would be too strong.

It's a shame that I had to modkill so many, kind of screwed with the balance even further.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Thank god you finally killed me, that was dragging on forever. Sorry to MEDS for not putting in any extra effort to try and get the win for us, but I was just so over it.

Thanks for the game Sam.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

The problem with the cult mechanic is that it's really swingy and unpredictable. You can have a game like this where the cult is a non-factor due to the leader getting decapitated. Some games have the cult leader die if he runs into a Mafia member. Some games the cult recruits two people early and then keeps recruiting faster than the town (or scum) can take them out and end up dominating the game.

I'm personally not a fan of mechanics that change alignment so I'm glad the cult leader got taken out early, just knowing a cult is in the game means you can't really trust your long-term town reads, which kinda sucks.

In any event I had a good time replacing in, even if my activity at the end game wasn't great. Thanks for running it Sam!

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer
Why did you jerks kill me??? My cult would have been awesome

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Magnus Gallant posted:

Why did you jerks kill me??? My cult would have been awesome

Sorry, you should have said something and we would have NK'd someone else.

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer
Next time I will. I tried to recruit meds haha

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
sam whens your next game

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

I have a semi-CYOR setup at the ready, probably going to find someone to run it by for balance reasons though.

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

This game was hit hard by a lack of activity and modkills, which is the only reason this game lasted as long as it did.

Good job to the town for finally pulling through at the end. I had hoped that I had made myself enough of a flaming huge target to keep f_v out of the fire, but apparently not.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

I am sooooo sorry. I fell asleep! But that that was fun and it ended well. Thanks SSV.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Gg all. Sorry about all the mod killing and lurking that went on.

Told ya the cult died n1 :smug:

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Great game SSV. I'm surprised people hesitated at all over MEDS because my first question to Sam was, 'So Meds is scum right?'

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

derp
Jan 21, 2010

when i get up all i want to do is go to bed again

Lipstick Apathy
gj town. ty for the game ssv!

• Locked thread