Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mandator
Aug 28, 2007

her family had written their initials on the bottom of her possessions to claim them after her death?

My friend's family did this to her grandma (who I truly believe Lucille was based off of) and did not realize it was weird to claim items (lightly with a pencil!) until seeing it parodied on Arrested Development. Her aunts even fought over broaches.

She said it didn't seem weird because of how awful her grandmother is.

Is this a normal thing? Do other people do this?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mandator
Aug 28, 2007

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
I'm hay

Pulp Can Move
Oct 4, 2012

Kuato posted:

I'm hay

quoting before edit lol

Mandator
Aug 28, 2007

I was going to make a hay is for horses joke, but c'mon, we're all a little too highbrow for that.

Mandator
Aug 28, 2007

*faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaart*

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

Buglord

Pulp Can Move posted:

quoting before edit lol

hosed up if false

Horniest Manticore
Nov 23, 2013

Hello, you!
Lipstick Apathy
this show is the most overrated thing

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

Mandator posted:

her family had written their initials on the bottom of her possessions to claim them after her death?

My friend's family did this to her grandma (who I truly believe Lucille was based off of) and did not realize it was weird to claim items (lightly with a pencil!) until seeing it parodied on Arrested Development. Her aunts even fought over broaches.

She said it didn't seem weird because of how awful her grandmother is.

Is this a normal thing? Do other people do this?

no i dont remember that

STABASS
Apr 18, 2009

Fun Shoe
I put my initials on my dad's Arrested Development dvd boxset, I don't actually have a device that can play dvds but

Horniest Manticore
Nov 23, 2013

Hello, you!
Lipstick Apathy
HER??

haha that's a reference to the show

Mandator
Aug 28, 2007

Parallax Scroll posted:

no i dont remember that

oh well maybe you don't have arrested development streaming 24/7 on a huge rear end plasma tv (retro, don't even make them anymore) because you are poor

Mandator
Aug 28, 2007

Mandator posted:

oh well maybe you don't have arrested development streaming 24/7 on a huge rear end plasma tv (retro, don't even make them anymore) because you are poor

man, i'm sorry, i don't even mean that, i like you. i am just having a hard time right now

Mandator
Aug 28, 2007

listen, this thread isn't about the quality of arrested development

i know gbs hates it, gbs hate consumes any and all media of any relevance, including itself

this is about my friend living the life of arrested development, a show that was cancelled for being un-relatable to most americans

Mandator
Aug 28, 2007

like, her grandma took her grandkids to the country club pool, did water aerobics, and then left without letting them swim

that is straight out of arrested development

Horniest Manticore
Nov 23, 2013

Hello, you!
Lipstick Apathy
when you posted this thread, op, i think, heh...

I THINK YOU MADE A HUGE MISTAKE

haha, oh dear...

Mandator
Aug 28, 2007

hah, let's tell arrested development jokes, haha

i wish i could force a forget-me-not into your mouth on the day you decided to sign up for somethingawful

Mandator
Aug 28, 2007

haha oh man, lordy

Horniest Manticore
Nov 23, 2013

Hello, you!
Lipstick Apathy
I BLUE MYSELF ahaha see it sounds like he said "i blew myself" and everyone thinks he's gay, that's why it's funny

Mandator
Aug 28, 2007

Horniest Manticore posted:

I BLUE MYSELF ahaha see it sounds like he said "i blew myself" and everyone thinks he's gay, that's why it's funny

i don't think we'd get along in real life

like, i'm almost positive

Mandator
Aug 28, 2007

name one thing that you like

just one piece of media

just one

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

no actually the gag is he's constantly saying gay sounding poo poo like that then is confused and upset when people think he's gay

idiot

Doctor Dogballs
Apr 1, 2007

driving the fuck truck from hand land to pound town without stopping at suction station

i like turtles

Horniest Manticore
Nov 23, 2013

Hello, you!
Lipstick Apathy

Mandator posted:

just one piece of media

just one

well, anime obviously

Mandator
Aug 28, 2007

*watches critically acclaimed show*

what is this derivative bullshit?

*sips ipa, puts on frank zappa vinyl*

i guess i'm just... a little ahead of my time

Mandator
Aug 28, 2007

well, anime obviously

no, i'm being completely serious, name one thing that you like

Horniest Manticore
Nov 23, 2013

Hello, you!
Lipstick Apathy

Mandator posted:

no, i'm being completely serious, name one thing that you like

nah

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

Buglord
was a good show, and i was pretty obnoxious in my fanhood. went to film school in summer of '06 and met all these important people and when it came to Q&A all i ever asked was "how can they cancel it when it was renewed for a few more seasons??? it doesn't make any sense!!!!!!" and these producers and directors just said, "uh, i don't know, anyway, about filmmaking..."

Mandator
Aug 28, 2007

i'm going to guess you can't talk about your hobbies without using tor and a vpn

and i don't think you use them to go to silk road

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

Mandator posted:

just one piece of media

just one
poor little white boy 2

Horniest Manticore
Nov 23, 2013

Hello, you!
Lipstick Apathy

Mandator posted:

i'm going to guess you can't talk about your hobbies without using tor and a vpn

and i don't think you use them to go to silk road

spoiler: living dolls are a hoax

New Coke
Nov 28, 2009

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

Someone had to say it. Not to say that it's true, but that it's the most predictable gbs response ever

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth

Parallax Scroll posted:

no i dont remember that

Mandator
Aug 28, 2007

New Coke posted:

Someone had to say it. Not to say that it's true, but that it's the most predictable gbs response ever

a new coke that won't leave a bad taste in your mouth

i bet this dude could name one piece of media that he likes, probably because he isn't afraid of having the wrong internet opinion

Mandator
Aug 28, 2007

rear end cobra posted:

no i dont remember that

"On the eve of her trial, she goes to grab a few of her possessions in case things don’t turn out in her favor, and she discovers her family’s been labeling her stuff so they can divvy it up when she’s gone"

http://www.pastemagazine.com/articles/2013/05/arrested-development-review-queen-b-episode-410.html

TacticalUrbanHomo
Aug 17, 2011

by Lowtax

human being

Horniest Manticore
Nov 23, 2013

Hello, you!
Lipstick Apathy

STEVE HOLT

haha, get it? that's from the show, they said it more than once