Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

Drunk Canuck posted:

:toot:

I'm gonna hyperventilate on Wednesday bring it on

I will be hyperventilating at work, yeah.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goldrush
Sep 27, 2005

~~~No Worries~~~
cool, cloudy, 30% chance of precipitation is current forecast for Wednesday in Toronto, so yeah

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

MakaVillian posted:

It better be nice in Toronto Wednesday so the roof is open

Cloudy, 12 degrees, chance of showers, 30km/h wind gusts.

:smithicide:.

Duke Pukem
Oct 23, 2010

Three cheers for dark beer!

Furnaceface posted:

I'm guessing that's Celsius

MagicCube
May 25, 2004

Furnaceface posted:

Perfect weather. Even better would be November baseball at Exhibition Stadium.

Happy_Misanthrope
Aug 3, 2007

"I wanted to kill you, go to your funeral, and anyone who showed up to mourn you, I wanted to kill them too."

Furnaceface posted:

Not really seeing the problem here, didn't stop us before

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
Driving 10 hours Wednesday with no radio access to a feed. It's going to be horrible :(

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Bruce Kison posted:

I'm guessing that's Celsius

Obviously :canada:

goldrush
Sep 27, 2005

~~~No Worries~~~
Baseball is stupid as hell with these early starts on weekdays, btw. Looking forward to not being able to watch on Wednesday.

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby
Didn't catch the game, why was Dickey pulled up 7-1 on only 78 pitches, and why did Price go in when up 6 runs rather than use the regular bullpen in order to keep him fresh for a start on Wednesday? I guess it's Stroman on normal rest and Price first to relieve?

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

kalensc posted:

Didn't catch the game, why was Dickey pulled up 7-1 on only 78 pitches, and why did Price go in when up 6 runs rather than use the regular bullpen in order to keep him fresh for a start on Wednesday? I guess it's Stroman on normal rest and Price first to relieve?

Because blue jays' pitching situation is tremendously frightening.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008

kalensc posted:

Prevailing theory is that Stroman was apparently always going to start Game 5 and with Cecil injured we needed another Lefty as a reliever. Plus Price is theoretically still available for Game 5 with the day rest in between now and then.

shadok
Dec 12, 2004

You tried to destroy it once before, Commodore.
The result was a wrecked ship and a dead crew.
Fun Shoe

kalensc posted:

Gibby wanted a lefty in for the later innings, particularly against Choo who has hit Dickey well in the past. Price is literally the only lefty they have available: Cecil is out for the season and Loup wasn't even there today (family emergency).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc
You don't really need to be playing the matchup game up 6 runs though; I have an issue with this plan if for some reason Price isn't available on Wednesday, even for a batter or two.

If he's available then it's weird but I'm fine with it.

• Locked thread