Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Maximum Leader
Dec 5, 2014
if dell bought VMware I'd buy Citrix stock like MAD

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

Maximum Leader posted:

if dell bought VMware I'd buy Citrix stock like MAD
dell bought vmware (well vmwares parent company emc)

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

distortion park
Apr 25, 2011

Countdown to mass layoffs/lawsuits trying to shift blame away from dell management

SO DEMANDING
Dec 27, 2003

hey now imagine if instead oracle had bought EMC! :prepop:

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

SO DEMANDING posted:

hey now imagine if instead oracle had bought EMC! :prepop:

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

:suicide:

Migishu
Oct 22, 2005

I'll eat your fucking eyeballs if you're not careful

Grimey Drawer
imagine if HP bought Citrix

SO DEMANDING
Dec 27, 2003

graph posted:

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
we're going to charge based on how many cores your physical server has...and then apply a multiplier based on how many virtual CPUs you end up using eh-hehehehe :getin:

Migishu posted:

imagine if HP bought Citrix
i wanna emptyquote this and change "if" to "when", but considering HP just split in two and prior to that was the whole autonomy fuckup ehhhhh i dunno

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

apparently silverlake partners tried to sell off dell's pc business but nobody wanted it

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
wonder if you'll get a deal if you happen to be contracted for enterprise support with Dell already

cowboy beepboop
Feb 24, 2001

switch to xenserver imo

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Fabricated posted:

wonder if you'll get a deal if you happen to be contracted for enterprise support with Dell already

it will be 7 years until emc even have a way of finding out if youre an existing dell customer without phoning a dell part of the company and having to wait in a queue with everyone else

the sonicwall acquisition was in 2012 and they only just unified the support request system with the rest of dells software division

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
wish Monsanto had bought AMD

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮

my stepdads beer posted:

switch to xenserver imo

hyper-v :razz:

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

Thanks Ants posted:

it will be 7 years until emc even have a way of finding out if youre an existing dell customer without phoning a dell part of the company and having to wait in a queue with everyone else

the sonicwall acquisition was in 2012 and they only just unified the support request system with the rest of dells software division
I know, I was just hoping we could get something out of it since we pay shitloads of money for their support anyway :smith:

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Yesterday there was a town hall thing and Mickey D was like "I'm really pleased to have bought you, I didn't buy the great EMC products but also the incredible staff".
Joe then goes, ok well Michael has to leave now cya Michael and that's it we got ten minutes of attention from our new leader.

I think I'll move to Pivotal before they IPO

CamH
Apr 11, 2008

i am switching to virtualbox :smug:

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
I guess I should tell that VMware recruiter that's been hounding me that lol I don't want to work for dell

jre
Sep 2, 2011

To the cloud ?

my stepdads beer posted:

switch to xenserver ? lmao

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

xenserver is unpolished as hell compared to vmware but the licensing isnt some sql server/oracle level of bullshit yet

not cool that they require a support contract to use the vGPU poo poo now with the latest version, it's one of the only things it does better

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cowboy beepboop
Feb 24, 2001

actually its good

• Locked thread