Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

People who don't have smartphones probably live in some podunk nothing rear end town

if you live in a city you want a smartphone, you can check train times and tram times and maps and all that good poo poo while you are being a pedestrian

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

plain blue jacket
Jan 13, 2014

IT DOESN'T STOP
IT NEVER STOPS
chinese brand android phones have actually gotten pretty good and are extremely cheap

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

plain blue jacket posted:

chinese brand android phones have actually gotten pretty good and are extremely cheap

The newest google nexus phone uses a chinese company for the cheaper smaller screen model.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
My girlfriend's dad is super proud that he only has a flip phone, and he "doesn't need any of those bells and whistles." He also enjoys switching the over-the-air TV stations before you can get involved in a show, and drinking lots of beer, and sports. He also lives in the suburbs and fears the big city.

OP, are you my girlfriend's dad?

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
I have a Amazon Fire Phone.. Does this count?

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
Canceled my cell phone.

I honestly don't miss it one loving bit.

scuba school sucks
Aug 30, 2012

The brilliance of my posting illuminates the forums like a jar of shining gold when all around is dark

Fonzarelli posted:

People who don't have smartphones probably live in some podunk nothing rear end town

Hey my ears are burning and I literally do not own a phone at all. Why? If somebody wants to talk to me they can email me, Gmail is free, I can even send text messages with it. gently caress it, I build fences and herd cows, there's no way anybody needs to get in touch with me RIGHT NOW.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Here's a picture of me on my cellular telephone device

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it

vyst posted:

Here's a picture of me on my cellular telephone device

drat dude that's like an acre of gum you got there.

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica
i use an older windows phone (because im gay) im not sure if it qualifies as a smart phone theres a home button and a bing button on it

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

Do it ironically posted:

theres a bing button on it

sorry your smart phone is a literally retarded phone

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

the lumina phones were pretty good but then you get all the windows mobile problems like lack of new apps.

Also lol at being a laughing stock in public for having a windows phone

MS also did a pink slip blizzard for Nokia after buying them out.

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Do you realize that fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous communist plot we have ever had to face?

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

My girlfriend's dad is super proud that he only has a flip phone, and he "doesn't need any of those bells and whistles." He also enjoys switching the over-the-air TV stations before you can get involved in a show, and drinking lots of beer, and sports. He also lives in the suburbs and fears the big city.

OP, are you my girlfriend's dad?

Literally me except I own a smartphone

Biblical Fucking
Nov 21, 2013

Ask me about where to find fucking in the Bible!
Before I got a smart phone I had to take the newspaper in to the toilets at work and everyone was like 'he's definitely going for a poo poo', now I can keep the fuckers guessing

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Jez Plama posted:

Before I got a smart phone I had to take the newspaper in to the toilets at work and everyone was like 'he's definitely going for a poo poo', now I can keep the fuckers guessing

Trust me, they can still tell.

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica
i used to just read the shampoo bottle or listerine bottle when taking a dump

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Do it ironically posted:

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time
What if smart phones are just a conspiracy to make it easier to sneak harmful ingredients into shampoo?

i was reloading
Aug 15, 2015

by zen death robot

Lowtax posted:

I love to reply to threads!!!

Hey Loxtaw!!!

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

Do it ironically posted:

i use an older windows phone (because im gay) im not sure if it qualifies as a smart phone theres a home button and a bing button on it

we might have the exact same phone. i'm not gay though.

ghlbtsk
Apr 19, 2005

these bath mats
are
GORGEOUS

Do it ironically posted:

I like a man who knows his methylparabens from his propylparabens.

Maoist Pussy
Feb 12, 2014

by Lowtax

ANIME IS BLOOD posted:

those fags at blackberry finally roll out an anroid with a hard keyboard but I just upgraded gently caress you blackberry t:mad:

See, I don't understand. How can a Blackberry be an Android, I thought they were different.

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

Maoist Pussy posted:

See, I don't understand. How can a Blackberry be an Android, I thought they were different.

it's a blackberry that runs android os

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011

Germstore posted:

Like $30 for like an LG Optimus Fuel, but probably twice that for something bordering on useful.

why

burning swine
May 26, 2004

I own a smartphone and basically resent the fact that I have to have one to partake in modern life.

I'm also mad that every time I want to deposit a check I have to go search around the house for my lovely phone when I'm already sitting at a desktop PC doing banking poo poo

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

The new google nexus phone is pretty good if you want a decent budget option.

Also has a smaller 5inch screen version for people who want a more compact phone and frequency wise it works for all carriers.

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013
If the phone was actually smart it wouldn't be so esily manipulated. :smug:

Maoist Pussy
Feb 12, 2014

by Lowtax

ANIME IS BLOOD posted:

it's a blackberry that runs android os

See, this is why normal people just overpay for Apple poo poo.

saftsuse
Jul 9, 2007

Death in June
I threw that fucker in the creek two nights ago

Turtle Sandbox
Dec 31, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
I have yet to buy a smartphone so I don't know the joy of not driving while I drive, is it as great as it looks?

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Do it ironically posted:

lol

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

In London nobody puts a case on their smart telephones. Naked for all the world to see.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Turtle Sandbox posted:

I have yet to buy a smartphone so I don't know the joy of not driving while I drive, is it as great as it looks?

And more.

You can get lights to go green by whipping it out, it's pretty sweet.

• Locked thread