Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
That Robot
Sep 16, 2004

ask me anything about robots
Buglord
I mean think about it. Older scientist dude with crazy hair and some younger dude go on zany sci-fi adventures in a vehicle that lets them travel through time and space.

The only difference is that rick and morty have a lot more sex jokes.

It's a good show but it's a ripoff.

There I said it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FormerPoster
Aug 5, 2004

Hair Elf
I submit to you that Back to the Future is kind of a Rick and Morty ripoff.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

The original pilot type thing was a straight up BTTF spoof so yeah no poo poo genius.

Cnut the Great
Mar 30, 2014

That Robot posted:

I mean think about it. Older scientist dude with crazy hair and some younger dude go on zany sci-fi adventures in a vehicle that lets them travel through time and space.

The only difference is that rick and morty have a lot more sex jokes.

It's a good show but it's a ripoff.

There I said it.

i think you're reaching

penus penus penus
Nov 9, 2014

by piss__donald
yeah maybe for like 5 minutes lol

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
MY CHAPPED BLOODY TESTICLES MHARTI

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
I've also been suspecting lately that the colbert report was a parody of the oreilly factor.

Pitdragon
Jan 20, 2004
Just another lurker
yeah i think it even used to be called "doc and marty"

Unknowable Hole
Feb 2, 2005

Pillbug

LethalGeek posted:

The original pilot type thing was a straight up BTTF spoof so yeah no poo poo genius.

I don't see the connection.

penus penus penus
Nov 9, 2014

by piss__donald

captainoblivious posted:

I don't see the connection.

old white guy. er, young... boy, er science? no time travel but.... well there ya go

Unknowable Hole
Feb 2, 2005

Pillbug

THE DOG HOUSE posted:

old white guy. er, young... boy, er science? no time travel but.... well there ya go

I dont understand

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I don't get why doc and Marty didn't just go back in time, get a bunch of antiques, and go "back to the future" and sell them mint for a stupid silly markup. Guess there just wasn't room in the Delorian for all that poo poo with the flux capacitor and stuff. poo poo they could have nabbed a dinosaur leg with meat on it. Million dollar a plate type poo poo. Ballin out of control. :madmax:

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Cnut the Great posted:

i think you're reaching

Back to the Future is a Mister Peabody and his boy Sherman rip off anyway

Nefarious
Sep 26, 2000

by XyloJW

LethalGeek posted:

Nefarious
Sep 26, 2000

by XyloJW
op is a fuckin dumbass

Constant Hamprince
Oct 24, 2010

by exmarx
College Slice

ClamdestineBoyster posted:

I don't get why doc and Marty didn't just go back in time, get a bunch of antiques, and go "back to the future" and sell them mint for a stupid silly markup. Guess there just wasn't room in the Delorian for all that poo poo with the flux capacitor and stuff. poo poo they could have nabbed a dinosaur leg with meat on it. Million dollar a plate type poo poo. Ballin out of control. :madmax:

that always goes bad man, like you steal one roman coin and you come back and your dad is a giant ant's sex slave for some reason

Constant Hamprince fucked around with this message at 00:35 on Oct 22, 2015

That Robot
Sep 16, 2004

Buglord

Nefarious posted:

op is a fuckin dumbass

rude

it was a point that had to be made

damn horror queefs
Oct 14, 2005

say hello
say hello to the man in the elevator
HI IM OP THAF ROBERT

DOES NE1 KNO IF SHORT LIVED SITCKM "THAT 80S SBOW" IS A PAODRY OF "THAG 70S SHOW" THANKS GOD VLESS U

That Robot
Sep 16, 2004

Buglord

drat horror queefs posted:

HI IM OP THAF ROBERT

DOES NE1 KNO IF SHORT LIVED SITCKM "THAT 80S SBOW" IS A PAODRY OF "THAG 70S SHOW" THANKS GOD VLESS U

my name isn't Robert

it's robot

That Robot

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

Hello. Thaf Robert here for MetaLife.

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

He was warrior and mystic, ogre and saint, the fox and the innocent, chivalrous, ruthless, less than a god, more than a man.
if bobby is short for robert what would be short for robot? maybe boopy?

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

botty

monkey
Jan 20, 2004

by zen death robot
Yams Fan
https://vimeo.com/49664066 :nws:

quote:

I actually made this as a way to poke fun at the idea of getting cease and desist letters. At the time (October 2006) I had nothing to lose and my original intention was to call this "back to the future: the new official universal studios cartoon featuring the new Doc Brown and Marty McFly" and then I'd just sit back and wait for a letter from their lawyers to arrive. That's actually why it's so filthy. I was just looking to "troll" a big studio.
Then, as I began editing the radio play and boarding it, the two characters ended up becoming something different than just a bad impression of Doc and Marty from BTTF. They slowly became two of my favorite characters that I've ever voiced. I backed down on the cease and desist bait and changed the spelling of their names and whatever else I could still change. I mean, it's still ultimately a back to the future joke/ (parody?), but to me all these years later, these two characters have become something of their own. You'll see as you go through this website that these voices pop up in several of my failed pilots.

DiHK
Feb 4, 2013

by Azathoth
OP better watch out or Dan Harmon will come and kick his rear end verbally.

huskarl_marx
Oct 13, 2013

by zen death robot

DiHK posted:

OP better watch out or Dan Harmon will come and kick his rear end verbally.

please come post dan

Hobohemian
Sep 30, 2005

by XyloJW
Season 2 was pretty weak, tbh

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy
I suspect that the op is being deliberately ignorant, for comic effect.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Doctor Who is better than Rick&Morty and Doctor Who loving sucks

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
i like how Doc's dick and balls were the most detailed part of his character design, and probably the whole short

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

I've also been suspecting lately that the colbert report was a parody of the oreilly factor.

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR

LethalGeek posted:

it was called rick and marty in the original sketched up version, gbs is now a series of obvious observations posed as new theories

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich
Did you know Jack Tripper was only pretending to gay the whole time???

Stick Figure Mafia
Dec 11, 2004

ah jeez - robert zemeckis reading this thread

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013

Gatekeeper posted:

if bobby is short for robert what would be short for robot? maybe boopy?

if dick is short for richard does that mean that richard is dick extended?

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SMqHt3WIVpI

I like this garfield much better

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011
y-y'know what op? you're growing up into a giant thorn straight up my rear end

HotCarl
Aug 20, 2002
FUCK YOU,
GOT MINE
Did Hulu just remove season two? I swear it was there like last loving week.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

That Robot
Sep 16, 2004

Buglord

lol i never saw the pilot

i have been bested

• Locked thread