Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring

a starwar betamax posted:

We get back in the Scion like a very small crowd of clowns that are meant to be boring instead of funny. Wife drives of course because she has to always be in control and because my tricked knees are acting up after all the walking we did in Sears.

She tosses the photos on my lap as if I'm supposed to care.

I pull the photos out and take a quick cursory glace just to be polite.

Then I take a longer glance.

This is what we call a "doubled take"

Before long my eyes are glued to the photo and I'm gripping on to it with all of my fingers and I'm holding it up close and then squinting and then shaking my head and then I'm looking at my family and then I'm looking back at the photo, this goes on for a while.

"This is not us"

:ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

My Q-Face
Jul 8, 2002

A dumb racist who need to kill themselves

Around this time I remembered..... I have no children. No wife.

Not anymore.

Egad, Bad Dad!

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
What happened??????

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy
Same OP

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nTxkKFJrCMs

He's the raddest dad in town.

RAD DAD

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
Three smiling kids..... a beautiful wife. Radiant faces full of joy. Rosey cheeks, eyes crunched up in expression of sincere happiness. All hovering around the central figure, the father, like a choir of attendant angels.....

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
I got the same feeling that I know we can all relate to and that is the feeling oof when you put the coins into the red-box and a movie pops out but it isn't the movie you elected............................it is a different movie. An impostor.

This photo was an impostor. A carefully constructed fake.

My family had nothing in common with the family depicted beyond a super-facial resemblance.

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem
I'll be your wife and children

Buckets
Apr 10, 2009

...THE CHILD...

star trek
Apr 7, 2009
this thread sucks rear end

Adbot