Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
is a really good tv show. i didnt think it would be but i guess lots of people probably already know this but i just started watching it. how the hell did FX afford some of these actors? billy bob might not be at the height of his career but martin freeman probably is. anyway, it's really high quality tv and they capture what the midwest is like so so perfectly. there are some questionable screenplay moments but for the most part it's really good especially for an FX show. i'm only on ep 4 or so. you can watch on hulu if you're interested.

i seem to remember TVIV criticizing the show when it first came out back in the dark days when i used to read TVIV but they're wrong about virtually everything. heck yeah!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH
fargo is good OP

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
TV IV has been sucking Fargo dick since the beginning from what I can remember

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax

Dangerous Person posted:

that's funny i thought they were sucking baby dicks

Shadow
Jun 25, 2002
this post contains true words

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

Dangerous Person posted:

oh ok. i apologize for tarnishing their flawless reputation as a subforum but even a broken rear end clock is right twice a day

Shadow
Jun 25, 2002

Frostwerks posted:

that's funny i thought they were sucking baby dicks

this post contains libel :(

Shadow
Jun 25, 2002

thathonkey posted:

oh ok. i apologize for tarnishing their flawless reputation as a subforum but even a broken rear end clock is right twice a day

this post contains harsh words :smith:

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

i thought fargo was a movie

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
OK fuckos I set up a DVR recording.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

thathonkey posted:

tviv also likes broad city, which is a good show

but they also would prob/ban people for saying anything bad about Girls during season 1, dunno if they still do.

s

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

Parallax Scroll posted:

i thought fargo was a movie

yeah it's a tv show based on the movie and it's surprisingly good check it out whether you like it or not.

it even features a son that is touched by the 'tism which a lot of goons should identify with. i know i did ! :downs:

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

thathonkey posted:

yeah it's a tv show based on the movie and it's surprisingly good check it out whether you like it or not.

it even features a son that is touched by the 'tism which a lot of goons should identify with. i know i did ! :downs:

huh neat i guess

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
I dunno man I just remember them liking the show is all

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

thathonkey posted:

how was the new tv shows on limtiless and minority report?

kinda weird theres suddenly a lot of movies->tv shows recently

Shadow
Jun 25, 2002

Xaris posted:

tviv also likes broad city, which is a good show

but they also would prob/ban people for saying anything bad about Girls during season 1, dunno if they still do.

s

hmm...

i haven't encountered this. i think that lena dunham is a talentless nerdwhore. i hope they let me back in :ohdear:

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH
i dont read tviv much but i checked out Cin D the other day and people were still arguing that the shitheap called Prometheus was a legit good movie and yelling at people that said otherwise

delete that subforum

Shadow
Jun 25, 2002

Parallax Scroll posted:

huh neat i guess

it's not really based ON the movie. it takes place in the movie's universe.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

Xaris posted:

how was the new tv shows on limtiless and minority report?

kinda weird theres suddenly a lot of movies->tv shows recently

no idea sorry friend im not like some sort of authority on television i have limited time so i try to select the highest quality shows possible

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

Daedra posted:

i dont read tviv much but i checked out Cin D the other day and people were still arguing that the shitheap called Prometheus was a legit good movie and yelling at people that said otherwise

delete that subforum

tviv has some good threads (the sons of anarchy one is downright hilarious) and there is some genuinely vibrant and interesting discussion that goes on in some of the threads good shows that have ended. trying to read a tviv thread about a show that is still airing, esp while the season is airing, is downright brutal though. i stopped reading TVIV after true detective s1 thread.

Shadow
Jun 25, 2002

thathonkey posted:

tviv has some good threads (the sons of anarchy one is downright hilarious) and there is some genuinely vibrant and interesting discussion that goes on in some of the threads good shows that have ended. trying to read a tviv thread about a show that is still airing, esp while the season is airing, is downright brutal though. i stopped reading TVIV after true detective s1 thread.

this is true i find for shows that have a lot of live posting. the americans was one example. countless pages of

:gonk:

HOLY poo poo

I AM GOING TO THROW UP OMG Q#W^!*(Q!

gets old.

discussions after are fun though. I think super popular shows should have two threads. With Live Posting, Without Live Posting.

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax

Shadow posted:

this post contains libel :(

it has to be false

CloFan
Nov 6, 2004

Yeah man last season of Fargo was gold. Haven't seen any of this season yet, but my body is ready

Shadow
Jun 25, 2002

CloFan posted:

Yeah man last season of Fargo was gold. Haven't seen any of this season yet, but my body is ready

has it started?

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax
ye

the great deceiver
Sep 23, 2003

why the feds worried bout me clockin on this corner/
when there's politicians out here gettin popped in arizona
i just started season 2 today and it looks like its gonna be as good as season 1. nevada is the closest to the midwest that ive ever been so i will take this show as an accurate portrayal.

Shadow
Jun 25, 2002
Is this new season the story of what wild bill Lundy kept alluding to about the crazy massacre in '79?

the great deceiver
Sep 23, 2003

why the feds worried bout me clockin on this corner/
when there's politicians out here gettin popped in arizona
it takes place in 79 so i guess

Two Free Toppings
Jul 1, 2007

SUCK
THE
SHIT
OUT
OF
MY
OWN
ASSHOLE
Aliens this season yall

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet

Shadow posted:

Is this new season the story of what wild bill Lundy kept alluding to about the crazy massacre in '79?

Yes

Fishy Joe
Apr 19, 2005
Eat at Fishy Joe's
loving Todd is fat now but i still hate him and his matt damon with downs face

Nefarious
Sep 26, 2000

by XyloJW
i only watch big bang theory

memy
Oct 15, 2011

by exmarx
Bruce Campbell as Ronald Wilson Reagan

memy
Oct 15, 2011

by exmarx
Also I think it's already better than season 1

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
it was a fun as gently caress ride, TVIV is full of rear end in a top hat lickers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Serious Party Gods
Apr 2, 2009

Fantastic stuff. Kind of disappointed that "KCulk" is out of the game already.

• Locked thread