Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
im gay
This poll is closed.
Darth Vader did nothing wrong 44 44.44%
Goku™ 55 55.56%
Total: 99 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
penus penus penus
Nov 9, 2014

by piss__donald

ANIME IS BLOOD posted:

because if they're not retard mouthbreathing idiots they'll notice that EA has a consistent pattern of hyping games up prior to commercial release, and then the commercial release throwing light on all the horrible problems with the game (ME3's poo poo ending, SimCity 5's poo poo everything), followed by EA bringing devastation on the hapless ruined corpse of the formerly beloved studios involved (R.I.P. Maxis, Westwood, and many others), followed by chucklefucks like you and others ITT saying "lol waht's so bad about EA" and eagerly lapping up the next dribbly poo poo to fall out of their assholes

throw gamers off of tall buildings

but... games... arent that important :confused: :(

already loving the rage quits in the beta.

"THIS GAME loving SUCKS gently caress ALL OF YOU" because, in fact, they suck at games. 0/32 yeah id quit too but just own up, its not like anybody should be proud of being good at a videogame

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Obstacle2
Dec 21, 2004
feels good man

ANIME IS BLOOD posted:

because if they're not retard mouthbreathing idiots they'll notice that EA has a consistent pattern of hyping games up prior to commercial release, and then the commercial release throwing light on all the horrible problems with the game (ME3's poo poo ending, SimCity 5's poo poo everything), followed by EA bringing devastation on the hapless ruined corpse of the formerly beloved studios involved (R.I.P. Maxis, Westwood, and many others), followed by chucklefucks like you and others ITT saying "lol waht's so bad about EA" and eagerly lapping up the next dribbly poo poo to fall out of their assholes

:goonsay:

Your Rain
Nov 29, 2006
All those born beneath an angry star.
It's just another lovely rehash of battlefield. Who cares

Commie NedFlanders
Mar 8, 2014

thathonkey posted:

unironically all of the best ones. such as x-wing vs TIE fighter.

More like Jedi Knight II: Jedi Academy

Commie NedFlanders
Mar 8, 2014

Idk if I should spend :10bux: re activating my Xbox live account to play this or just getting some psychoactive substance instead

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Frog Act posted:

i wanted to hate it b/c of the absence of a server browser or community servers but the gameplay is good and it seems very well optimized. it runs way better than BF4 and looks good

yeah BF4 and BF3 was really bad.. this is actually... more fun to play than those games... but it's kind of a shallow foot-deep fun that think it'll get boring and uninteresting pretty quick, and the game may die out pretty quick like titanfall. i think i will have gotten more than enough from the beta and have no interest in spending money on it at least.

still doesnt even hold the barest candle to how fun BC2 was--perhaps nothing ever will :rip:

Xaris fucked around with this message at 02:52 on Oct 10, 2015

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy
I got bored really quickly playing this and I know that it's unfair to say that about a beta test but honestly these things are basically a marketing tool and this one failed to make me want to play more.

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

Commie NedFlanders posted:

Idk if I should spend :10bux: re activating my Xbox live account to play this or just getting some psychoactive substance instead

Psychoactive substance and it's not even close

ColoradoCleric
Dec 26, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
It's really mediocre and not worth the $60 they're gonna charge for it.

Norton
Feb 18, 2006

getting killed by the following sucks:

darth vader
luke skywalker
at-at
at-st
sniper rifle
x-wing
tie fighter
turrets
orbital strike

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

ashgromnies
Jun 19, 2004

ANIME IS BLOOD posted:

actually you seem to be the one that cares much about gaming, ergo, i declare you the gamer, whom off a bridge should be tossed.

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW
Nah op. Its an EA game.

SD87
Jun 7, 2011
Bad company 2 is the best forever

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

It's a fun game and anyone who can't have fun playing this game is probably a sad sack living a sad life posting on GBS hating everything. Or maybe just taking the game way too seriously.

I just got to fly my first tie fighter and it was good times until I kamikazed into an AT-AT. Dark Helmet will not be pleased.

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k
I watched my son play it last night. He had to wait until after school and dinner and homework to play and kept getting owned by cheeto nerds who leveled up all day sitting in their poo poo filled underwear. I had a few beers and enjoyed watching him get blown away every two seconds. He got better though. We'll probably get the game but it will gather dust while he plays fallout four. Thanks for reading. Take it easy, sleazy.

Fushigi Yuugi fansub
Jan 20, 2007

BUTT STUFF
http://apina.biz/135224.webm (might be nsfw)

hmmmm yes this game looks v promising

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
i tried the beta and it was bad, dont bother getting the game. theres not even seperate classes or anything unique to the sides or anything to really make it very fun. bad game imo

Doflamingo
Sep 20, 2006

Pawn 17 posted:

It's a fun game and anyone who can't have fun playing this game is probably a sad sack living a sad life posting on GBS hating everything. Or maybe just taking the game way too seriously.

I just got to fly my first tie fighter and it was good times until I kamikazed into an AT-AT. Dark Helmet will not be pleased.

So what's it like not having any standards

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
Fun Shoe
It's not fun. When you start you don't have poo poo apart from the default rifle, and every other fucker is zipping all over the place with jetpacks and stuff. It might seem cool to be able to fire *authentic star wars guns* at first but after a while it just makes you wish it was a machine gun or a rifle or whatever. I guess it looks pretty nice, and runs really well on my GTX 750ti, but this is a 2 thumbs down from me, Important Video Games Opinions Guy.

Sancho
Jul 18, 2003

Laggy as gently caress on xbone/wireless. Reminds me of how games in the 2000's worked when you got hosed for having lovely internet instead of modern games where I'm rewarded for it.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
looks boring and i donthave a ps4 or pc. also im not gay.

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

after playing for a few more hours i'm still impressed but it doesn't have the depth for any real staying power. it's all just very dumbed down and arcadey, with the infinite grenades, card system, no weapon customization that i can see, the bizarre pickup system that really isn't appropriate for a battlefield type game, and so on

that being said though the shooting is solid and i had a pretty good time owning dudes on hoth in one of those cannon towers, got a 15 kill streak just blasting stormtroopers trying to enter the trenches so that was nice.

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

Bardeh posted:

It's not fun. When you start you don't have poo poo apart from the default rifle, and every other fucker is zipping all over the place with jetpacks and stuff. It might seem cool to be able to fire *authentic star wars guns* at first but after a while it just makes you wish it was a machine gun or a rifle or whatever. I guess it looks pretty nice, and runs really well on my GTX 750ti, but this is a 2 thumbs down from me, Important Video Games Opinions Guy.

i've messed with three of the four available blasters and they all seem to have distinct differences, the problem is the E-11 seems objectively better than the other two which fire slightly faster but are inaccurate as hell and do lovely damage. haven't tried the machine-gun one yet because you have to be rank 5 to unlock it but it seems to be basically like the LMGs in other BF games

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
I think I found it harder to move through the terrain than shooting people, so their level designers should go back to school and tighten up level 2.

Other than that, maps needs to be bigger, a lot bigger.

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

SD87 posted:

carl gustav praise him

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

SD87 posted:

bad company 2 was cool, then EA made me transfer it to an origin account and it took my CD key without giving me the game then said my CD key was already used

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The rat says squee
May 6, 2007
What else should they say?
Cross posting from the PYF gif thread:

• Locked thread