Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Transistor Rhythm posted:

Could've sworn it's on the jacket of the one I have, but all good. Edited!

Could well be, in which case that publisher is stupid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Choadmaster
Oct 7, 2004

I don't care how snug they fit, you're nuts!
This doesn't exactly qualify, but I unknowingly* started Peter Hamilton's Night's Dawn Trilogy at book 2 and man, was I really surprised at how he just throws the reader into the middle of everything! And then I started the next (actually first) book, and was like, "Whoa, now we're getting backstory... Oh. Wait. poo poo."

* In the US, each of the three books was split into two (because, you know, Americans just can't handle big books. Or more likely +$$$). Each cover was simply labeled "Part 1" and "Part 2" with no sign that they were part of a trilogy (it's mentioned in the blurb on the back but gently caress those, I don't read them) so when I saw The Neutronium Alchemist, Part 1 in the bookstore I had no idea.

• Locked thread