Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
empty baggie
Oct 22, 2003

Jumpingmanjim posted:

I saw a movie about that.

Besides "Con Air", they also used one on "Orange is the New Black".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jiro Kage
Aug 6, 2003

PICKLE SURPRISE!

They did actually take prisoners on a few flights I was on. It was always low key, and the prisoners were always in civilian clothes. Both ICE and the marshals did it on flights I was on. Really the only way to tell it was a prisoner in some way was to spot the leg irons they were wearing.

quote:

I hear you on how much you say it grinds on you, but maybe I just got lucky and interacted only with people who were just rounding out careers in government and didn't mind the bureaucracy as long as the payout was a sweet federal retirement package.

The fliers were the best people I ever worked with. It's the management that never flies and has no idea what the life is like or what the job should entail that is the problem. I have nothing against people that just want to retire out of it, but there is a line you have to draw between being lazy and actually being ready to do your job.

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

One of the pilots that flies those will, without exception, check on frequency with ATC and ask for "Law Enforcement Priority."

...Which isn't really a thing that we do. :v:

He's the only one. We like to imagine that the other guys he flies with are eyerolling just as much as we are.

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.

sbaldrick posted:

passenger ships are generally handled by navies but don't carry weapons. They do have the giant water hoses for pirates however.

Navies don't have anything to do with he operations of cruise ships. They're privately operated, by civilian crews hired by the ship's owners or managers, and inspected by the maritime authorities of their country of registrations (or a delegated organization) and by the maritime authorities of whichever states they visits (e.g. The USCG).

They have security personnel onboard, but as far as I know that personnel is on the cruise line's payroll.

• Locked thread