Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
plain blue jacket
Jan 13, 2014

IT DOESN'T STOP
IT NEVER STOPS

Applewhite posted:

You could but why?

you of all people should know that science is about pushing the boundries of accepted fact

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

plain blue jacket posted:

you of all people should know that science is about pushing the boundries of accepted fact

Your scientists were so preoccupied with finding out whether they could make a sluttier Applewhite costume, none of them stopped to ask whether they should.

thewireguy
Jul 2, 2013

Nessa posted:

Halloween is, in fact, the best holiday.

Candy is good. I may not eat it as much as I did as a kid, but I still love chocolate and Halloween in the only time you can get chocolate balls that look like eyeballs, or Lindor chocolates that look like jack-o-lanterns.

Costumes are good because dressing up is fun. It's a lot of fun to put together a costume with stuff that you make yourself or find in different places.

Scary things are great. I did most of my decorating the other day. I've got lights shaped like spiders and bats, sparkly bats on a beaded string, a Halloween wreath for my door and a bunch of reusable wall stickers of bats, skulls and ghosts. My office is decorated with spiderweb tablecloths, plush monsters, figurines and candles.

I like Halloween so much that I have extended it into Christmas. I celebrate Ghostmas now. I have a bLack tree with orange lights and spooky decorations and all my gifts are wrapped in Halloween style gift wrapping. Come November, all the Halloween gift bags are super cheap.

Scary movies are the best kinds of movies.

Someday, I hope to live in a house where I can have trick-or-treaters and host a proper Halloween party for once.

The way we do it in Louisiana is decorate the Christmas tree, then after Christmas take off the decorations and hang up Mardi Gras beads.

BigBoss
Jan 26, 2012

by Lowtax
Halloween is the best holiday because it involves candy, freaky sex, and there is no commitment to spend time with your extended family.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy
Wait, you get to have sex? Somebody has been selling me short all these years.

rezatahs
Jun 9, 2001

by Smythe
every day is halloween

subhuman filth
Nov 1, 2006

Halloween it's really bad when you're not single

Cool NIN Shirt
Nov 26, 2007

by vyelkin
Halloween is cool for so many reasons like wow you must be old and married if you dont like it

Dogo
Sep 24, 2007
This year I'm thinking of putting out an empty bowl with a 'Take One' sign to make it look like I tried so my house doesn't get egged.

All these smelly little ungrateful kids ain't gettin any candy from me. They need to go get a job and buy their own goddamn candy. I'm trying to save for retirement over here.

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY
Witches and possessed animals roam the street outside my windows every day.

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
halloween is loving awesome and the op is a huge loser

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K6089Z_NgPk

fuccboi
Jan 5, 2004

by zen death robot

subhuman filth posted:

Halloween it's really bad when you're not single

its not cheating on halloween

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013

Qvindtar posted:

Halloween is the great social equalizer - even the most awkward loving goon can put on a dumb costume and have a good time somewhere.

Also, if you live in a run-down shithole then ur house is already halloween ready 24/7.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI

notZaar posted:

Uh forgetting Xgiving much? It's Christmas tier.

What? Nope. At Christmas you get presents, decorations and holiday specials like Rudolph and poo poo. Thanksgiving is an above average dinner.

Halloween has haunted houses, horror movies, gettin' fuckin' wasted, costumes, pranks, and people with fake dead bodies and poo poo on their lawns. On the 4th of July you get to drive to South Carolina, buy some fireworks that aren't legal in your state and proceed to blow things up and set stuff on fire and hope you don't get caught by the cops.

I suppose St. Patty's and New Year's are all right because they usually involve getting drunk, but you can get drunk on any day of the year if you want.

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

Yeah, why do people like Thanksgiving? We had it here in Canada this past weekend. It's just a family dinner that usually involves turkey. I don't particularly like turkey. I think it is the worst of meats.

Thanksgiving is pretty "meh".

AbbadonOfHell
Jul 16, 2004
You know I would try to think of something funny to put here but ill just pass on that and threaten people with a + 2 board with a nail in it.
Halloween is a good holiday when you figure out where that drat house that gives away Ecstasy tabs as candy is. I'm always hearing about it on social media but I've yet to find it.

barracks haircut
Jun 2, 2010
Halloween music to pumped:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dMiYqsCYCE0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ChlW283_33s

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again
Your face reminds me of a bleak future
Despite the absence of hope
I give you this sacrifice

Arian_Samurai posted:

Halloween is the holiday that has the most fist fights. You'd think it would be St Patrick's day, but no it is Halloween.

One Halloween I saw the Wolfman knock out a guy dressed as Brett Beilema. I think the Wolfman was a UCLA fan or something.

Post your fav Halloween fist fight stories

Wisconsin or Arkansas Brett Beilema?

Also Halloween is bullshit because I don't get 1.5x pay for working it.

Nessa posted:

Yeah, why do people like Thanksgiving? We had it here in Canada this past weekend. It's just a family dinner that usually involves turkey. I don't particularly like turkey. I think it is the worst of meats.

Thanksgiving is pretty "meh".
It's because you Canadians don't do it right. Thanksgiving is the ultimate American holiday because it involves the for greatest American traditions: watching football, overeating, trampling each other to buy a bunch of cheap poo poo, and pissing on the working class by making them work on holidays for slave wages.

Infidel Castro fucked around with this message at 23:02 on Oct 13, 2015

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

I love haloween. It's when all the Christmas stuff starts in stores!

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Please disregard my advice w/r/t history.

Slipknot Hoagie posted:

its not cheating on halloween

YES

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Candy is terrible at makes me feel sick. I cap out at apples.

RaceBannon
Apr 3, 2010

ScratchAndSniff posted:

I happen to be a transsexual currently living in the closet, so halloween is the one day of the year when I can dress the way I feel on the inside. Every year I choose a new female character from a popular movie. My friends all think I'm doing it for laughs, and it is funny because I am kind of feminine-looking and can pass for a woman.

If only they knew...

Post "costume" pics.

Horniest Manticore
Nov 23, 2013

Hello, you!
Lipstick Apathy
counterpoint to the op:

Queen-Of-Hearts
Mar 17, 2009

"I want to break your heart💔 and give you mine🫀"

Breaking news: OP Has been elected Mayor of Wrongsylvania in a stunning landslide at the polls.

cthulusnewzulubbq
Jan 26, 2009

I saw something
NASTY
in the woodshed.

notZaar posted:

Halloween is the most nakedly selfish holiday and I love it.

Horniest Manticore
Nov 23, 2013

Hello, you!
Lipstick Apathy
seriously, halloween in a college town is the loving best

except for the part where you can't touch any of the hot young thangs, but still. the ol' spank bank gets a big bailout, if you catch me

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Horniest Manticore posted:

counterpoint to the op:

Too skinny. 4/10.

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

Halloween rulez get hosed op

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

Applewhite posted:

Music: Monster Mash remains the only good Halloween song. The others are forgettable at best.

That's a funny way to spell Werewolf Bar Mitzvah
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A6V2oCX3Hn4

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

Applewhite posted:

Easter only very narrowly escapes being the worst holiday by virtue of being low effort. You can cruise by Easter without much trouble. It is easily the second worst holiday though.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL

counterpoint to the op:

those whores will burn in hell

ChairmanMeow
Mar 1, 2008

Fire up the grill everyone eats tonight!
Lipstick Apathy

Applewhite posted:

Too skinny. 4/10.

2nd from left is chunky you wrong about holidays and ladies

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW
You get gently caress girls dressed up as slutty things. thats a +

Horniest Manticore
Nov 23, 2013

Hello, you!
Lipstick Apathy
if you wouldn't loving destroy each of those girls then i don't know what to tell you

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

if you wouldn't loving destroy each of those girls then i don't know what to tell you

if you didnt pick far right i dunno what to tell you loving idiots

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F3J0iwwsq-w

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

ChairmanMeow posted:

2nd from left is chunky you wrong about holidays and ladies

Not chunky enough

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy

Gammatron 64 posted:

What? Nope. At Christmas you get presents, decorations and holiday specials like Rudolph and poo poo. Thanksgiving is an above average dinner.

Halloween has haunted houses, horror movies, gettin' fuckin' wasted, costumes, pranks, and people with fake dead bodies and poo poo on their lawns. On the 4th of July you get to drive to South Carolina, buy some fireworks that aren't legal in your state and proceed to blow things up and set stuff on fire and hope you don't get caught by the cops.

I suppose St. Patty's and New Year's are all right because they usually involve getting drunk, but you can get drunk on any day of the year if you want.

Both Xgiving and Xmas are the only real family holidays in the US, where you get 2 days off work/school so you can go home and have a big rear end dinner and stuff. Yeah Xmas you trade gifts but Xgiving is right up there and deffo head and shoulders above the other less holidays.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ghlbtsk
Apr 19, 2005

these bath mats
are
GORGEOUS
I handed out toothbrushes and dental floss until the kids stopped coming to my house.
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED

• Locked thread