Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Grittybeard posted:

The playoffs are so goddamned tense. I can't think of anything quite like that feeling in other sports, like overtime playoff hockey is amazing but things are happening so fast it's a lot different. The pace of the game makes for a lot of sitting there being terrified.

Oh hey, leading baseball games is good. Do more of that Royals.

Yea the slow pace of the game creates a very unique environment. Of course that means like 90% of the games we watch are 'yep, that was a thing' with a few neat moments, but for poo poo like this when you just sit there watching guys size eachother up with high stakes and all I don't think any other sport has an atmosphere like that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sandpuppy
Jun 16, 2012

Social Abscess
of the
Universe
How the gently caress does a current player not know the rules about beating throws at first?

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Oh NOW you put Sipp in

illcendiary
Dec 4, 2005

Damn, this is good coffee.
Should have brought in Sipp before Perez if you were gonna use him anyway

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
I guess they were just teasing us, building the Sipp anticipation.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Hinch has made some really questionable bullpen decisions this season, pretty much the one aspect of the game where the manager has a real impact on the outcome

Zythrst
May 31, 2011

Time to join a revolution son, its going to be yooge!

Tatum Girlparts posted:

Yea the slow pace of the game creates a very unique environment. Of course that means like 90% of the games we watch are 'yep, that was a thing' with a few neat moments, but for poo poo like this when you just sit there watching guys size eachother up with high stakes and all I don't think any other sport has an atmosphere like that.

Yeah the two tensest moments I've had was having 3k in a pot in NLHE and watching Game 6 2011 and I'm not sure the 3k wins that.

illcendiary
Dec 4, 2005

Damn, this is good coffee.

Tatum Girlparts posted:

I guess they were just teasing us, building the Sipp anticipation.

You mean antiSippation :downsrim:

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Evan Drellich ‏@EvanDrellich 5m5 minutes ago
Astros when trailing after 7 innings: 8-54

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Welp time to head home and listen in the car, game'll probably be over by the time I get there so be good thread

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

Grittybeard posted:

The playoffs are so goddamned tense. I can't think of anything quite like that feeling in other sports, like overtime playoff hockey is amazing but things are happening so fast it's a lot different. The pace of the game makes for a lot of sitting there being terrified.

Agreed. It sucks that the Phillies are terrible now but I still remember how worked up I'd get watching a game. Now I can just sort of sit back and watch the crazy unfold without much of a stake in it, other than hoping teams that always win don't win.

edit: also great inning from ex-Phillie Ryan Madson there. Glad he's back in the game :unsmith:

Tatum Girlparts posted:

Playoff hockey is the closest thing I think, but even after being in DC for 5 years and following the Caps I still don't know that much about hockey, other than I like it but not enough to obsessively follow like football.

Sandpuppy
Jun 16, 2012

Social Abscess
of the
Universe
Hell yeah Madson

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

axeil posted:

Agreed. It sucks that the Phillies are terrible now but I still remember how worked up I'd get watching a game. Now I can just sort of sit back and watch the crazy unfold without much of a stake in it, other than hoping teams that always win don't win.

edit: also great inning from ex-Phillie Ryan Madson there. Glad he's back in the game :unsmith:

Playoff hockey is the closest thing I think, but even after being in DC for 5 years and following the Caps I still don't know that much about hockey, other than I like it but not enough to obsessively follow like football.

Yea I love hockey too and it gets close to the same thing but with different vibes. Both very unique feelings for the sports.

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe
moose has hit the two hardest hit balls in major league history today and both were so at springer he didn't even have to move to catch them

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe
also i feel like this shift thing has maybe jumped the shark a little bit

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Where is the outfield

Sandpuppy
Jun 16, 2012

Social Abscess
of the
Universe
The throttle returns!

alpha_destroy
Mar 23, 2010

Billy Butler: Fat Guy by Day, Doubles Machine by Night
Finally made it off campus. I'm surprised at the state of things. Go Royals.

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe
what we need, here, is maximum wade davis

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
What in the holy name of god are you doing being a pinch hitter and watching 3 straight strikes god dammit Lowrie

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Well that's not what you want out of a pinch runner.

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
gently caress he's out

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe
that is out and wasn't really close. what a bad initial call, goddamn

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Needed that one, good job guys.

Sandpuppy
Jun 16, 2012

Social Abscess
of the
Universe
YESSS!!

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe
We won :toot:

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe
i bet we beat keuchel. BOOK IT

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

alpha_destroy
Mar 23, 2010

Billy Butler: Fat Guy by Day, Doubles Machine by Night
:toot:gonna get good and drunk tonight:toot:

Then imma get drunk tomorrow as Mizzou loses homecoming. But today was good.

• Locked thread