Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.
could use more fire

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Sick flyers bro. Unfortunately to make the show match them, your three stages of hell now have to be a Biker Chain match, an Inferno match, and a Cactus Jack impersonation contest.

Big Bidness
Aug 2, 2004

Plus AIW just upped (or severely lowered) the flyer game

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Big Bidness posted:

Now this is a show I would pay money to go see. These guys get it.

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:

Big Bidness posted:

I'd like to meet the priest at the church that rented out their space for this.

Big Bidness
Aug 2, 2004

zakharov posted:

I'd like to meet the priest at the church that rented out their space for this.

They've been running shows there for almost a year, it's in a nice gym with heating /AC and good seats and bleachers. I hope they don't get the boot.

Almost all of the wrestlers try not drop F Bombs, except for Eddie Kingston who doesn't tone down his schtick even a little. Every other word is gently caress, and he's mocked Ethan Page by doing a Christ pose. In front of a mural of a pope. If they ever do get kicked out, I'll be shocked if it isn't because someone from the church wandered in and caught a nice earful of Kingston.

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008
They kind of toned down the wrestling too. They don't do nearly as much hardcore as they used.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Big Bidness posted:

I would absolutely go to this show because this is amazing

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Big Bidness posted:

They've been running shows there for almost a year, it's in a nice gym with heating /AC and good seats and bleachers. I hope they don't get the boot.

Almost all of the wrestlers try not drop F Bombs, except for Eddie Kingston who doesn't tone down his schtick even a little. Every other word is gently caress, and he's mocked Ethan Page by doing a Christ pose. In front of a mural of a pope. If they ever do get kicked out, I'll be shocked if it isn't because someone from the church wandered in and caught a nice earful of Kingston.

What happened to that Turner Hall building they used to run? I was there once and it certainly struck me as the sort of place where no one would give a gently caress what you do there.

Also, that's kinda funny about Kingston since despite his schtick in other promotions he's a long time Chikara guy so it's not like he has trouble keeping it cleanish when necessary.

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008
Over the years, the membership to the local Turners club or association dwindled. They couldn't afford to keep the lights on in the building. AIW tried to get people to join the Turners association but you needed more than just members to keep it going. Last show there was Hell on Earth about this time last year. By then, the heat had already been shut off and it was cold as hell.

EDIT: I do like Eddie's schtick in AIW. It makes him different from everyone else. Last show was great when his manager, the Duke, got his rear end beat by Terry Funk.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Thauros posted:

What happened to that Turner Hall building they used to run? I was there once and it certainly struck me as the sort of place where no one would give a gently caress what you do there.

Also, that's kinda funny about Kingston since despite his schtick in other promotions he's a long time Chikara guy so it's not like he has trouble keeping it cleanish when necessary.

I've seen Kingston at a few chikara shows in the past and he definitely dropped a few mother fuckers and similar while brawling if not while promoing

bloodysabbath
May 1, 2004

OH NO!

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

I would absolutely go to this show because this is amazing

I just bought tickets to this and Fastlane (Cleveland Q arena).

Even odds on which is more entertaining.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

Timby posted:

One huge gaping hole I'm seeing in your marketing plan is that you're doing absolutely no database / email marketing. It's the cheapest outlet there is and in many cases the most cost-effective; I have clients earning a 40:1 ROI and even higher. (One is at 115:1, but he does email marketing so goddamn well that he's an outlier.)

Get a MailChimp account (it's free for sending to up to 1,000 addresses) and make it as easy as humanly possible for people to give you their email address: Pop-up on your website, an opt-in widget on Facebook, a Twitter lead generation card, fishbowls at the events for business cards / opt-in slips. Run a regular newsletter and use it to let people know when you're holding events. As your database grows, so will your attendance.

This is true enough for me. The only times I go to local wrestling shows are when Smash emails me with upcoming events or I see some updates on Facebook.

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
The op hasn't posted since October so get out of here.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

bloodysabbath posted:

I just bought tickets to this and Fastlane (Cleveland Q arena).

Even odds on which is more entertaining.

Flyers work, but only if they involve the cinematic library of Macaulay Culkin

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
I can't tell you how disappointed I am in you.

Electric Lady
Mar 21, 2010

To be victorious
you must find glory
in the little things
His last post: 10/30/15. The promotion's FB page hasn't been updated since early January.

This wouldn't have happened if you would have just flyered!!

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

ahahaha

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Electric Lady posted:

His last post: 10/30/15. The promotion's FB page hasn't been updated since early January.

This wouldn't have happened if you would have just flyered!!

Maybe they flyered so hard they had to sell their internet access.

Geez.

• Locked thread