Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
biddibumbum
Apr 18, 2005
Problem description: I've built myself a shiny new desktop computer, and everything is working, except for the LAN connection. I plug the cable in, and I get the green/orange lights on the pc saying it's connected, lights on the router saying it's connected, but windows is saying there's no cable connected. Not sure if it's more likely to be an OS or a motherboard problem.

Attempted fixes: I've reset the router/pc, tried every cable in the house, updated the motherboard BIOS, all to no avail

Recent changes: It's a new setup I built and turned on today. The only thing I carried over from my last PC were my HDDs/SSDs

--

Operating system: Windows 7 64bit

System specs:
CPU: Intel i5 6600k
Motherboard: Asus z170 pro gaming
Graphics: MSI geforce gtx970 gaming 4g
RAM: Kingston hyper fury X 16GB DDR4 2133
PSU: Seasonic 520W M12 II Bronze
HDD: 1TB WD blue, 1TB WD green
SSD: Intel 520 120GB, Intel 520 180GB

I have Googled and read the FAQ: Yes

EDIT: Problem is solved, turned out to be a problem with old drivers. Uninstalled them, installed the new ones, everything is now peachy.

biddibumbum fucked around with this message at 15:07 on Oct 7, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alereon
Feb 6, 2004

Dehumanize yourself and face to Trumpshed
College Slice
Install the latest drivers from the Intel website. Also, confirm you have no third-party antivirus/firewall/internet security software installed.

• Locked thread