Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
its mid october and still like upper 80s low 90s, I dont need winter tires

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

Dat grip

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

My father in law only uses two winter tires, makes me feel like less of a man tbh

Tuxedo Gin
May 21, 2003

Classy.

winter doesn't exist where i live

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.

Tuxedo Gin posted:

Where I live all the seasons are postponed by 2~ months. It's really loving weird getting summer-warm Novembers and winter-cold Aprils/Mays; all scenarios barely getting any sunshine anyway.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Alright I'll admit it: Winter Tires is probably the weakest of the Let's Talk About It series I've done so far

Maybe tomorrow I'll find something better on my desk/ out my window

naem
May 29, 2011

Tuxedo Gin posted:

Enfield
May 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
chains bitch

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

That's a high quality avatar right there.
Never used winter tires, just got good at driving in the snow.

I live in New England and our snow is really heavy and wet. The best thing I ever used in the snow was by accident. I got a flat once and had to put on the spare tire doughnut in January. That thing SLICED through the snow. Even though it was only one tire, that week was still the best handling I've ever had in the snow. I was kind of bummed to get the new tire on.

Can't ride on doughnuts forever :(

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

Spare batteries are pretty key.
When I grew up in Michigan, nobody used 'winter tires'

Now that I'm in Colorado everybody has a set and worries about the right time to swap them.

I think the real question is "summer tires: why even bother"

BluPotato
Jul 18, 2006

A decent set of All Seasons have always been fine to me unless you live in the boondocks in a blizzard or are like driving up a mountain or something.

Dave_Indeed
Feb 22, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
lol if you don't own a set of hard summer tires and good snow tires because Ohio rules and is good at football.

Just lol.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Dave_Indeed posted:

lol if you don't own a set of hard summer tires and good snow tires because Ohio rules and is good at football.

Just lol.

lol if you change your own tires u pleb

new friend from school
May 19, 2008

by Azathoth
I've never used them before, but I'm in Chicago for the winter again, and my car is easily the worst I've had to drive in winter conditions (Genesis Coupe). Gonna get some winter tires this year, see how it goes.

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003
big fan of driving studded tires in June but my dick is also bigger than most

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dave_Indeed
Feb 22, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

WHAT A GOOD DOG posted:

lol if you change your own tires u pleb

Wrong.

Vehicles are direct representations of your penis and therefore must be taken care of personally because you are a real man.

I have a Ford Focus with a graphic "FoFo" on one side and "2 fast, 2 bicurious" on the other.

I'm gay.

#boomshakalakalaka

• Locked thread