Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Spandex Bonerlord
Sep 30, 2014

I was in the break room at work and this commercial for a local funeral home started playing on the tv. The commercial was talking about how awesome their website is and how you can set up your funeral service ahead of time. They showed this old lady on her computer showing the site to her grandkids, and they were all wide eyed with awe like she was showing them a funny youtube video or some poo poo, but she was just showing them how she can make brochures and set up details for her cremation and poo poo. Like seriously. Okay kids, grannies gonna die pretty soon , here help me plan my funeral services. And the kids are acting like they are getting fresh baked cookies or some poo poo. Lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

i was the granny

Matey
Mar 28, 2008

eat food

They're just pumped for that inheritance

Jerry Mumphrey
Mar 11, 2004

by zen death robot

(and can't post for 4 years!)

it would have been cool if the old ladie tricked the grandkids into looking at the computer screen and then brutally murdered them with a knife from behind

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

my gparents were in a commercial for a funeral home like a decade ago and they're still kickin

it was weird to see them on TV tho

Amazing Zimmo
Jan 27, 2006

That's quite a load you got in them diapers
sorry about your upbringing OP

Obligatory Toast
Mar 19, 2007

What am I reading here??
That's actually what it is like, but you don't bring the grandkids along, and your children just hem and haw about every goddamn nickle and dime you spend on your own death.

Don't bother splurging on the casket, though. Go nuts on your headstone. My grandparents have granite slabs that run the length of their burial plots and they loving rule.

Three-Phase
Aug 5, 2006

by zen death robot
I want one of those Russian Mafia tombstones with an image of me standing next to my car and looking cool etched on a massive granite slab.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Masturbasturd
Sep 1, 2014
Are there any funeral home commercials with a catchy jingle? Asking for a friend.

• Locked thread