Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
I hope this game was more indicative of the series as a whole. Not so much the Cubs winning (although I like that part :v:) but the fact that both teams looked good and post season worthy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

hey chicago what do you say.

God I hate that loving song.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Go Cubs Go!

DrPossum
May 15, 2004

i am not a surgeon
this is going to be a fun series I think

Dexo posted:

I posted a better one

fake edit:

go cubs go

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Dexo posted:

never dinger bunt today

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

:toot:

Looking forward to when Bryant Rizzo and Castro get hot

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
Hell yes, Cuba rule.

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

Dexo posted:

He had to write it to make up for "A Dying Cubs Fan's Last Request". As if the team had any right getting upset at that song.

e. :goonsay:

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Bilirubin posted:

Castro's just been unlucky as poo poo it seems. He's had a couple of really hard hit balls that just go right to a defender.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Bilirubin posted:

He had to write it to make up for "A Dying Cubs Fan's Last Request". As if the team had any right getting upset at that song.

e. :goonsay:

"i'm gonna die and we're never gonna win and at least in death im free of rooting for a team that will never win" is the most cubs song possible

Islam is the Lite Rock FM
Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

Bilirubin posted:

Has to be good deep dish the night before or something for Bryant. Ain't gonna find any good pizza in St Louis.

Go Cubs Go!

Sarcastro
Dec 28, 2000
Elite member of the Grammar Nazi Squad that

Literally The Worst posted:

"i'm gonna die and we're never gonna win and at least in death im free of rooting for a team that will never win" is the most cubs song possible

Even as a kid, the line "Have Keith Moreland drop a routine fly" struck me as a great lyric.

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

My favorite was his ashes winding up on Waveland Ave since whenever I went to games with my dad and his friends we sat in left field

GET MY BELT SON
Sep 26, 2007

congrats everybody

great effort from all of you guys

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
I'm going to have to watch the replay of this game tomorrow.

gently caress you, Cardinals.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Retail Slave posted:

I'm going to have to watch the replay of this game tomorrow.

gently caress you, Cardinals.

it was a good game. there were bunts, and dingers.

GET MY BELT SON
Sep 26, 2007

I wasn't able to listen while at work because of lovely rear end vols football

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002

a large trout posted:

I wasn't able to listen while at work because of lovely rear end vols football

Can't you listen on a free cell phone app like Tune In Radio?

CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

Where the big boys RAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGH FUCK YOU

Ragnarok the Red posted:

Can't you listen on a free cell phone app like Tune In Radio?

MLB makes radio stations play alternative programming on their streams outside of the At Bat stuff. WBBM plays the Cubs games but if you go to their stream during play you get an alternate feed of their normal news programming. You might find a stream here or there that's playing it but every official stream should be playing either alternate programs or a "Due to MLB rules..." message

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002

CubsWoo posted:

MLB makes radio stations play alternative programming on their streams outside of the At Bat stuff. WBBM plays the Cubs games but if you go to their stream during play you get an alternate feed of their normal news programming. You might find a stream here or there that's playing it but every official stream should be playing either alternate programs or a "Due to MLB rules..." message

Oh, maybe it was because they were on ESPN radio but I was able to listen to the to the Rangers/Jays and Astros/Royals games Thursday and Friday. Thought this one would be available too.

CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

Where the big boys RAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGH FUCK YOU

Ragnarok the Red posted:

Oh, maybe it was because they were on ESPN radio but I was able to listen to the to the Rangers/Jays and Astros/Royals games Thursday and Friday. Thought this one would be available too.

ESPN sometimes works (station-dependent) but local/home team broadcasts are locked out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GET MY BELT SON
Sep 26, 2007

yeh normally I hear cardinals bb on my local espn affiliate since we're relatively close geographically but i guess vols football trumps everything here

it wouldn't be so god drat bad if the pregame and post game shows weren't 2 hours each. it's complete bullshit having to listen to dumb hicks on the "vols call-in show". it's like listening to the wild and wonderful whites of west virginia for hours on end.

I'd rather hear Mike Shannon mewl about his scotch glass being empty

• Locked thread