Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

"Well. That's over"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
Not a bad game for the Cubs. You half expect to lose to Harvey but they put up a decent fight and stayed with it.

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

CAUTION: POST QUALITY UNDER CONSTRUCTION

Popete posted:

Not a bad game for the Cubs. You half expect to lose to Harvey but they put up a decent fight and stayed with it.

Too bad Harvey's their third best pitcher.

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=
Cubs are going to lose every single Lester start and still win the World Series.

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

SourKraut posted:

Too bad Harvey's their third best pitcher.

The Cubs beat DeGrom twice this year and Syndergaard once. Harvey got a ND in his only other game vs. the Cubs this year.

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

The Cubs beat DeGrom twice this year and Syndergaard once. Harvey got a ND in his only other game vs. the Cubs this year.

The Mets got hot after we last played them though so I'm worried it's only going to continue.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

Pretty sure your not going to find John Mayberry Jr, Kevin Palweki, Eric Campbell and Kirk Nieuwenhuis in the Mets line-up this time around.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.

quote:

Adam Rubin ‏@AdamRubinESPN
ESPN Stats: Teams that have won Game 1 of a best-of-7 postseason series went on to win the series 62.1 percent of the time (95-58).

Adam Rubin ‏@AdamRubinESPN
Via ESPN Stats: Travis d'Arnaud: 2nd career postseason HR. Only other Mets catchers with multiple postseason HR are Gary Carter, Mike Piazza

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

davecrazy posted:

Pretty sure your not going to find John Mayberry Jr, Kevin Palweki, Eric Campbell and Kirk Nieuwenhuis in the Mets line-up this time around.

Hence Mets bullshit. For once it'd be nice for a team that hasn't won it within the last 100 years to not be the NL team...

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

Should anyone even remotely give a poo poo about the results of games played more than three months ago in regards to this series?

Beautiful Ninja
Mar 26, 2009

Five time FCW Champion...of my heart.

SourKraut posted:

Hence Mets bullshit. For once it'd be nice for a team that hasn't won it within the last 100 years to not be the NL team...

I know, it's only been 29 years since the Mets won, obviously their fanbase is spoiled ;)

Seriously though, you can't compare the Mets team when the Cubs played to the current Mets team, we're not the worst offense in baseball for starters.

New Concept Hole
Oct 10, 2012

東方動的
If regular seasons numbers counted for anything we wouldn't even be talking about a Cubs vs Mets NLCS

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

The team that wins game 1 of the 5-game division series goes on to win 72% of the time and the Cubs overcame that :eng101:

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

Beautiful Ninja posted:

I know, it's only been 29 years since the Mets won, obviously their fanbase is spoiled ;)

Seriously though, you can't compare the Mets team when the Cubs played to the current Mets team, we're not the worst offense in baseball for starters.

I'm not the one using mid-season results, but also :laffo: at Mets fans thinking they've had it as bad as the Cubs. That 29 years is less than half the time since the last time the Cubs were even in the World Series.

beejay
Apr 7, 2002

oh my god shut up

Yechezkel
Oct 5, 2004

Fun Shoe
Right before break on the postgame show: "Boom motherfucking..."

Did anyone else catch that?

VVV Yup.

Yechezkel fucked around with this message at 04:33 on Oct 18, 2015

Brogeoisie
Jan 12, 2005

"Look, I'm a private citizen," he said. "One thing that I don't have to do is sit here and open my kimono as it relates to how much money I make or didn't."
TBS, as it's going off air, someone yells, "BOOM MOTHERFUCKING" while the TBS logo is flashing on the screen

L-Boned
Sep 11, 2001

by FactsAreUseless
The Bartman Curse is in full effect.

Yechezkel
Oct 5, 2004

Fun Shoe

Brogeoisie posted:

TBS, as it's going off air, someone yells, "BOOM MOTHERFUCKING" while the TBS logo is flashing on the screen

Crappy Vine of it: https://vine.co/v/e9OBrUuYvjV

...and the guy apologized for it on-air a few minutes later.

Yechezkel fucked around with this message at 05:13 on Oct 18, 2015

Longpig Bard
Dec 29, 2004

Lol I wonder if closed caption got that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

:smith:

• Locked thread