Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Slanderer
May 6, 2007
http://internet.gawker.com/what-this-artist-has-done-with-landscape-photography-is-1737909583

quote:

For months, one diligent artist has toiled to make and curate a majestic collection of landscape photographs, unlike anything you’ve seen before. Were these merely pretty landscapes, Clancy Philbrick would be just another world traveler with an aspirational Instagram account, but they’re not: they’re Nutscapes. And there’s a big, hairy nutsack in each one. Which means he’s also a genius.

You could argue that the conspicuous testicles—mostly Philbrick’s, although he has a partner in the project and accepts worthy fan submissions—obscure the scenery, but that would be missing the point. They’re a compositional element that forces the viewer to rethink the entire milieu. The photographer has emerged from behind the lens and inserted something of himself—to wit: his balls—into the frame.

Philbrick spoke to the Daily Dot about the moment he first became so inspired by natural beauty that he felt compelled to drop his nuts into it.

“I was on a solo trip out in the bush of New Zealand shooting some typical landscape photography,” the Nutscape navigator wrote, “and while on top of a mountain looking out at this amazing concave glacier in the distance, I felt a great gratitude for my surroundings and a primal urge to connect on a deeper level with Mother Nature.”

“The next thing I knew, I was taking a picture of my balls dipping into the negative space above the glacier.”

Like all world-changing ideas, it seems obvious in retrospect. It’s now difficult to imagine a reality where eye-popping landscapes aren’t viewed through a glistening haze of ball-hair, twinkling in the sun.

Which is why it breaks my heart that by drawing well-deserved attention to Philbrick’s nutsack, we may have doomed it to ultimate obscurity. Such is the effect of the observer on the observed—or just the effect of Instagram’s censorship policies. I fear that once the notorious nipplephobes at the Facebook-owned photo sharing site catch wind of Nutscapes, it may not be long for this world.

I urge you to contemplate it while you’re able. In these nuts, find your own meaning.

As a great poet once said, nut-thing gold can’t stay.

:nws:
https://instagram.com/p/1Q2ikkAakf/
https://instagram.com/p/zLxL_lAarb/
:nws:

He is so brave for finally revealing himself to the world at large. How many times did the mods ban him for ball pride, when they should have been applauding him?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

penus penus penus
Nov 9, 2014

by piss__donald
lol those are some good rear end pictures too

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
Art in 2015 is awesome.

Someone get the Dorkroom guys in here.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
firecrotch eww

Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

HTTP 400: Bad post
Laughing my balls off

Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

HTTP 400: Bad post
But really he should cut his balls off

That Robot
Sep 16, 2004

ask me anything about robots
Buglord
nutscape navigator lol

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

Somethingawful: home of the sneaky nutsack shot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Whirlwind Jones
Apr 13, 2013

by Lowtax
Can we confirm that these are actually his (or at least an actual human's) nuts? I have a feeling it would be pretty easy to rig up a convincing prosthetic which would make taking such pictures infinitely easier.

I'll withhold my thoughts and judgement until this issue can be resolved.

• Locked thread