Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Roargasm
Oct 21, 2010

Hate to sound sleazy
But tease me
I don't want it if it's that easy
:synpa:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

He was warrior and mystic, ogre and saint, the fox and the innocent, chivalrous, ruthless, less than a god, more than a man.

dad gay. so what posted:

they both like to go "a wassailing" at chrismas time

i <3 you so much bud

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW
There are no extreme goons because all goons are extreme.

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

You can't pull rank on murder.

I touch my head to the ground five times a day but its more because of diabetes

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien

Jimbone Tallshanks posted:

I touch my head to the ground five times a day but its more because of diabetes

It's actually the third stage of syphilis

Murray Mantoinette
Jun 11, 2005

THE  POSTS  MUST  FLOW
Clapping Larry
The younger generations, who are both largely unaffected by the hardships of their parents' and grandparents' generations and also feel that they don't quite fit into modern society, are very easily led to believe that extreme solutions will change the world for the better.

Not fitting in, they narcissistically feel that the problem must be society at large, and therefore such a society is wrong or unjust, often unable to pinpoint exactly how, but quite certain that the problem is not themselves.

Untouched by the tribulations of previous generations, they overestimate their ability to endure hardships, and also feel that such hardships are a necessary condition of a good life. While their parents worked so hard to ensure that they would have comfort and safety, the younger ones feel that this lack somehow leaves them incomplete and so they, often recklessly, go to actively seek it out.

Thus you have an out of touch younger generation out of place in its own society, easily misdirected, and easily assured that violence and upheaval are a sure fix for a lost and rudderless society.

I'm writing up a post on Muslims that will follow soon.

TapTheForwardAssist
Apr 9, 2007

Pretty Little Lyres
Judging from the ISIS twitter feed, both groups are really into cat memes. Seriously.

Both groups feel that charities, not government, should tend to the needy. Just Muslims actually pay zakat tithes to make this happen, while goons handwave it away as "someone (not me) will donate to charity to take up the slack."

TapTheForwardAssist
Apr 9, 2007

Pretty Little Lyres
Islamic scriptures are only valid in the original Arabic.

Compare with ADTRW's firm "subs, not dubs" stance.

Murray Mantoinette
Jun 11, 2005

THE  POSTS  MUST  FLOW
Clapping Larry
:captainpop:

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

"When the eagles are silent, the parrots begin to jabber."

Grimey Drawer

TapTheForwardAssist posted:

Judging from the ISIS twitter feed, both groups are really into cat memes. Seriously.
:crossarms:

What the hell does an ISIS cat meme even... what.

angelklaine
Jun 10, 2015

Servant of Ruth and master of none.
They both like to ruin other people's fun.

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
ISIS really isn't that bad when you think about it, in fact they're pretty cool.

les fleurs du mall
Jun 30, 2014

by LadyAmbien

st1LL_51ngl3 posted:

The younger generations, who are both largely unaffected by the hardships of their parents' and grandparents' generations and also feel that they don't quite fit into modern society, are very easily led to believe that extreme solutions will change the world for the better.

Not fitting in, they narcissistically feel that the problem must be society at large, and therefore such a society is wrong or unjust, often unable to pinpoint exactly how, but quite certain that the problem is not themselves.

Untouched by the tribulations of previous generations, they overestimate their ability to endure hardships, and also feel that such hardships are a necessary condition of a good life. While their parents worked so hard to ensure that they would have comfort and safety, the younger ones feel that this lack somehow leaves them incomplete and so they, often recklessly, go to actively seek it out.

Thus you have an out of touch younger generation out of place in its own society, easily misdirected, and easily assured that violence and upheaval are a sure fix for a lost and rudderless society.

I'm writing up a post on Muslims that will follow soon.

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
i watched a documentary on visiting mecca so i dont need to get a passport

Salem Saberhagen
Feb 23, 2009
Would I enjoy an Islamic State of Iraq and Serial "cat meme"? Would I understand the joke? GIS turned up nothing good btw...

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Salem Saberhagen posted:

Would I enjoy an Islamic State of Iraq and Serial "cat meme"? Would I understand the joke? GIS turned up nothing good btw...

sounds like your ISIS browser add-on is working fine. maybe you should spend more time praying and less time looking for funny cat pictures?

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

a bone to pick posted:

2.) Have unkempt and overgrown facial and pubic hair.

actually muzzies are pretty strict on the grooming of body and pubic hair so that's +1 to muslims

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

Tendai posted:

im guessing something something death to jews and look cats!

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Tendai posted:

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013
Both just watched Michael Douglas in the movie The Game.

TapTheForwardAssist
Apr 9, 2007

Pretty Little Lyres
At differing times and for differing reasons, but both have been forcibly ejected from Spain.

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot
goons are oily and muslim countries have a lot of oil

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

mdm posted:

goons are oily and muslim countries have a lot of oil

coincidence?

mehmedbasic
Jul 6, 2015