Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
gameFAQsspinoffETI
Oct 4, 2015

by Lowtax
like became visibly shocked and offended and literally told him to go gently caress himself because he was homeless and owned a cellphone

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DenizenKane
Nov 6, 2013

Please. Go on.
Yeah, just like those poor people who own fridges. You retard.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

did he steal the phone though

gameFAQsspinoffETI
Oct 4, 2015

by Lowtax
i understand the logic behind thinking someone who owns a fridge is not "poor"

or being angry at someone for receiving welfare

i dont agree with it but i can at least follow the thought process

but why is it now bad for poor people to possess basic objects

for all you know he bought it while he still had a job and never threw it away

AbbadonOfHell
Jul 16, 2004
You know I would try to think of something funny to put here but ill just pass on that and threaten people with a + 2 board with a nail in it.
The person you reference is either a republican or more likely a libertarian. They are just angry that somebody has something they do as well and thus can't feel like they are better than them.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
old people thinking phones are luxuries even though they are basically required to function as an adult in 2015

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

The government provides phones because you need a phone no for job hunting and social aid stuff.

Since the Reagan era.

goatse.cx haver
Oct 17, 2010

precious metals

gameFAQsspinoffETI posted:

for all you know he bought it while he still had a job and never threw it away

lol everyone knows that homeless people have never worked a day in their lives and never will, its all their own fault for being lazy

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

yeah im pretty sure theres lots of charities that take old phones for this very purpose

DenizenKane
Nov 6, 2013

Please. Go on.
sorry op I thought you were the retard in the story. Tell your friend he is abysmally stupid from me.

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

why is it that these sort of people have the thinnest skins? what's next, getting mad that a parent should have to change a lovely diaper because the baby will not take responsibility for its own actions?

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

No I won't pay for your 4G data overages!!

pigeonchest bill
Dec 7, 2007
Something something Obamaphone. I don't really know what an Obamaphone is. Can I call him directly using one?

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009
There are more smartphones in the world than there are human beings. To say nothing of regular cellphones which are now literally disposable and retards are still mystified that even the poorest people have them lol

plain blue jacket
Jan 13, 2014

IT DOESN'T STOP
IT NEVER STOPS

pigeonchest bill posted:

Something something Obamaphone. I don't really know what an Obamaphone is. Can I call him directly using one?

Some poors in a remote area got phones so they weren't completely removed from outside world but it was actually Obama draining our already strained phone reserves

El Duderino
Mar 28, 2003

If you're not into that whole brevity thing..
It gets loving boring living on the streets. gently caress you I can pass the time by playing candy crush all I want bitch. Hey do me a solid and tell me what the new wifi passcode is for Starbucks. And you know, gently caress you.

Shasta Orange Soda
Apr 25, 2007
spare a dollar for powerups brother?

okay thanks anyway god bless

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Lotta ladies in this one project tower in the Bronx had two phones and would proudly tell you you should get an Obamaphone because it comes with free minutes. Apparently their regular phones weren't unlimited. Mine was.

Rest of the city wasn't like that. loving Richman Plaza man.

Bastard Tetris
Apr 27, 2005

L-Shaped

Nap Ghost
how the gently caress is a homeless
guy supposed to have a landline, he's homeless

lonesomedwarf
Mar 22, 2010

im sex

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡
you probably should stab them in the gut several t imes. just saiyajin'

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Lamebot posted:

you probably should stab them in the gut several t imes. just saiyajin'

hm. yes...good

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
these days you could probably find three functional phones and a charger if you dug under the right bush

Obligatory Handle
Feb 27, 2004

by Lowtax
I get pissed when homeless people have basic necessities like food, water and shelter. If you're so homeless, how come you are sleeping under this bridge? Isn't that a home? I then drop a handful of change in the sewer in front of them and/or throw an entire cheese pizza into the river.

Seems to work pretty well for me.

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009
You mean to tell me this loving bum can't afford $1000 a month for rent but can afford $30 a month for a smartphone? Dont make me laugh you liberal human being

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
THANKS OBAMA

concerned mom
Apr 22, 2003

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer
*tosses 20p at tramp* here ya go buy yourself a cup of coffee. nothing else, i do not give you permission to spend this on anything but coffee

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

concerned mom posted:

*tosses 20p at tramp* here ya go buy yourself a cup of coffee. nothing else, i do not give you permission to spend this on anything but coffee

meth is basically coffee 2.1

i would say meth is fine too

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
but anyway, op, seems like your friend's gears are jammed in the "take things from others"-position. you can benefit from this by taking all of his poo poo and calling him out when he gets hypocritical. it's a win-win

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

can you even get a job in the US without a working phone number? I know you sure as hell can't get a job around here without them being able to tell you that you are hired and where to show up.

Monday_
Feb 18, 2006

Worked-up silent dork without sex ability seeks oblivion and demise.
The Great Twist
A phone is pretty essential if you're looking for a job. If I found myself unemployed and homeless I'd probably sell my iPhone and go back to using my old Android that I still have. I have the cheapest T-Mobile prepaid plan but they cut you off completely if you don't pay on time, not sure how long I could keep paying my bill if my only source of income is panhandling. But having a working phone would be one of my top priorities.

TacticalUrbanHomo
Aug 17, 2011

by Lowtax
even the literal hill people in afghanistan own and regularly use cell phones people are retards

TacticalUrbanHomo
Aug 17, 2011

by Lowtax

waitwhatno posted:

can you even get a job in the US without a working phone number? I know you sure as hell can't get a job around here without them being able to tell you that you are hired and where to show up.

no, but you generally also can't get one without an address :v:

Demonachizer
Aug 7, 2004
https://www.fcc.gov/guides/lifeline-and-link-affordable-telephone-service-income-eligible-consumers

Doctor Discomfort
Jan 4, 2015

Good. I pawned my cell phone for a house and high paying job which is what that bum should have done if he wasn't so irresponsible with his finances.

plain blue jacket
Jan 13, 2014

IT DOESN'T STOP
IT NEVER STOPS

This makes me so angry I can't actually express it in words.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
homeless people are born homeless so i can see why your friend was confused that he acquired normal people possessions

Kleen_TheRacistDog
Feb 17, 2014

Can't bust the Krust fuckman
www.skullmund.com
sometimes when i see homeless baby killers (aka veterans) i think to myself "good."

TacticalUrbanHomo
Aug 17, 2011

by Lowtax

Kleen_TheRowdyDog posted:

sometimes when i see homeless baby killers (aka veterans) i think to myself "good."

next time, think to yourself "99% chance that guy's lying about being a veteran"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neptr
Mar 1, 2011
If that homeless had any gumption, he would trade that cell phone on Craigslist and keep trading until he had a house.

• Locked thread