Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

drat horror queefs posted:

My dad actually got really upset after watching brokeback mountain because "What if in all those cowboy movies I watched as a kid they were off loving each other in the bushes?? It's disgusting"

Uhhh dad I'm pretty sure that was all John Wayne did with his free time let's be real

John Wayne cornholed a lot of dudes. I mean dudes in the cowboy sense

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
The NFL is great because every year we see the Cowboys crush the Redskins just like America did 400 years ago.

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
once the weather gets cold i like to watch movies that take place in hot, dry climates
no country for old men, once upon a time in the west, good bad and the ugly, (cant think of another one for some reason)

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL

hey! longmire is a good show

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

My dad actually got really upset after watching brokeback mountain because "What if in all those cowboy movies I watched as a kid they were off loving each other in the bushes?? It's disgusting"

Uhhh dad I'm pretty sure that was all John Wayne did with his free time let's be real

Cowboys tended to be more like bikers from Mad Max in terms of sexuality. On the open range, any hole would do. If you couldn't find a woman, then a guy would do, and if you could get someone to bottom, then there's always livestock.

gary oldmans diary posted:

once the weather gets cold i like to watch movies that take place in hot, dry climates
no country for old men, once upon a time in the west, good bad and the ugly, (cant think of another one for some reason)

The Wild Bunch.

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

Young Freud posted:

The Wild Bunch.
ill add this to my list of movies to watch/list of movies ill never watch

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

gary oldmans diary posted:

ill add this to my list of movies to watch/list of movies ill never watch

If not, at least watch it for the opening shootout and the ending, which has been called "Battle of Bloody Porch". The whole movie is good, but those two scenes were groundbreaking in the late '60s because of it's gratuitous brutal violence that hadn't been seen like that in a movie, let alone a western.

Then, after that, since you included No Country For Old Men, I'd recommend Extreme Prejudice, where a special forces unit teams up with a Texas Ranger to stop a drug kingpin in Mexico (who also happens to be the Ranger's best friend from high school).

phobo
Aug 7, 2008
They go nuts for cowboy butts

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

A solid move

Top Bunk Wanker
Jan 31, 2005

Top Trump Anger

Kuato posted:

man with no name trilogy and unforgiven are only worthwhile westerns ever made IMO

Lonesome Dove is really good.

damn horror queefs
Oct 14, 2005

say hello
say hello to the man in the elevator

phobo posted:

They go nuts for cowboy butts

Hooded Reptile
Aug 31, 2015
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YZKRJSo7-SM

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

"McCabe & Mrs. Miller" was fun.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

boomers should hang themselves

ZombieParts
Jul 18, 2009

ASK ME ABOUT VISITING PROSTITUTES IN CHINA AND FEELING NO SHAME. MY FRIEND IS SERIOUSLY THE (PATHETIC) YODA OF PAYING WOMEN TO TOUCH HIS (AND MY) DICK. THEY WOULDN'T DO IT OTHERWISE.
im your huckleberry

damn horror queefs
Oct 14, 2005

say hello
say hello to the man in the elevator

this is actually fairly pro-click imo

e: lmao at 5:54

damn horror queefs fucked around with this message at 20:29 on Oct 17, 2015

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

Beat me to it, but yeah.

Compare today's superhero movies to Shane or whatever and they're basically the same. Simple plots, moral absolutism, invincible protagonists, violence ultimately solves every problem, there's usually a love interest that awaits the hero with baited breath at the finale once the big bad guy gets killed.

Etc.

Except that some westerns are good.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
What I'm saying is that super hero movies are bad

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

DUNK A DILL PICKLE REALDO

lol. i think your dad "got" this movie more than almost anyone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

what if more like definitely were

• Locked thread