Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Spandex Bonerlord
Sep 30, 2014

Sex is good, so logic would dictate that it's polite to tell someone to have sex.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

powerofrecall
Jun 26, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Hey op! gently caress you!!!

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms
because its not meant in a sexual way but mor eof a "I hope you get hosed over"

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Words don't really mean anything, people just hear them and change them to mean what they were thinking in their headbrain.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
why is 'gently caress' considered bad in the first place?

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord

ClamdestineBoyster posted:

Words don't really mean anything, people just hear them and change them to mean what they were thinking in their headbrain.

This guy knows what's up. Everything we see and do is just a distraction from the fact none of this matters. Open your mind duders

insulated staircase
Aug 21, 2014

it's a form of slut shaming

Spandex Bonerlord
Sep 30, 2014

Ahundredbux posted:

because its not meant in a sexual way but mor eof a "I hope you get hosed over"
But who doesn't like getting hosed over and over?

Does this mean that the cute cashier at Rite Aid really does want to go out on a date with me, and that it's just coming out wrong?

powerofrecall posted:

Hey op! gently caress you!!!
Awwww, thanks I hope I get to gently caress soon too.

powerofrecall
Jun 26, 2009

by R. Guyovich

DaveSplitter posted:

Hey BUDDY I hope you get hosed OVER, and over again

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Kuato posted:

This guy knows what's up. Everything we see and do is just a distraction from the fact none of this matters. Open your mind duders

That's why when you say things to people that they weren't thinking in their headbrain they turn into social justice "warriors", because they are trying to inflict justice for people being social and not sticking to pre-determined modalities of human behavior and expected responses to provocation. So to some people "gently caress you" means "hey I should keep talking to this guy because I was expecting him to say 'gently caress you' in my headbrain and everything is right on track and how it should be so I'm just going to keep smiling and provoking them until they too turn into a social justice warrior and we all have the same thoughts in our headbrains. I don't have to worry about emotional connections or any sense of shame for being a dickhead because I have no real emotional stake in this poo poo. Only social justice."

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

DaveSplitter posted:

Does this mean that the cute cashier at Rite Aid really does want to go out on a date with me, and that it's just coming out wrong?

Awwww, thanks I hope I get to gently caress soon too.

What you should really do is a computerized facial analysis on her and compare her expressions with a database of people expressing various human emotions, and then make a determination on her sexual disposition towards you based on those results. If it doesn't come out good find some way to convince her to paralyze parts of her face so the computer analysis comes out good.

ClamdestineBoyster fucked around with this message at 19:16 on Oct 12, 2015

insulated staircase
Aug 21, 2014

That's why when you say things to people that they weren't thinking in their headbrain they turn into social justice "warriors", because they are trying to inflict justice for people being social and not sticking to pre-determined modalities of human behavior and expected responses to provocation. So to some people "gently caress you" means "hey I should keep talking to this guy because I was expecting him to say 'gently caress you' in my headbrain and everything is right on track and how it should be so I'm just going to keep smiling and provoking them until they too turn into a social justice warrior and we all have the same thoughts in our headbrains. I don't have to worry about emotional connections or any sense of shame for being a dickhead because I have no real emotional stake in this poo poo. Only social justice."

dang thats a good post

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
due to the associated emotional outburst

emotion is something only felt by non-autistic, non-sociopathic people

Obligatory Handle
Feb 27, 2004

by Lowtax
I said "puck you," miss.

BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax
Having a dick put inside you can sometimes be unpleasant.

It seems basically like "loving" in this case is the act of being penetrated, aka dominated, aka screwed, aka mounted, aka pounded aka taken to pound town aka i'm gay

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009
It's a way to hit on people you hate, OP. Hate-loving is a mutually fulfilling experience.

If it's an insult, you can pretend you didn't mean it that way unless the other person's down.

RadioactiveKid
Aug 12, 2005

Gato Rebelde
because gently caress you that's why

spank my snatch
Jun 4, 2009

BottledBodhisvata posted:

It seems basically like "loving" in this case is the act of being penetrated, aka dominated, aka screwed, aka mounted, aka pounded aka taken to pound town aka i'm gay

yeah it's more like saying "get raped"

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Blurry Gray Thing posted:

It's a way to hit on people you hate, OP. Hate-loving is a mutually fulfilling experience.

If it's an insult, you can pretend you didn't mean it that way unless the other person's down.

Sounds like you got it all figured out. You should just go out and take that idea for a spin in society.

Spandex Bonerlord
Sep 30, 2014

This actually sounds not bad at all AKA good.

BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax
Lenny Bruce literally did this as one of his bits.

Unfuck yourself OP

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!
Yuck Fou

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
The things he said were good. The things he said were bad. Why didn't he just exclusively use the words "good" and "bad" to communicate? I can't tell if I should be angry or sad.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

It is kind of interesting that most of the ways you'd describe someone as getting the short end of the stick are also euphemisms for sex though. Boned, screwed, hosed, pretty consistent trend.

BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax

ArbitraryC posted:

It is kind of interesting that most of the ways you'd describe someone as getting the short end of the stick are also euphemisms for sex though. Boned, screwed, hosed, pretty consistent trend.

Sex can be pretty gross.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

jiharlequinade posted:

yeah it's more like saying "get raped"

I dunno if that's the intent so much as the subtle social implication that being on the receiving end of sex is more shameful/degrading which meshes up pretty well with slut shaming.

BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax
Being on the receiving end of sex is an inherently submissive act, even if you take into account things like "power bottoms" and whatnot. To "get hosed" is to be rendered vulnerable by something else. Sex is an intimate act that opens both sides of it to various vulnerabilities, but you are quite defenseless if somebody is on top of you AND inside you. There's little you can do to fight them off, while they are in a position to do anything they may want to you.

So, getting hosed is putting you in a weakened position, and so as an insult, it is utilizing the power play in sex as a form of insult--instead of loving something, you instead are hosed, so you go from dominant to submissive, which might be inherently humiliating.

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I don't really like to think of women as much more than dolls I do stuff to. Actually no wait, I'm not really turned on by that. Pillow princesses gotta pull their weight.

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.
if you hear "loving poo poo" and you're like "yes, because having sex with poo is bad" you're being lightweight autistic tbh

the word itself just has enough negative connotations that it can take the form of an imperative irrespective of whether that would, in either person's mind, be a bad thing if taken literally as an explicit instruction. it's vulgar enough and old enough that it's grammatically flexible and usage doesn't have to make literal sense.

"gently caress it to hell" haha does that mean somebody should have sexual intercourse with it constantly until it is cast into the pit by jesus on judgement day? if that helps you understand it lil buddy
what actually matters is what's being expressed, which is to say callous and offensive disregard

BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax
Sex is a good and sacred act and should be regarded with respect and sincerity.

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
It's like when you are telling people you don't want to have sex with them, well that's bad because sex is good, so naturally somebody not involved in the immediate dialog is going to get mad at you for not having sex with the other person, as a social justice warrior.

Smelly Bohemian
Aug 20, 2015

by Lowtax
get raped, OP

ghosTTy
Sep 22, 2008

fuk u

text editor
Jan 8, 2007
as a member of the incel community, i find people throwing around the phrase 'gently caress you' as a curse insulting

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
please op, i genuinely mean this from the bottom of my heart, but i implore, you must, absolutely must, go gently caress yourself

• Locked thread