Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

DUNK A DILL PICKLE REALDO
it's gonna be lol when they kill han but leave chewie alive, the ultimate gently caress you to the EU.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009

nomadologique posted:

it's gonna be lol when they kill han but leave chewie alive, the ultimate gently caress you to the EU.

That'll suck for Chewie. Unless he can convince 3PO to be his backpack again, nobody will be able to understand his warbling anymore.

Professor of Cats
Mar 22, 2009

Wait wait, is the movie doing things the comic did? Or is it taking place after that stupid babby comic. Also, why do I care, I don't know. gently caress you

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

nomadologique posted:

Han and Leia divorced after 2 years, no kids. gently caress alllllllll those EU Solo jedi kids.

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

Blurry Gray Thing posted:

That'll suck for Chewie. Unless he can convince 3PO to be his backpack again, nobody will be able to understand his warbling anymore.

Plus, y'know, he'll have failed in his life debt to Han and will have to commit Wookiee Seppuku

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Please disregard my advice w/r/t history.
I take it back Mark Hamill no looking as bad as I imagined
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9hzd_K5QdXQ

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

Toadvine posted:

Mark Hamill is basically Your Dad at this point

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Toadvine posted:

Got drat Han, get the Falcon detailed once in a while. Lando had that poo poo sparkling.

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

Toadvine posted:

:homebrew: take my money :homebrew: take my money :homebrew: take my money :homebrew:

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
I love how the very first words in that teaser are "Real sets ... practical effects" and then Mark Hammill kicks in with his spiel about "Everything's changed but nothing's changed. That's the way you want it to be, really." They're really pushing the message that they're not making the mistakes that George Lucas made in the prequel trilogy.

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

I love how the very first words in that teaser are "Real sets ... practical effects" and then Mark Hammill kicks in with his spiel about "Everything's changed but nothing's changed. That's the way you want it to be, really." They're really pushing the message that they're not making the mistakes that George Lucas made in the prequel trilogy.

Kill all nerds

Moltke
May 13, 2009
I'm guessing that without the common cause of fighting for the rebellion to keep Han and Leia together, they drifted apart after the Battle of Endor with Leia taking a more political-military style position (Minister of the Fleet), and Han returning to his one true love -- smuggling.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
The best thing in the world would be if this movie totally sucked and fans hated it

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

The best thing in the world would be if this movie totally sucked and fans hated it

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Please disregard my advice w/r/t history.

dang

Professor of Cats
Mar 22, 2009

It could literally be a floppy dick wriggling around to the star wars music and you would still have nerds defending it.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

it will probably make more money than avengers opening

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Nonsense posted:

it will probably make more money than avengers opening

It easily smashed the first day presale ticket records of every other film including Avengers. Avengers apparently brought in about $1m presale tickets the first day, Star Wars TFA brought in over $6.5m.
Edit: that $6.5m was just for IMAX sales, I don't know how much it sold overall

Snowglobe of Doom fucked around with this message at 18:28 on Oct 26, 2015

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

the fandom rear end

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Professor of Cats posted:

It could literally be a floppy dick wriggling around to the star wars music and you would still have nerds defending it.

There's also a good reason why Disney paid 5 billion for the IP.

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

i'm also struggling to figure out what is "bad" or "dumb" about a floppy dick wriggling to the star wars music, i am pretty sure that's a shoo-in for MOMA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

nomadologique posted:

i'm also struggling to figure out what is "bad" or "dumb" about a floppy dick wriggling to the star wars music, i am pretty sure that's a shoo-in for MOMA

Maybe that russian pirate guy do another helicopter dick video after the new film gets released?

• Locked thread