Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
are you rolling in the dough
hell yeah op
h*ck no
I have no need of material objects.
View Results

• Locked thread
Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord
i'm getting $20 from the canadian dram price fixing class action, what about the rest of the 'pos

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

i got $480 (USD!!!) from some class action suit against ticketmaster

i had no idea about it. i just a letter and in it was a cheque and a letter from some law firm explaining what it was for

suprise money is cool & good

lord funk
Feb 16, 2004

lol didn't we outlaw class action suits in amurca because awwwww poor businesses

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

lord funk posted:

lol didn't we outlaw class action suits in amurca because awwwww poor businesses
no?

what are you even talking about?

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
A class action, class suit, or representative action is a type of lawsuit where one of the parties is a group of people who are represented collectively by a member of that group. The class action originated in the United States and is still predominantly a U.S. phenomenon, but several European countries with civil law, have made changes in recent years to allow consumer organizations to bring claims on behalf of consumers.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

Sham bam bamina! posted:

no?

what are you even talking about?

wasn't there some corporate case involving class actions that made it way way harder to actually start a class action

Captain Cool
Oct 23, 2004

This is a song about messin' with people who've been messin' with you

Improbable Lobster posted:

wasn't there some corporate case involving class actions that made it way way harder to actually start a class action
companies can force customers to agree to binding arbitration (which is always extremely biased toward the company) instead of participating in a class action

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AT%26T_Mobility_LLC_v._Concepcion

overdesigned
Apr 10, 2003

We are compassion...
Lipstick Apathy
If you've ever entered into any written agreement with any major company you've probably given up your right to litigate in favor of binding arbitration, yep.

lord funk
Feb 16, 2004

yeah that's the one

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

Captain Cool posted:

companies can force customers to agree to binding arbitration (which is always extremely biased toward the company) instead of participating in a class action

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AT%26T_Mobility_LLC_v._Concepcion
oh fun :sigh:

BangersInMyKnickers
Nov 3, 2004

I have a thing for courageous dongles

I posted the amazon 55gal barrel of lube thing on my facebook years ago and then facebook advertised the drum of lube using my profile picture and I got $5 for it

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I just assumed in America that any corporation had the right to siphon money directly out of your bank account at any given time, but only if you're already poor

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

BangersInMyKnickers posted:

I posted the amazon 55gal barrel of lube thing on my facebook years ago and then facebook advertised the drum of lube using my profile picture and I got $5 for it

drat, you're a lube star

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
everyone go to tunalawsuit.com right now!

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
also, yes,

$7 from at&t over some misbilling thing
$20 or so from toyota over something

a dece six and a half figgies hopefully from the high tech employee lawsuit

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
I got $200 from crapple for a phone warranty thing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
someone left a old ipod nano at my place and i did the exchange thing and got the ipod nano that looked like a watch?

its worthless

• Locked thread