Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
As long as the thread is alive the boiled peanuts will be alive too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bea Nanner
Oct 20, 2003

Je suis excité!
boil my nuts op :boom:

Bea Nanner fucked around with this message at 01:38 on Jun 29, 2016

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH
i like boiled peanuts thank you for the info op

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

Why is everyone bumping this thread instead of my cartoon one that I actually put some effort into?

:jerry:

psychokitty posted:

AHAHAHA are the quotes there too? Love that poo poo. Like when you go to a restaurant and they serve "sweet tea"

They serve the same purpose as [sic].

The last thing I need is for people on the internet to wonder if I know how to spell tomatoes correctly.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy
I miss the south. Boiled peanuts from a can at the grocery store just can't compare.

Hitler B. Natural
Feb 11, 2014

CannonFodder posted:

Is that pronounced "kay row" or "kai row" this is important but also not important

it's a Mountain Goats reference that only cool and good people would notice

but for the record it's the same as the one in Egypt

DICKLORD BONE
Aug 27, 2003
Holy poo poo a boiled peanut

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
Whoa

Jim Barris
Aug 13, 2009
posting in the boiled peanuts thread, to show my support of this noble street-snack.

A Strange Aeon
Mar 26, 2010

You are now a slimy little toad
The Great Twist

Dr Strangepants posted:

There are no pan asian supermarkets down in hell so you can't buy golden boy peanuts

You must give to the March of Dimes, you must be on guard against wickedness at all times
and you'll find that your efforts have brought you great joy when your spirit is munching on that golden boy

Iron Prince
Aug 28, 2005
Buglord
woah

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS

boiled peanuts

Erostratus
Jun 18, 2011

by R. Guyovich
Boiled peanuts are the poo poo because my dead father ate them so i eat them to remember him by. The southern way.

Here's a cool place that used to sell boiled peanuts: https://flic.kr/p/JnpWWZ

shoophobo
Aug 30, 2013

"shoophobo? more like shittyposter!" :grin:

Fallen Rib
Y'all don't know Tony The Peanut Man?
"a Legendary totem of Charleston South Carolina"

I gotta get some of his nuts whenever I go to the baseball game.
http://www.tonythepeanutman.com/about-tony

quote:

Before there was a Tony The Peanut Man, there was an unassuming man named Anthony Wright. While Anthony was quite a capable man, his destiny was more laden with circumstance then with determination.

He found himself happily employed in the shipping and receiving department of the multi-national Lockheed Aerospace. This provided him with a steady income and a comfortable lifestyle.

Then all of this good fortune came crashing down for Anthony Wright. After a much publicized downsizing, Lockheed gave Anthony directions to the State Unemployment office. Anthony lost everything and was forced into bankruptcy. His next stop was a homeless shelter. He watched from the roadside but was unable to cross the threshold.

While in line at the unemployment office Anthony had a chance encounter with Mr. Marion Hayward who sold peanuts for a living. Mr. Hayward explained to Anthony that he should jump out of line and never look back. Sell peanuts, he said and you will never have to stand in line again. Anthony refused. He did not want to work as a person selling peanuts on the street, he thought, it was a low-class job. Mr. Hayward then mad a statement to Anthony that would change his outlook on life forever. Mr. Hayward told him “If you can do something for yourself, why not do it, as long as you stand in line you will always be waiting for hand-outs in life.”

And he sold dem nutz

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar
I bought a bag of some at a tailgate once for 5 dollars just to make the guy go away. We all tried one and threw the rest in the trash. They are gross as hell.

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
i hold up a boiled peanut in between each of the tips of my fingers... each one representing a planet in the universe the great peanut master Galact-Nuts will devour in his never-ending quest to dominate the universe and nut industry

i already ate one of the peanuts because pluto isnt a planet ddummy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Every time this thread pops back to life I am reminded that Sherman just wasn't thorough enough.

• Locked thread